Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2022 Chat

Message added by Paul,

Want to have a moan about the weather? Please head over to the Spring / Summer weather moans thread

Posted

The start of this month is reminding me a lot of April 2006 which had a cold start- it didn't really warm up until the 2nd half and there were plenty of showers, some of them wintry.

Pattern matching doesn't really work for me. There have been cold springs followed by warm/hot summers and warm springs followed by warm/hot summers. 2003 stands out as an example of the latter, although it had a very underwhelming May.

To me there does seem to be a correlation between early hot spells and hot summers- many of the great summers seem to have notable hot spells between the middle of April and the middle of May. 2003, 2006, 2018 and 1995 all had these. I think 1976 did as well but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
og-image.png
WAREHAMWX.CO.UK

Weather for Wareham, Dorset, United Kingdom, detailed forecast including temperature, pressure wind, rain, humidity, sunshine, uv, air quality, precip radar and live weather updates

Check that beauty sliding past me..

Posted
5 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

Snowing. 

20220402_233756.thumb.jpg.8a599389570221d38a72c56d446ba002.jpg

Not bad at all for April. It certainly puts this year's feeble February to shame.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

The only snow I've seen in here at home this winter was in November and April! Funny old thing weather...

I don't mind having a cool and wet spell for April as the plants will need some moisture as we head through spring. If we want a lovely lush landscape later on, we need a bit of rain first.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
23 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

20220402_233756.thumb.jpg.8a599389570221d38a72c56d446ba002.jpg

Not bad at all for April. It certainly puts this year's feeble February to shame.

Had some snow in the Czech Republic, too. Been a very chilly few days for April  

1A2E955A-20A6-42BF-B8A9-9C4FB9F30A0F.jpeg

Posted
On 03/04/2022 at 22:27, mountain shadow said:

Not liking how the Easter fortnight is looking.

May be miserable, wet and cold.

I think if we endure a poor April this year, we might benefit from a better August. It’s going to happen sooner or later. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

It hasn't really been all that wet over here so far. The odd very light shower here and there. But that's about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
6 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I think if we endure a poor April this year, we might benefit from a better August. It’s going to happen sooner or later. 

Interesting thought. I know it’s against the rules to pattern match on here but the last poorish April was 2018 and August was goodish. April 2016 was poor overall and August was good overall. Likewise 2013...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Stark contrast north and south, snowing in northern Scotland while its sunny and 17c here.

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

Interesting thought. I know it’s against the rules to pattern match on here but the last poorish April was 2018 and August was goodish. April 2016 was poor overall and August was good overall. Likewise 2013...

Yeah, although the second half was cloudy and nothing special, August 2018 had a decent first half and was very sunny. April that year was quite cold, especially during the first half, and the warm weather didn't really arrive until the latter stages of the month. 

August 2013 in my opinion was a classic August, and felt like a proper summer month, also 2016. Summer weather in August was very welcome. 

Something similar to 2018, or even 1987, where it was cool and cloudy to begin with, but turned hot during the second half, with thunderstorms thrown in. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Looking forward to a warm up later next week.  Even just 16°C and sunny intervals would be miles better than this constant muck from the Atlantic

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather
On 05/04/2022 at 14:22, Freeze said:

Stark contrast north and south, snowing in northern Scotland while its sunny and 17c here.

Yep big difference, very wintery day here Tuesday, does look tad warmer up here as well next week..maybe

8084CFE5-C954-451C-8334-DE82F7088240.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Was unaware there was supposed to be a hurricane last night.

Loudest wind I’ve heard in a while at some god forsaken hour that woke me up and I thought our windows were going to come in. 

Any chance of actual spring on the horizon?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Was unaware there was supposed to be a hurricane last night.

Loudest wind I’ve heard in a while at some god forsaken hour that woke me up and I thought our windows were going to come in. 

Any chance of actual spring on the horizon?

And no named storm, often 'named' storms not as bad

hopefully Spring soon but watching early next week, Tuesday looks horrid for Staffs, timed for day as well, dry Mon night, wet all day Tues, then dry tues night

Posted

Yes wild windy night and it's still blowing a hooley now. Does the naming season stop at the end of March (never seems to have been one named after then since it started)?

Pressure of this system seems unusually low for April too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Awful! same if not slightly worse than the so called 'storm Eunice' on Feb 18th, certainly wetter

next horrid washout Tues April 12th, just want it dry now

• Like 1

Posted

Woke up to around 20cm of new snow today, it's the highest amount of snow for a single 24-hour period in april since at least 1960. At the moment in the afternoon the snow is still on the ground just melting slightly at the top.

Riiiiight.png

20220408_160231.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
19 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Fed up of this arctic air keep hanging around. It's  April 8th. Time to go. Had enough. See you in November!

Northerly airstreams most common in April and May I'm afraid!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
26 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Fed up of this arctic air keep hanging around. It's  April 8th. Time to go. Had enough. See you in November!

Southeasterly incoming...

• Like 1

Posted

Disgraceful when I walked up the road to the pub about 4.15 this afternoon.  Spitting with rain. Freezing cold. Must have been down to 5 or 6 degrees. Gusty wind. My feet have been like blocks of ice all day. There was a football match on yesterday. From Adelaide Australia where they are in the middle of autumn.  It was Friday night. People in the stadium in t shirts and shorts.  I do get annoyed by it all! 

• Like 1

Again Easter looks underwhelming on this mornings Ecm, lots of cloud and occasional showers and temps struggling. Gfs starts ok but goes downhill through Sunday and Monday.