Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
11 minutes ago, Rufus Butterfield said:

Can see storm that’s about to affect Sheffield in the distance but its trajectory is looking like its going to miss me slightly 

6EFCD091-6710-44EB-B484-F00754BB4A0C.jpeg

Actually you might be right, its going to be down the left of donny.  Can see lightning from where i am, just no thunder 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Had some pretty heavy rumbling around 3:45pm looking out the window couldn't seem to spot any lightning although the sky was looking very primed to my west and east, constantly darting from one side of the house to the other trying to track it. Just looking on the radar now it seems there's a right cluster over us although they look to be decaying but the sky to my east is looking like it's telling a different story 

• Like 1

Posted

Frequent rumbles here, agonisingly close to the thunderstorm, cloud boundary directly above me, 2 miles west and would be in it.

Nice little storm underway here. Lightning once or twice a minute I'd say. Quite rain wrapped now but the odd bolt. Was better to view when it was over Chezzie, saw plenty of juicy CGs then.

20220907_164256.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, all I can say is that, given last summer had some 27 FAILED thunderstorm warnings, and this year has so far been even worse: What 's the point -- it's easier to look at the sky and assess the cloud-types? If the sky looks like it's good for nothing, it usually is!🤔

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Tikka_69 said:

Actually you might be right, its going to be down the left of donny.  Can see lightning from where i am, just no thunder 

I'm in the office just off the a1 looks very dramatic out the window, looks inbound for here I'd agree.

Posted

This must be the first intensive storm I've seen where I was really close enough to see the lightning, thunder and see the squall line in the distance of torrential rain, but see it pass across from West to North, where the most I had overhead was a light trickle of rain, but to see the "foggy green" look of absolute intense downpour in the distance!

Also, what's going on in Birmingham? There seems to be a Thunderstorm Factory that's propped up this afternoon pumping out the storms!! 😅

Edited by Ruck Bodgers
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

just saw my first CG and then a fork from the cells to the N of 👍

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

just saw my first CG and then a fork from the cells to the N of 👍

I saw one too, maybe the same one? Almost looked like it hit a tower block from my viewpoint.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ruck Bodgers said:

This must be the first intensive storm I've seen where I was really close enough to see the lightning, thunder and see the squall line in the distance of torrential rain, but see it pass across from West to North, where the most I had overhead was a light trickle of rain, but to see the "foggy green" look of absolute intense downpour in the distance!

Also, what's going on in Birmingham? There seems to be a Thunderstorm Factory that's propped up this afternoon pumping out the storms!! 😅

exactly the same scenario as you in Congleton....could see the shelf cloud, the greenish tinge underneath with a few distant flashes and rumbles....didn't get that close unfortunately but was a beautiful thing to look at....

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

I always find you 'Inlanders' lucky as you always seem to get surface based daytime storms, where structure is visible and you don't need to wait until the middle of the night to witness a storm. Wish we had more of those on the coast! 

Since July 2021, the large majority of thundery activity that I have experienced has been during night time hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus
7 minutes ago, Hirudine said:

maybe the same one?

I believe it may have been, just out of shot on Brumcams stream but will check at the end

• Like 1

Posted

Just been told that the post office next to Victoria Square in the city centre has had to close due to flooding (not the post office I went to, by the way!).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ❄️ / Thunderstorms ⛈

Here where I live in Doncaster 

E5F72969-3888-4E67-8DF9-21E03A191B88.thumb.jpeg.276fda1148b20b289fa26beb1abbe434.jpeg

943E26A2-A77B-40E0-9A60-9FA7FA3454FF.thumb.jpeg.4401bc94a8b72f9e665c07e85a6c45fa.jpeg

FD8AA139-7301-4A4E-852E-0C1D99EFE179.thumb.jpeg.cdf9f490ac3dcbc8e4eb12ff65c66eb0.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Rush2112 said:

Lovely, beautiful shelf cloud out west of Macclesfield at the moment.

20220907_171213.jpg

yep could see it from Congleton too to the west....unfortunately skimmed us rather than direct hit but beautiful structure to it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, anything interesting

Nice little thundery shower just came over east Doncaster. Think I caught a bolt at some point on my camera.