Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Temperature Record Monitor Thread

Posted

Unless an automated station confirms a higher temperature the current peak appears to be 38.1c.

This places today (at the moment!) as the 3rd hottest day ever recorded behind 10th August 2003 and 25th July 2019. I suspect by the end of tomorrow it will have slipped down to 4th place.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

32c outside here..a 'bit' more pleasant with sun dropping now and I'm sat outside for the first time today with a cold beer in the shade. 24c inside and I've opened the east facing curtains to let some light in but no windows until/if temps outside drop below inside temp. 

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Garden temp was 100f , weather station was over reading a bit. 

PXL_20220718_154919290.thumb.jpg.23a9f2720b1f96b0920e3a5276e32af9.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Norfolk broke its previous maximum with 37.1C at Marham.

https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1549098364121260032

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
37 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Norfolk broke it's previous maximum with 37.1C at Marham.

https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1549098364121260032

That kind of shows me up 🤪, it turns out our record high was beaten today. A high of 37.3c at Wittering. Considering the cloud cover this afternoon, we were actually too far from the highest temperature.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

A record from my region (today's max temps across Scotland were only modelled 29s and an odd 30C at best so its outperforming thus far) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

I think we will loose the Brighton 1990 record tonight. 

London City at 28 °c and wind calm.  Low of 26°c forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

With the GFS and Arpege through. No real change for tomorrow.

I think 41c will be the high tomorrow, the places likely to have this will effectively run from around St Neots up the A1 to around the Leeds area with leeway east and west of about 20 miles. So this includes the likes of Cambridge, Lincoln, even the likes of Leicester and Nottingham. Areas north and south of the two end points could reach 40c (North London, North Yorkshire). But I suspect the highest temperatures will be along the A1 through the Midlands into South Yorkshire.

• Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

With the GFS and Arpege through. No real change for tomorrow.

I think 41c will be the high tomorrow, the places likely to have this will effectively run from around St Neots up the A1 to around the Leeds area with leeway east and west of about 20 miles. So this includes the likes of Cambridge, Lincoln, even the likes of Leicester and Nottingham. Areas north and south of the two end points could reach 40c (North London, North Yorkshire). But I suspect the highest temperatures will be along the A1 through the Midlands into South Yorkshire.

A good test would be to drive along the A1 between 2 and 4pm tomorrow and see if temp stays on a sustained 40 degrees!

Posted

Based on what I could find so far, Kenley just on the border of London has reached a low of 26.7c so far before increasing in temperature again. It's still early in the morning so chance for it to go back down again but that would almost beat the record by 3c 😟

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Record is going to bed tomorrow. Lincolnshire or N Cambs looks the prime candidate to get the crown for the all time UK record. South Yorkshire even a possible contender, who would’ve ever believed that! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Looks like Guernsey hasn’t dropped below 27.5 and temps will likely start to increase very soon 

Posted

This is the big day (potentially), here are the model predictions for this afternoon;

GFS
image.thumb.png.e34aba62721138b0c1671dfb497772da.png

41C still on this model

Arpege

image.thumb.png.d7ed4f2182bd63f0539a228747b89518.png

Apologies for the French view, but this one always comes out first. Still going for 40C across a number of locations.

UKV

image.thumb.png.6fbb43ea7f51cce41110c38b02fe51f7.png

42C possible, though this might be a little too high.

Arome is down to 39C, ICON 40C.

So an almost certainty we will be the all time record, a very good chance of surpassing 40.0C too. 

Posted

Looks like Leeds Bradford may be the new record for highest minimum, at 26.6c. Kenley initially had 26.7c before dropping further again.

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Relevés horaires des observations météo de Leeds Bradford ( United Kingdom ) . Températures, pression, précipitations, vent en temps réel

• Like 1

Posted

Think we'll definitely make 40 here in North Northamptonshire. Not sure where nearest official measures are taken. Probably miles away in Wittering. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

We didn't go below 23C last night which might be a new night-time high here, 24.4c now, if it wasn't for the cold front coming through this afternoon the I think it would have made high 30s here today, probably record breaking however still expecting 30C before if goes through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

We dropped quite quickly to a very pleasant 15.9, no problems sleeping. Having a water surrounding probably helps. 

Screenshot_20220719-064603_Chrome.jpg

Edited by matty40s