Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted

We're just about to pass 150 hours of sunshine this month. The 1991-2020 average for the whole of March is 123hrs.

Still on course to beat the sunniest March which was 201 hours in 2012.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

While the sun shines and i sit in the garden with a very, very nice glass of red wine, the weather gods best not give us a cold spring. Even me a coldie doesnt want that right now. Next winter is to chase the cold and snow!!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Is anyone else not even bothering reading the mod thread? I skim, see blue, and leave. I'm in denial it's getting colder. Staying like this it is! Plus it wouldn't even happen and will be watered down anyway so I'm no wasting my time!

• Like 8

Posted
On 21/03/2022 at 17:29, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Yes, it is looking increasingly likely that this March will end up being the sunniest since 2012, or perhaps even more so.

I can see this coming April being predominantly unsettled though, with just the odd settled day here and there. This will be a far cry from the previous two Aprils.

Here’s hoping it doesn’t become another 2012 summer. That would be depressing, after the shocker of last summer in the south. 

5 hours ago, Frostbite1980 said:

While the sun shines and i sit in the garden with a very, very nice glass of red wine, the weather gods best not give us a cold spring. Even me a coldie doesnt want that right now. Next winter is to chase the cold and snow!!

I hope we get a mild winter next year, as a cold one is going to be tough for many of us who struggle to heat our homes with the high cost of energy bills.

We can expect a Godzilla El Niño.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

thank god, looks like a lot of cold air becoming established next week,id almost lost interest,weather has been as boring as football.

Impressive diurnal range. Low was -2.2C at Hurn this morning, was already +17.1C at 11am. If the sea breeze holds of we could even sneak a 20C today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
17 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Impressive diurnal range. Low was -2.2C at Hurn this morning, was already +17.1C at 11am. If the sea breeze holds of we could even sneak a 20C today. 

18.8°C here at the moment. Warmest day of the year due to light winds. RH is extremely low too!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

In the mod thread some think the cold has been upgraded for next week and some think it's downgraded. They are viewing the same charts as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
21 hours ago, reef said:

We're just about to pass 150 hours of sunshine this month. The 1991-2020 average for the whole of March is 123hrs.

Still on course to beat the sunniest March which was 201 hours in 2012.

That month was followed by the wettest April - June on record. I hope this year doesn't follow suit, we've had enough misery over the last three years.

• Like 2

Posted
56 minutes ago, al78 said:

That month was followed by the wettest April - June on record. I hope this year doesn't follow suit, we've had enough misery over the last three years.

I keep thinking the same, and am trying to remind myself that a warm March doesn't predict anything, and we've got as much chance of decent weather in April through summer, with or without this March. Difficult to not remember that 2012 tho, it was horrific.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

I keep thinking the same, and am trying to remind myself that a warm March doesn't predict anything, and we've got as much chance of decent weather in April through summer, with or without this March. Difficult to not remember that 2012 tho, it was horrific.

2003 a case in point! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous spring weather here in Prague lately with warm, sunny days and chilly nights. Would like some rain at some point for the plants, but am enjoying this weather immensely. 

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Gorgeous spring weather here in Prague lately with warm, sunny days and chilly nights. Would like some rain at some point for the plants, but am enjoying this weather immensely. 

It's such a tonic, to have this lovely weather for the past week or so, and it wasn't so long ago, we were all freezing. A mild winter still produces cold days. 

I'm glad the darker days are behind us now until September. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Had a cracking spring day here yesterday temp reached 19c which is almost unheard of at this point of March in Edmonton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Had a cracking spring day here yesterday temp reached 19c which is almost unheard of at this point of March in Edmonton

That is impressive - couple of cm’s of snow in Canmore this morning 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
3 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

That is impressive - couple of cm’s of snow in Canmore this morning 

None here thankfully..even with temps often above 10c the last 8-10 days and 19c yesterday the snow on the ground stubbornly refuses to shift much..we are getting there but very slowly

Posted

Yesterday was the first whole day in march with a temperature above freezing  , quite remarkable for being a month with relatively mild 850hpa temperatures. 

March 2022.png.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summer days with calm seas to swim in, cold frosty snowy winters

I've really enjoyed being able to progress with my outdoor project this week as it's been warm ish and dry (max temp 13C min about 4-6C). When do you think we'll get the next dry spell ...say of at least 5 days in a row? 

Am vacationing in the Lake District from Easter for a week... any clue of weather trends? 

Cheers 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What a great couple of weeks it has been, one of the best early spring spells I can remember. Such a shame the next couple of weeks are looking awful.

• Like 6

Posted
25 minutes ago, Nick L said:

What a great couple of weeks it has been, one of the best early spring spells I can remember. Such a shame the next couple of weeks are looking awful.

I know, it's looking dire. I've really enjoyed the last couple of weeks of great weather and it's depressing to think that we're going to get an unpleasant cold plunge in a few days. Let's hope it doesn't hang around for long as it's going to cause problems for the wildlife.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 minutes ago, Buzz said:

I know, it's looking dire. I've really enjoyed the last couple of weeks of great weather and it's depressing to think that we're going to get an unpleasant cold plunge in a few days. Let's hope it doesn't hang around for long as it's going to cause problems for the wildlife.

Yeah I've seen so many bees out in the last week, been great.

Posted
11 hours ago, RabbitEars said:

I've really enjoyed being able to progress with my outdoor project this week as it's been warm ish and dry (max temp 13C min about 4-6C). When do you think we'll get the next dry spell ...say of at least 5 days in a row? 

Am vacationing in the Lake District from Easter for a week... any clue of weather trends? 

Cheers 

April most fickle month of the year, can bring a variety of everything. Some years it is very dry sunny and either chilly - such as last year, or very mild/warm think 2007, 2011 and 2020. It is the month most likely to bring northerlies and easterlies, which for the Lake District usually equates to very dry weather as we are sheltered from easterly and northerly winds. I always say April and May best months for fell walking in the Lake District, most likely to bring a long period of dry weather. Alas we are having such a spell now, and the outlook for first half of April is looking less settled, but if we maintain northerly blocking or a ridge to the west we could end up with a similiar month to 2021 which despite being notably cold, was mostly fine and dry resulting in great weather for walking,

1 hour ago, Nick L said:

On an equal footing with the excellent last 10 days of March 2012, 2020.

• Thanks 1