Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Temperature Record Monitor Thread

Posted

The highest T from a Davis fan aspirated station that I can find right now from the WeatherLink Network is 38.4C at a location called Hollow Farm just outside Cambridge.

Edited by Athens Heat

Posted

So as of yet we have not beaten the record today but Wales has a new record. Hopefully England and Scotland will have new ones tomorrow 🤞🏼

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Looks like we have just hit 37c here. Cant believe its still going up this late. Definitely a sign that the even hotter uppers are coming in.

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Whilst still very hot and the second highest recorded temperature. I can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed by how today as panned out. Wittering’s reading of 36.1c is the highest so far and capped by mid level cloud that has developed during the middle of the afternoon .

Not the best of luck in this part of Cambridgeshire, the highest reading from 2019 also was lower due to mid level cloud and an afternoon thunderstorm.  

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Whilst still very hot and the second highest recorded temperature. I can’t help but feel a little underwhelmed by how today as panned out. Wittering’s reading of 36.1c is the highest so far and capped by mid level cloud that has developed during the middle of the afternoon .

Not the best of luck in this part of Cambridgeshire, the highest reading from 2019 also was lower due to mid level cloud and an afternoon thunderstorm.  

Yeah was expecting another 1C across the board, looks like the 38.1C at Santon Downham stands as the maximum temperature.

Posted

looking at the unofficial temps map two areas that could do with an official met station are Ely and Biggleswade, other than that though the hottest area is fairly well covered luckily 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Santon Downham hit 38.1C.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Given the amount of ground warming we've had and the fierce uppers, yes, I'm a little surprised it didn't go a tad higher. Doesn't matter though because tomorrow is going to be a straight oven with many places starting the day 10c hotter. Wouldn't even rule out 41c or higher tomorrow.

This is just the 'warm up'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Santon Downham hit 38.1C.

Yep, even locations such as Huntingdon (Will need to check the Monks Wood site later) probably got close to 38c today. I could literally see the mid level cloud over this part of the world driving home from work and the convection was deep enough to develop showers (The rain didn’t reach the ground mind you).

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, SunnyPlease said:

Given the amount of ground warming we've had and the fierce uppers, yes, I'm a little surprised it didn't go a tad higher. Doesn't matter though because tomorrow is going to be a straight oven with many places starting the day 10c hotter. Wouldn't even rule out 41c or higher tomorrow.

This is just the 'warm up'.

The atmosphere was basically about the same level as the July 2019 hot shot this afternoon over E/C England, though its starting to go a level beyond over England now and into the night time hours.

So I always suspected something in the ballpark of those temps. Its a touch under but its quite possible an automated weather station went higher than 38.1c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Yep, even locations such as Huntingdon (Will need to check the Monks Wood site later) probably got close to 38c today. I could literally see the mid level cloud over this part of the world driving home from work and the convection was deep enough to develop showers (The rain didn’t reach the ground mind you).

Norfolk seems to have fallen 0.2C short of it's highest-ever temperature by day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

A round up for Monday, part1 

brighton-beach.jpeg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

A hot day for much of the UK with Wales seeing its temperature record, provisionally, smashed. Jersey also having its hottest day on record. An uncomfortable night to come and then hotter on Tuesday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Managed my target today 😁

20220718_175150.jpg

Edit: Not sure why timer is showing 2:51 it was actually 18:00. Just hit it for about 10 mins and then dropped back to 35.9C

Edited by Mizzle
Update info

Posted

The uppers are still increasing and despite that most places peaked at 4pm even those without any cloud.

Shows that intensity of the sun is more important than the uppers.

Something to take onboard for tomorrow.

Uppers 3-4 degrees higher tomorrow, 40c probably will be broken but not massively.

I expect by midday we will beat the all time record and people will be saying we got another 6 hours of heating to go and will easily go over 41. When the reality is the peak will be between 2pm-4pm.

Posted

I'm querying my sensor.. usually accurate,, highest temp is a current 26.4 degrees which seems very low compared to most.. Keswick is currently 29 degrees. Either way we haven't recorded our record which I think is about 32 degrees. We may do tomorrow or come close, much depends on the speed of the cold front and associated high cloud in advance. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
39 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

yes, might as well place the weather station in the sun all day and then say it's a new record 😉

Now don’t be silly.....World Record 🤣

• Like 1

Posted

Far Eastern areas tommorow will likely be the places to watch for 41 plus like Essex Suffolk Norfolk as the uppers will remain the highest for longest. Speaking of this are the uppers moving in faster or slower than normal? 

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

I wonder if a degree or so might have been shaved of the achievable  temoeratures due to the large areas of cloud that affected some notable hot spots such as Heathrow?

Had an hours worth of cloud that put the sun away between 1pm and 2pm here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

Now don’t be silly.....World Record 🤣

have be covered in melted plastic for that 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
5 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

have be covered in melted plastic for that 😂

Blue Peter in the back ground.....He should of stated “ I made this one earlier” 

I'm showing my age now 🥴🤣

• Like 3

Posted

I suppose attention now turns to the overnight min record.

Looking at UKV some parts of North Wales won't drop below 28c.

England 26/27c near Manchester.

48 minutes ago, pages said:

The uppers are still increasing and despite that most places peaked at 4pm even those without any cloud.

Shows that intensity of the sun is more important than the uppers.

Something to take onboard for tomorrow.

Uppers 3-4 degrees higher tomorrow, 40c probably will be broken but not massively.

I expect by midday we will beat the all time record and people will be saying we got another 6 hours of heating to go and will easily go over 41. When the reality is the peak will be between 2pm-4pm.

We peak after 5pm today. After 6pm yesterday.