Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
3 minutes ago, James1979 said:

It's transparent there wasn't humour in that post.  Anyway, enjoy your pants 😄

Yeah well it was humorous. I can't do anything about it  Any way wish all the best. I'm off. I live in the Black Country and i know what is dung and what is not. What i do know is the absolute crap i have received tonight. All i ever did was make comment tongue in cheek. It was always meant to be in humour. To be accused of trolling etc is just ansolute crap. Best off i bugger off. Leave you all to it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Will be interesting what the new overnight temperature will be tonight in the uk, I'm going to say 27c.  Luckily it's only going to be 19c here in Exeter overnight so not as warm was most of the rest of england and wales

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Right then. Now it's cooled off to a 'perfectly normal' (for after 9pm) 29C, I think I'll bugger off and get some sleep -- tomorrow might be an early start!💦

Please teach me the ways on how to sleep in this heat

• Like 3

Posted

Can't bear this heat tbh, too warm, but i'm glad its cooling down tomorrow with some welcome rain hopefully, as long as its nice on friday and saturday as I have to move boats for sea cadets on fri ready for the area sail comp sat in tata lake (near neath) but i enjoy it though. and get to sit on a rib all day sat providing safety cover, having said that it was lovely at the office today as work had rented some air conditioners so it felt really pleasant 

Edited by viking_smb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Liam Burge said:

Please teach me the ways on how to sleep in this heat

Cool/cold shower before bed, a decent fan with a big bowl of ice in front of it if necessary, sleep naked and definitely without a duvet. Obviously an air conditioning unit if funds allow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm genuinely going to be sleeping under my duvet. The indoor temperature is 27°C. It's much lower than this time last year, so it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all.

May just about scrape 30°C briefly tomorrow, before the cloud rolls in around midday and the wind direction changes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm genuinely going to be sleeping under my duvet. The indoor temperature is 27°C. It's much lower than this time last year, so it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all.

May just about scrape 30°C briefly tomorrow, before the cloud rolls in around midday and the wind direction changes.

You’ve got better heat tolerance than me, then 😊 Feels like Spain here, so I’ll have the fan on and without clothes lying on top of a sheet, just like I do there. 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
19 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Whist I don't mind short heat shots I couldn't live in a hot country where its too hot to do anything or sit out in it, what a waste.  I think our climate in the south could be perfect if we could get the sunshine totals up a notch on average....Places in the south east already nearly average 25c temps in summer and dry, a perfect English summers day, nothing like it! 

I'm the same, I love a nice typical British summers day, warm sunshine, we're it's nice to be out and about. We have a house near Cordoba in Spain, it is far too hot during the summer months, even to pick up a duster you break into a sweat. Too hot to sit out, too hot to be out and about, just sit indoors and watch tv or read, waste of time. He loves it I don't 🤔

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
23 minutes ago, Jan said:

When you are told to stay out of the midday heat ie between 11am until 3pm, I don't understand it as when in Spain the main heat builds up about 5pm and its always the hottest part of the day

It's not just the ambient temperature but the combination of that and when the sun is at its strongest. 12-3pm will feel much hotter and affect you more than at 3-6pm. 

Posted
24 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Whist I don't mind short heat shots I couldn't live in a hot country where its too hot to do anything or sit out in it, what a waste.  I think our climate in the south could be perfect if we could get the sunshine totals up a notch on average....Places in the south east already nearly average 25c temps in summer and dry, a perfect English summers day, nothing like it! 

Agree! Add another 1000 or so hours to annual sunshine totals in the SE and it’d be quite a nice climate. 25°C is lovely

• Like 2

Posted

Here in the Vale of York, our garden high was 35.1C but it's already dropped to 25.0C and does not feel anything like as bad as I was expecting. On the current course of dropping nearly 2C per hour, tonight could well end up cooler than last night's 19.7C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Locally we topped out at 36c, so a full 1c lower than we managed in 1990. Just shows how impressive that heatwave was…

Posted

You should all come down to Cornwall it's a lovely evening here, not too hot to sleep either! 

Absolutely surreal that it'll be 20~°c down here tomorrow and possibly 20°c hotter back at home.

• Like 1

Posted

Just watched the video on YT so UK showed 36c for here and 35c for tomorrow...41 to 42c in east and NE good luck with those extreme temps...

Dropped to 22c now here cooled alot...Still see a 34c on XC...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
9 minutes ago, Aleman said:

Here in the Vale of York, our garden high was 35.1C but it's already dropped to 25.0C and does not feel anything like as bad as I was expecting. On the current course of dropping nearly 2C per hour, tonight could well end up cooler than last night's 19.7C.

Agreed, here on the Wolds (East side) we are currently 22.5c, house now down to 21c in most rooms, not quite as bad/hot i was expecting tbh

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really hope the cloud can hold off tomorrow. Would really shave the rating of this heatwave if it scuppers a potential record. May be a while until we have such an opportunity again...

• Like 3

Posted

Temperature plummeting here. Down to 20.8C already so over 14C drop in 5 hours.

• Like 2

Posted

Here's a station on the wow network at Riccal. That's half way between York and Selby. 28.0C at 20:19pm but dropped quickly to 21.1C at 22:01pm. 

WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The UK Met Office Weather Observation Website (WOW). WOW allows anyone to submit their own weather data, anywhere in the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Temperature dropping far quicker than I thought it would down to 21.7 already expected that to be the minimum 

• Like 3

Posted

Given the effects of a warming climate.. I'm increasingly impressed with the 35.6 degrees recorded as late as 2 September way back in 1906 as far as Bawtry and Epsom.

It's not the synoptics that are exceptional now it seems to be the intense heat source. Mind I wonder if the synoptics that occurred then happened now some 6 weeks earlier would 37-38 degrees been recorded. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

And i didn't seal my cottage up like we were having a nuclear fallout! west and east facing windows open all day, blinds at 50%, south facing gable end windows n blinds shut all day! Lounge temp was 21c when i went out at 9am and 23c when i got back at 3.30pm despite not far from here in East yorkshire breaking local temp records!

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The temperatures are going to be a bit all over the place in some parts tonight. There is very warm air above the surface which in certainly circumstances will be pulled down to low levels, as such keeping these areas warm all night, or potentially resulting in the temperatures spiking upwards without any solar interaction.

Given the air is dry, areas that are generally low lying could end up with a surprisingly cool night (Parts of rural East Anglia for instance) - Though we are still probably talking 17/18C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
16 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Agreed, here on the Wolds (East side) we are currently 22.5c, house now down to 21c in most rooms, not quite as bad/hot i was expecting tbh

You’ve just written exactly what I was about to say to @Aleman!!!

A lot fresher than expecting, had windows & doors open for 10 mins to get some air in the house, but of course you have to be prepared for visitors…(ignore the magazine he/she/they are standing on!)

211A9A35-9073-45C4-BBCC-C61096A9D5F9.thumb.jpeg.bcb3a6fc707edfc0e3e3e9741579ea27.jpeg

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 2

Posted

Reached 30.7C here which did just about break my stations record (2008-2022). 

Temp reached at least 35.5C in Bude (hourly obs), which was impressive, breaking the Cornish record by nearly 2C. 34.8C was the max at Chivenor so maybe Devon's record of 35.4C from 1990 still stands (although I don't think that station exists now).

Exeter Airport only recorded 30.1C, so it didn't beat June this year, or July last year there. Exeter must also be about the only area of the country (maybe some other near south coast locations), where the record from 1976 hasn't been beaten since.

• Like 1