Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted
6 hours ago, Alexis said:

When you're as hairy as me, today was perfect t short weather!

I'm quite hairy too ... But it's not warm enough for me to defuzz yet ...

12 hours ago, CreweCold said:

So, where are we at?

The weather this month could be seen coming from a mile off- 

As for where we go from here, there is a weaker signal through the summer months but there is a consistent theme across the longer range modelling that the trough won't be too far away. CFS seems to want it just to the west or southwest of the UK...perhaps warm and wet. At present there is no strong signal for anomalous HP in our immediate vicinity.

CFS-

image.thumb.png.9b1ef1a1a3636407e62f6e2a6f038a94.png

image.thumb.png.0080b182d64173e05ecb4932d0d9b66f.png

GLOSEA is slightly more optimistic and places HP closer to the UK (with the core of the heights just to our NW). The continent looks troughy though so would imply potential thundery lows moving N at times-

2cat_20220301_mslp_months46_global_deter

Fortunately seasonal forecasting 3 months out is basically still rubbish / guesswork. This time last year most of the models were pointing towards a decent summer and it turned out to be the worst since 2012 so that the moment I have little interest on longer term thoughts. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Alderc said:

This time last year most of the models were pointing towards a decent summer and it turned out to be the worst since 2012 so that the moment I have little interest on longer term thoughts. 

It was a decent summer up here though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Sky completely filled with what i think is Cumulus Mediocris. Do any weather experts know if this type of cloud ever reduces or disappears eventually or am i now stuck with this garbage the whole day? 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A good few degrees cooler today, only touching 12 so far but completely clear at least.

Posted

Monday keeps getting upgraded, looks like the low clears faster than forecast a couple of days ago, so southerly winds kick in in time for Monday. Then after that 4 days of early June-like weather which is perfection.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

Sky completely filled with what i think is Cumulus Mediocris. Do any weather experts know if this type of cloud ever reduces or disappears eventually or am i now stuck with this garbage the whole day? 

Same here. Stuck under cloud and no sun to be seen. Seems the same for tomorrow too. I just want my blue sky back. I've managed 1 day of full blue sky and that was yesterday! 1 ... sodding ... day ...

Posted
8 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Same here. Stuck under cloud and no sun to be seen. Seems the same for tomorrow too. I just want my blue sky back. I've managed 1 day of full blue sky and that was yesterday! 1 ... sodding ... day ...

Yes it's the sort of cloud that comes from nowhere and can disappear as fast as it came. There's a swathe of it across England, I suspect it'll disappear this time, though this is based on my experience and not any expert knowledge.

• Like 1

Posted

Still fairly sunny here today.  Went for a 9 mile walk yesterday and a t-shirt was fine!  As Phil Collins would say, 'No jacket required!'

Posted
2 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

Yes it's the sort of cloud that comes from nowhere and can disappear as fast as it came. There's a swathe of it across England, I suspect it'll disappear this time, though this is based on my experience and not any expert knowledge.

It will disappear ... Come 4pm when it's the end of the day ... Always the way ...

Posted
7 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

It will disappear ... Come 4pm when it's the end of the day ... Always the way ...

We'll see who is right, I'm gonna guess it'll be fragmenting and thinning by 2!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Spring has sprung! Beautiful, clear blue skies, although cooler than yesterday; the week ahead looks glorious. Soak up the Vit D

Edited by Bristle Si
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

It’s just gone 15:33, and the spring equinox has just occurred!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Utterly fantastic Spring day, superb clear skies, lovely breeze, not to warm and not to cold. This is as good as it gets. I'd take this for next month or so easily!

• Like 3

Posted

I think due to dry air and east winds the east has seen the most sunshine in general and the clearest skies due to the cooler temps. Out west and down south in more inland areas more prone to cloud due to higher temps generating more thermals to create the cloud.

Have had a few virtually clear and sunny days recently but I expect the change to a southerly wind will bring more cloud into the areas that have been lucky with clear or almost clear days.

Posted
3 hours ago, SqueakheartLW said:

I think due to dry air and east winds the east has seen the most sunshine in general and the clearest skies due to the cooler temps. Out west and down south in more inland areas more prone to cloud due to higher temps generating more thermals to create the cloud.

Have had a few virtually clear and sunny days recently but I expect the change to a southerly wind will bring more cloud into the areas that have been lucky with clear or almost clear days.

Not sure about that, it's been almost unbroken sunshine west of the Pennines over the last few days. A very sunny March so far here.

Posted

Absolutely loved the sunny weather this week, looks like next is set for the same as well!

Long may it continue after the awful winter that we have had.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Absolutely loved the sunny weather this week, looks like next is set for the same as well!

Long may it continue after the awful winter that we have had.

Will April be our 'Winter' this year?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
3 minutes ago, Don said:

Will April be our 'Winter' this year?!

DON'T JINX IT! 

• Like 3

Posted

Just passed 123 hours of sunshine this March which is equal to the 1991-2020 average for the entire month. Looking at the forecast we might have a fair go at beating the sunniest March which was 2012 on 201 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm hoping we don't see anymore below 13c days until October from here on in. Had enough of the chilly and damp stuff, and the morning frosts are still present. Only another month or so, before the real warmth starts to kick in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Really looking forward to some 19-20c days this week. Will be good to lose the chilly wind, which made it feel uncomfortable at the weekend. 

Much more pleasant today while walking round, and didn't need my winter jacket for the first time since probably late October.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Looks like a warm week and then temperatures may come down again. Looking forward to a bit more cool weather, can never get too much in this mild, damp country.

Edited by simshady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Yes, it is looking increasingly likely that this March will end up being the sunniest since 2012, or perhaps even more so.

I can see this coming April being predominantly unsettled though, with just the odd settled day here and there. This will be a far cry from the previous two Aprils.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

spring has finally sprung here..not a single ice day in the next 14 

Screenshot 2022-03-21 130924.png

• Like 2