Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted

I really can’t get over or believe what I am seeing from gfs this eve, 41 degrees widely on Tuesday, Wednesday is hotting up now too, feel sorry for people in London this is going to be unbearable for you, I live on the south coast today has been 25 so we get some escape 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

32C iin Wirral (South) today with hairdryer wind.. Right on what the GFS forecast

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Bang on forecast today, 40 looking more likely than not the next couple of days.

• Like 3

Posted

We reached 30.8C in the end, making it the 2nd warmest July day and joint 4th warmest day ever.

Its still 30.1C now at 17:30 too.

GFS went for 31C for today so it was spot on.

• Like 4

Posted

BBC went for 32c to 33c in central parts that didn t happen..

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Bang on what was forecast here, too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Climate Man said:

Finally got Covid. Terrible timing! Feel awful already.  Not looking forward to this.

Oh that really sucks mate. Stay safe and feel better.

Its horrible to feel under the weather at the best of times, but in this heat it’s going to be difficult.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy
2 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Oh that really sucks mate. Stay safe and feel better.

Its horrible to feel under the weather at the best of times, but in this heat it’s going to be difficult.

Thanks Sunny

Posted
15 minutes ago, Climate Man said:

Finally got Covid. Terrible timing! Feel awful already.  Not looking forward to this.

So sorry to hear this. Keep cool if you can with regular cool showers etc. and paracetamol.

1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Central parts of where? Hawarden was 32.2C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
21 minutes ago, Climate Man said:

Oh, yuck. Very unlucky timing. Get well soon - rest up, loads of liquids and vitamins D3 and C will speed your recovery up a fair bit 👍🏻

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mark Smithy said:

So sorry to hear this. Keep cool if you can with regular cool showers etc. and paracetamol.

Central parts of where? Hawarden was 32.2C.

I was going to say the forecast was pretty much bang on what was expected. Anyway from this point on the airmass goes from bein g a hot one to a really exceptional one. Pretty much all models now break the 24.8c 850hpa record from June 28th 2019 overnight on Monday, and 925mbs is even warmer again (something like 28-30c). Any high ground may well clip into that warmer zone as per the Met office video earlier.

I'm to the north of the Downs, so whilst not a serious lee zone it may make it a touch warmer than otherwise it would have been, depending on the exact wind direction.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Yes BBC overhyped temperatures especially for North Midlands. 30C here, yesterday the forecast was 33C, this morning it was 32C and finally later this morning when the app  realised we were going to be cloudy most of the day it settled on 31C, which was still too high. GFS was perfect once again though.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Wow it just started raining in Torquay, I was not expecting that! Looks quite potent on the radar. I think I'm going to pop out with the camera as the clouds on the webcam look awesome.

https://www.camsecure.co.uk/torquay_sea_view.html

Torquay.jpg

rainfall1.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

30C degrees forecast here got 29.6C would have been higher if weren't for the cloud. So pretty well spot on by accident. Normally a degree or so two low and catches up as the  days goes on. Early doors we were three degrees warmer than the predicted temperature at that time then cloud rolled in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Looking rather bog-standard for here now. A good run of warm temperatures, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Managed 31⁰c briefly here this afternoon, back down to 29⁰c now with high cloud making the sun hazy. GFS quite accurate with temperature forecast for here today.

After roasting in my flat last Monday with outside temperatures of 30⁰c and the windows open but curtains closed I changed tactics today. I opened all windows and my door between 6am and 10am then keeping my windows and curtains closed between 10am until 8pm. My flat does seem somewhat cooler as a result.

Tomorrow with the earlier onslaught of heat I think 5am until 8am for opening everything and then shutting it all up.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Ive been keep all my doors and windows open for the past 2 nights to cool everything down, and curtains and windows shut all day. 27c outside currently and 21c in the living room.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

• Like 1

Posted

Hawarden confirmed as hottest spot in the UK today at exactly 33.0c, making it the hottest day of the year...for about 18hrs.

I'd suggest temperatures probably over achieved just a touch overall, and it certainly has felt like a proper hot day today.

Which kinda makes me dread tomorrow now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Just now, kold weather said:

Hawarden confirmed as hottest spot in the UK today at exactly 33.0c, making it the hottest day of the year...for about 18hrs.

I'd suggest temperatures probably over achieved just a touch overall, and it certainly has felt like a proper hot day today.

Which kinda makes me dread tomorrow now!

It's incredible to think that it's going to be 10C warmer tomorrow. I'm sat out in the garden trying to cool down!

Posted

Managing OK today, no fans needed, but again, only 30C which has been recorded another two times previously this year. Tomorrow will be something else though. Today's peak being met at 11am tomorrow...

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
36 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Ive been keep all my doors and windows open for the past 2 nights to cool everything down, and curtains and windows shut all day. 27c outside currently and 21c in the living room.

I covered most of the windows in the rooms I use regularly with foil silver side out. Windows open early doors until the temperature outside reaches the same temperature inside  then I close the windows. Yesterday the house was mostly 22C apart from the room which had my pc and weather equipment which got to 23C. Today I erred slightly forgetting to close the backroom window until later which bumped temperatures up a degree or so. Then made another mistake off pulling the curtain back upstairs where my pc is after the sun moved round to the front of the house. The big window was covered in foil but I didn't covered the small window wanting some light hence opening the curtain. Mistake temperature zoomed up to 25C. Staying stubbornly warm despite the air con. Hopefully later tonight temperatures will drop lower enough to open the windows and let the heat out again.

Tomorrow and Tuesday the big test.

• Like 1