Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

What a difference a day makes, gone from warm sunshine/temps and a nice breeze to cold and wet, the temperature in the car was reading at 10c but as much as i detest this weather on the cusp of summer its only for a couple of days and at the moment its looking pretty good for the jubilee weekend and with this cold blip it'll feel like the tropics when the warm air comes back end of this coming week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
On 28/05/2022 at 09:25, Faronstream said:

Last 3 days we have only had t-max temperatures of 12-14c, and that's with around 800w/m2 in sunshine strenght is really miserable for the time of the year.I'm getting a feeling that we will have to wait to the 2nd half of june for the first 25c day of the year.

The fuck.png

Drrrr.png

In Scotland we will likely have to wait that long for our first 20c of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 28/05/2022 at 18:04, Row w said:

Turned out a beautiful sunny afternoon after the worrying start of heavy cloud build up after dawn, currently sat in the garden as I'm typing this enjoying a coffee and a bbq, sun is shining and a few fair weather clouds floating about with a gentle breeze and feeling warmer than expected. sorry I can't give the technical name of the clouds I'm still learning 

Cumulus I’m guessing? 

640px-GoldenMedows.jpg
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
12 hours ago, Weather-history said:

All in all, a tedious spring for me. I prefer springs with a great variety.

This time last year, the summer started up here.

I agree. This spring has been okay but it’s just been quite bland in that it’s just been continuously above average but without any hot or very warm days, or cold days either.

April normally swings from very warm to quite cold, you often get a few days of temps in the hi teens or lo twenties and a few days with night frost and single digit maxima, even a bit of snow sometimes. Not had that this year.

• Thanks 1

Posted

This spring has been better than 2021. Only May was slightly disappointing in terms of longer sunny clear spells, but we’ve still had a fair share of warm days and nice sunny evenings, also some thundery spells. Not a bad start. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Any ideas what kinda phenomena this is? There were 3 of these floating in the sky heading northwest. No noise either. Is it some kind of weird weather phenomenon or something else? Apologies for low quality pictures, they were very far away, especially the other 2 I couldn't snap. If anyone wants to have a look out themselves, I'd estimate they were heading towards romford/Brentwood area

20220529_195845_resized.jpg

20220529_195845.jpg

20220529_195848.jpg

Edited by SunSean
  • Like 1

Posted

Helium balloon from a party I'd imagine. Numbers often catch out folks, like number 1 for instance. If this was America, it would of course be irrefutable proof of interstellar travel by extra-terrestrial beings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
19 hours ago, SunSean said:

Any ideas what kinda phenomena this is? There were 3 of these floating in the sky heading northwest. No noise either. Is it some kind of weird weather phenomenon or something else? Apologies for low quality pictures, they were very far away, especially the other 2 I couldn't snap. If anyone wants to have a look out themselves, I'd estimate they were heading towards romford/Brentwood area

20220529_195845_resized.jpg

20220529_195845.jpg

20220529_195848.jpg

A buzzard?

Posted

One day of spring left, and we jump into summer. Overall a very good Spring I say, nothing untoward, consistently average or well above average temps bar the odd few days, notably dry as well, sunshine levels only disappointing aspect, after a very sunny March, it has become a bit of a cloud fest. Will summer give us a wetter than average season I wonder? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
50 minutes ago, Downburst said:

Helium balloon from a party I'd imagine. Numbers often catch out folks, like number 1 for instance. If this was America, it would of course be irrefutable proof of interstellar travel by extra-terrestrial beings. 

Yeah I think you could be right. I saw another one floating about an hour later and could see how it could be a numbered balloon. Here's what it looked like-20220529_212415_resized.thumb.jpg.2978ed818ccea2ad74d6a833ce9f8f27.jpg20220529_212415.thumb.jpg.c668e0a9c82f17bf0ac0bd4a45a45912.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Just 9.1c under the heavy rain pushing through Surrey / Sw London at the moment really very poor weather for end of May ..?!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
2 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Just 9.1c under the heavy rain pushing through Surrey / Sw London at the moment really very poor weather for end of May ..?!  

Been rubbish. May has only been bailed out by being on the mild side. Otherwise it’s been a cloud fest.

Joint warmest and 7th dullest….surely a combination only possible with climate change. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

My short but sweet summary of this year's spring:

March - Fairly seasonal with some cool days and chilly nights. Milder daytime temps from around the 8th onwards. Became sunny and warm at times from around the equinox to the 29th, thereon temperatures became closer to the seasonal average.

April - The month started off with some cool days and cold frosty nights, but temps were closer to average from around the 4th onwards. Quite a pleasant month overall with many days reaching the mid teens. High teens or low 20s around the Easter period.

May - This month delivered some much needed rainfall for many areas. Sunshine levels could be better, but there were some warm days around the middle of the month, with temps reaching the low to mid 20s - 27 Celsius in one or two spots. Temps were close to the seasonal average from the 23rd onwards. Though the closing days are looking to be a little below.

So overall, quite a pleasant spring. Not the most exciting from a meterological perspective and it hasn't been a particularly memorable one, but from a personal perspective it has been enjoyable enough with many useable days along with some rain for the gardens.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

It has been a good spring for outdoor activities, less good for gardening. Last thing I need when planting out squash and French beans is for it to struggle to get to 10C during the day at the end of May. At least it hasn't repeated the cloud and rain fest of last year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday turning into a mess on the models this morning, almost all the heat gone and just bits and pieces of cloud and drizzle and front pushes through much quicker. Can’t imagine it’ll change much from here. Also nothing showing any thundery breakdown whatsoever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
9 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Saturday turning into a mess on the models this morning, almost all the heat gone and just bits and pieces of cloud and drizzle and front pushes through much quicker. Can’t imagine it’ll change much from here. Also nothing showing any thundery breakdown whatsoever.

I agree, it’s lame…but shouldn’t this be in the summer moans thread