Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Temperature Record Monitor Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
33 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Agreed, this is an update from the Beeb for 18:00

2A9FE475-E811-48A9-B2A4-EA73B49C5BE4.thumb.jpeg.2cd11ab5b23d51e4b6af10f3eb63e9c0.jpeg

lol its only 36 in Brum . fools !

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Going to be fascinating to see how many stations break their all time heat records today and tomorrow. Going to be alot clearly.

I think this might be one of those spells that's more notable further north. We already beat ours by 1.3C (and July one by 3.6C!) and tomorrow shows 40C+ in eastern areas north of London right up to Middlesbrough.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Posted
Just now, reef said:

I think this might be one of those spells that's more notable further north. We already beat ours by 1.3C (and July one by 3.6C!) and tomorrow shows 40C+ in eastern areas north of London right up to Middlesbrough.

Yeah I think your right, the SE has had a few of these real monster hot shots in recent years, so there is a greater chance of local records holding as they have a higher point to break.

But for the north, yeah it looks pretty much like records are going to be smashed by a similar level to what the Canada heat dome did last year.

FWIW we did end up beating our own record here, but as suggested it was a much tighter affair, just 0.3c up on the previous record. Tomorrow locally looks to be about the same providing the cold front isn't too progressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny, extremes either side (hot and cold), Thunder Storms

My weather station hit a high of 30.2c today which was is what the met office forecast as the high.

spacer.png

I hope it will be a bit warmer tomorrow as i love the hot weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist
32 minutes ago, SunnyPlease said:

I live in Haverhill. My outdoor thermometer (not the most accurate granted) touched 38.2c just now 

PXL_20220718_150241238.thumb.jpg.8a06c28d5271b9b1e0d1450adfe02a0e.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

I'll give the Met Office the benefit of the doubt and assume they are busy validating a record breaking temperature, which is why they've failed to communicate to the public what the maximum temperatures have been since 3pm.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not as high as elsewhere obviously but just reached 32.1°C which is a new record for me. It rarely reaches 30°C here let alone 32°C.   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

37⁰c here now. So still going up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
10 minutes ago, reef said:

I’ve be thinking that for days . 33’s and 34’s widespread up here . Think 40 is possible tomorrow around the Teeside area. 
Amazed no red warning still from the Met 

• Like 1

Posted

So far today the highest temperature that I could find reported was 38.1c in Cambridge, so at the very least we can be sure that today has marked the fourth occasion that temperatures have exceeded 100*F somewhere in the UK.  As of 4pm we are 0.6c short of the UK's all time record.  As 850s are still rising I believe that there is still a chance of temperatures rising, but it looks touch and go now as if today will beat the 38.7*C set in Cambridge Botanic Gardens on July 25th 2019.

Another record that we probably more likely to beat today is the all time highest maximum daily CET on record, as 35*C+ has been widespread across a large part of England today.  The highest ever daily CET maximum that I could find in the records was 34.1 on the legacy CET version on 25/7/2019, or 34.2 in the new revised CET version on the same date.  It looks almost 100% certain that we will beat this record today and may even have a chance of the first ever 35*C CET maximum day.

Another CET record up for grabs tonight is the warmest ever CET daily minimum on record.  The highest daily CET minimum that I could find in the records was 19.4 on 20/7/2016 in the legacy version, or 19.5 in the new revised version on the same date.  I believe that tonight we have the chance of recording the first ever 20*C+ daily CET minimum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Still hovering at 35.4c here.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

I'll give the Met Office the benefit of the doubt and assume they are busy validating a record breaking temperature, which is why they've failed to communicate to the public what the maximum temperatures have been since 3pm.

Regardless, I see no reason for them not to have tweeted out hourly temperatures, yet they've only done so at 10am, 12pm and 3pm so far. Given they don't make all the temperature data freely and easily available on their website, this is pretty poor on one of the most important days in history for UK weather.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
2 minutes ago, h2005__uk__ said:

Regardless, I see no reason for them not to have tweeted out hourly temperatures, yet they've only done so at 10am, 12pm and 3pm so far. Given they don't make all the temperature data freely and easily available on their website, this is pretty poor on one of the most important days in history for UK weather.

Does feel like exactly the sort of thing a public service organisation - which UKMO is - ought to be doing!

And I don't think they'd be just being quiet about having a potential record TBC. They tweeted out the provisional Welsh record specifically saying it was provisional, and the 2019 record was also announced provisionally and then later as official. So I think if they had an unofficial 38.8+ they would be saying so... but we don't know that because of the infrequency of updates generally!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Hovering around 36.5 here. Pretty sure that's a new record here locally.

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

just saw this posted on a discord server i'm in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Meaningless.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
5 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

"Unofficial record?" 🤔😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
Just now, Nick L said:

"Unofficial record?" 🤔😂

yes, might as well place the weather station in the sun all day and then say it's a new record 😉

• Like 3