Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

What about Lerwick? the place of no summers, even last few days just been 15 degrees or so

True, a place of perpetual autumn lol

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

What about Lerwick? the place of no summers, even last few days just been 15 degrees or so

Bliss compared to the furnace heat on mainland Britain!! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im so happy its cloudy, breezy and down to 20C, feels lovely and cool now

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
3 minutes ago, Snow-mad-dave said:

I need some relief 🥵

Screenshot_20220719-231028.png

Wrong website!!! 👍😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes.

A much better nights sleep last night, a few beers in the 19th after golf helped😊 Have woken up to a cloudy much cooler more comfortable morning here.

As much as I do love much of what summer offers, I'm almost already looking forward to the shortening days and coolness of Autumn and the excitement, often misplaced, of what winter might offer.

Have a good, cooler day all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Desperate for rain.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There was a brief hail shower and when it fell it sounded loud.  A brief rumble of thunder. It happened approximately 9pm.  At first I thought it was Simba 🐈 scratching on his scratch tower but to my surprise I saw hail and rain.  I hope we will be getting more rain and that it will last much longer than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Posted

The charts thread is already getting excited about a return to high 20s and low 30s at the weekend and in to next week for the South/South East. 

Despite what the pros on TV are saying, the charts that predicted this latest spell of heat long before they started talking about on TV are suggesting the heat isnt going away for long (though nothing as extreme as the last few days, just an above average summer). 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Morning @TomSE12 and everyone.

Well we made it. I hope everyone is ok. Much fresher today (atm) but very humid. I am shattered.

Hopefully there won't be any more 40c+ in the forecast, but 25+ is still very warm  (be it more normal temperatures)

If you are still suffering i hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 7

Posted

Well it's 21c here today after being advertised to be 25c and sunny. So i'm not a happy bird. Too chilly for me. So now I am out of the heat thread again! I need another 4c adding to the temp to be warmer. Although after a 15c drop over night which is huge i'm not surprised i'm chilly ... It's been "fun" all ... Signing out ... Love to all xx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
4 hours ago, Dami said:

Morning @TomSE12 and everyone.

Well we made it. I hope everyone is ok. Much fresher today (atm) but very humid. I am shattered.

Hopefully there won't be any more 40c+ in the forecast, but 25+ is still very warm  (be it more normal temperatures)

If you are still suffering i hope you feel better soon. 

Much thanks, President.

What we've lost in degrees C, we seemed to have gained a bit in humidity, now. Our local Recording Station of London City Airport, currently showed an air temp of 26c, Dew Point of 14c, and Relative Humidity of 48%.:

image.thumb.png.42540d22851da88cbf54f4761fa72f98.png

That really dry , super heated air we've had for the last 2 Days, was recording Dew Points in single figures.

You saw me warn Matt Taylor, which also is the case for those other prospective recipients of Damehoods, Knighthoods, and O.N.H.H.'s, no more silly numbers, because what can be given in one hand, can swiftly be taken away, in the other.

Regards,

Tom. 👍

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
9 hours ago, Paul_1978 said:

Perfect conditions this morning. Why does anyone need it hotter? 

The last two days have been absolutely ridiculous. The weather is not useable, everyone in the family has been grumpy. 

Thankfully it's all over now, and we've got more normal and useable summer weather.

I can see why people would want bright clear blue skies - because most people aren't like me and sensitive enough to bright light that they wear tinted glasses indoors - but I cannot comprehend the idea of being actively adapted to temperatures well past 30C.

I'm sure the bafflement is mutual, especially for those of us who are genuinely cold lovers as well as heat haters! (I'm not truly a cold lover, but I am a ways-of-dealing-with-cold lover. Was delightful to be able to sleep under my weighted blanket last night!)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

Finally able to sit outside and not sweat!  Glory glory be!  And even after the huge temp drop since yesterday it's still pleasant enough outside, glimmers of sun poking through and a pleasant breeze.

All we need now is some rain.

• Like 1

Posted

21C with sunny intervals and a light breeze, this is great 😁. You can actually get stuff done without feeling fatigued all the time. Those nonsensical temperatures endured yesterday should never be present in this country. Might consider moving to Scotland or N Ireland to avoid the worst in the coming years.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Survived it now try to get the heat out of the house. Most people are still very tired and grumpy. Still a very warm day though.which is why my house is still very hot when I got home just under 29C upstairs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
6 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Well it's 21c here today after being advertised to be 25c and sunny. So i'm not a happy bird. Too chilly for me. So now I am out of the heat thread again! I need another 4c adding to the temp to be warmer. Although after a 15c drop over night which is huge i'm not surprised i'm chilly ... It's been "fun" all ... Signing out ... Love to all xx

Evening all,

Hope all my Colleagues in the H.H.P. are well. and enjoying the cooler conditions, although it is still quite uncomfortable, here in S.E. London.

Had a far more pleasant Afternoon nap, than I did Yesterday, when I thought I was going to pass out when I woke up.

Due to the high humidity, I still needed Fabrizio, Petunia and Baby Tulip, on but as opposed to Yesterday, they were blowing out cool air.

Cobra Colette has dispensed with our Duvet, and just left the Duvet Cover on our Bed. It felt so cool when I woke up, that I had to pull it over me. That felt so nice, after the previous 48 hours.

What's this *S-B*, you want to cross the floor of the Netweather House, to join that other lot, in the H.L.P. [Heat Lovers Party] 

I've been in consultation with President Dami, who was very dismayed to hear of you plans, and we both feel you've been nobbled with an outrageous promise of a constant 25c temperature, during the Months of Summer. Our President is very reluctant to accept your resignation and has me asked to inform you, that we will guarantee two feet of Snow on Christmas Day, in your fair Town of Winchester. We could understand it if your reason for resigning, was to spend more time in the paddling pool during the Summer with your Family but this just smacks of dirty tricks!!

Came downstairs to the drastic news that the Conservative Party had taken a "hit" out on one of it's leadership Candidates.

The headline on Sky News read: - "Penny Mordaunt has been eliminated". Bit strong isn't it?

Right, that's enough Politics from Yours Truly but please reconsider your position in the H.H.P., *S-B*.

We don't want to be losing seats, to the H.L.P, now do we?

Regards, 

Tom [Right Horrible Member for S.E. London, for the H.H.P.] 👍 😓

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Will be nice and warm for you again come the weekend! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening all,

Hope all my Colleagues in the H.H.P. are well. and enjoying the cooler conditions, although it is still quite uncomfortable, here in S.E. London.

Had a far more pleasant Afternoon nap, than I did Yesterday, when I thought I was going to pass out when I woke up.

Due to the high humidity, I still needed Fabrizio, Petunia and Baby Tulip, on but as opposed to Yesterday, they were blowing out cool air.

Cobra Colette has dispensed with our Duvet, and just left the Duvet Cover on our Bed. It felt so cool when I woke up, that I had to pull it over me. That felt so nice, after the previous 48 hours.

What's this *S-B*, you want to cross the floor of the Netweather House, to join that other lot, in the H.L.P. [Heat Lovers Party] 

I've been in consultation with President Dami, who was very dismayed to hear of you plans, and we both feel you've been nobbled with an outrageous promise of a constant 25c temperature, during the Months of Summer. Our President is very reluctant to accept your resignation and has me asked to inform you, that we will guarantee two feet of Snow on Christmas Day, in your fair Town of Winchester. We could understand it if your reason for resigning, was to spend more time in the paddling pool during the Summer with your Family but this just smacks of dirty tricks!!

Came downstairs to the drastic news that the Conservative Party had taken a "hit" out on one of it's leadership Candidates.

The headline on Sky News read: - "Penny Mordaunt has been eliminated". Bit strong isn't it?

Right, that's enough Politics from Yours Truly but please reconsider your position in the H.H.P., *S-B*.

We don't want to be losing seats, to the H.L.P, now do we?

Regards, 

Tom [Right Horrible Member for S.E. London, for the H.H.P.] 👍 😓

2 foot of snow LOL!! I'ld take eet!

• Like 2

Posted

The temperature outside today has been sheer bliss! Unfortunately it has taken till this evening for that lovely NW breeze to pick up enough to cool down the interior of my flat- was despairing this morning when waking up still in pools of sweat and a horrible migraine.

On the plus side, my workshop was no where near as hot as I'd feared, when I went in today, and opening windows helped cool it down some more. I suppose the plus side of an uninsulated old building that easily heats up, is that it also looses heat quickly too. Great in the summer, a little more problematic in the winter!

Anyway, glad to be having my duvet back tonight!

• Like 3