Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
47 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Not been on here for awhile, but I’d just like to say it’s been a decent summer here in NW England. Not as hot and dry as the south (thankfully), just pleasantly warm and dry generally, although there was two days of extreme heat in July and temps in the high 20’s for about a week in August.

Guess who’s going off on holiday to Scarborough tomorrow, the same day the weather turns unsettled...

Oh well, at least it’s going to be quite warm. Warm rain is better than cold rain.. Unlucky given the very dry summer. Usually August is unsettled and it dries up as soon as the schools go back, looks like it’s the opposite way round this year.

Decided to go in early September to beat the crowds and because the accommodation is cheaper, but looks like I’ve been a bit unlucky with the weather this year.

Enjoy the seafront, Northbay is much better than Southbay, away from all the tourist crap, the 'watermark' cafe used to do a good breakfast, if not 'oasis' is good for a bacon butty and a brew! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Crazy warm still here in Gravesend temps only just dropped below 20c at nearly 00.30! Nor far off the average September day temp! The map is realistic to me feels humid!

Screenshot_20220903-002402_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220902_235621.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
3 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Enjoy the seafront, Northbay is much better than Southbay, away from all the tourist crap, the 'watermark' cafe used to do a good breakfast, if not 'oasis' is good for a bacon butty and a brew! 

Loved Watermark, hopefully it’s still going. Who knows in these times 🤷🏼‍♀️ @East Lancs Rainlet us know what you find & have a good hol 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
10 hours ago, Kentspur said:

Crazy warm still here in Gravesend temps only just dropped below 20c at nearly 00.30! Nor far off the average September day temp! The map is realistic to me feels humid!

Screenshot_20220903-002402_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220902_235621.jpg

I woke up feeling very warm and sweaty today. According to my phone it’s 17C with 87% humidity.

12 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Thanks. I’ll check out the watermark cafe.

9 hours ago, RebsAbbo said:

Loved Watermark, hopefully it’s still going. Who knows in these times 🤷🏼‍♀️@East Lancs Rainlet us know what you find & have a good hol 👍🏼

Thanks, I will.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

One of thise days where my location is usually the warmest place car vs home thermometer almost identical

20220912_143636.jpg

20220912_142852.jpg

Just now, Kentspur said:

One of thise days where my location is usually the warmest place car vs home thermometer almost identical

20220912_143636.jpg

20220912_142852.jpg

Edit- identical!

20220912_143749.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

A look back at the summer and August of 2022, record temps, heat and drought and the wider impacts for UK and Europe.

drought-spain.jpeg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Summer 2022 was hot and dry and saw a new UK record temperature of 40.3C in Lincolnshire. Europe was also dry and warm, in August and the summer period, with wide climate impacts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Here in Lancashire, it wasn’t really an exceptional summer, apart from a couple of extremely hot days in July. It was a warm and dry summer for this part of the world, but nothing really exceptional here, just a pleasant summer.

Summer 2018 was hotter here, in both June and July, although this August has been warmer and drier than August 2018.

Unusually, August was the best summer month here. Usually it’s the worst. June was quite dry but also cool and cloudy at times. The last week of July was exceptionally dull here. So while being warmer and drier than average, it hasn’t been that sunny here. 

Similar to last summer, it was better than average, but apart from a couple of record breaking days, nothing exceptional here really.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Highest summer excess deaths in over 65's since 2004. 

skynews-breaking-news-breakingnews_58757
NEWS.SKY.COM

The number of excess deaths for people aged 65 and over recorded during the 2022 summer heatwave were the highest since 2004, latest figures show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, Paul said:

NEWS.SKY.COM

The number of excess deaths for people aged 65 and over recorded during the 2022 summer heatwave were the highest since 2004, latest figures show.

Just like with extreme cold (ie; December 2010), extreme hot weather when you aren't accustomed to it can certainly be dangerous, particularly for those who are vulnerable. This is why flippant comments such as "It's just summer" and "I survived 1976" grate on me.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Paul said:

NEWS.SKY.COM

I’m surprised about that, as summer 2018 was hotter, at least here anyway. It was probably during the two extremely hot days in July that most of the death occurred.

There will probably be a lot of excess deaths this winter too as people can’t afford to put the heating on. 😞

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
_127077514_index_mmax-nc-nc.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Half of the UK’s oldest weather stations set new records in the July heatwave.

• Like 2