1990-91: 126

1995-96: 135

1984-85: 140

1976-77: 141

1981-82: 149

1985-86: 159

2009-10: 197

1978-79: 262

Mid table which is very respectable, I suspect due to the depth of cold we have had at times, number of cold night, the 7-17th Dec being the main influence. However, snowfall wise at least here it has been very poor, up there with the most snowless of winters. Some places have been very lucky, those that saw snow around the 10th that stuck around for a week, and also on 16th Jan that stuck until the 22nd. We have had 2 mornings with a cm/2 cm cover and that's it. Better than last year didn't have any!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jacob Gamer said:

Off topic question: what tourist destinations (excluding ski resorts in the middle of nowhere) in Canada or Alaska gets lots of snow in October?

Not even ski resorts open up in October. One of the earliest to open is sunshine village in Alberta, but that’s early nov. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
11 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Was never going to happen, just hype.

Who wants wet snow in March anyway.

Bring on the daffodils and high teens.

The most sensible comment I’ve read in weeks…

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
19 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

There were no wheels to begin with it was a 50/50 shot in FI after a mild Jan / Feb.

It's now a 10% shot....😨

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
8 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

It's now a 10% shot....😨

IMHO,  If the cold and blizzards people were talking about a few days ago, we're likened to a Wagon with four wheels, the wheels have now fallen off!....😱

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
5 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Wow. Never blocked so many people in 1 day !

Which really is a thinly veiled 'I haven't blocked anyone but i am throwing my toys out the pram because i can't hack others opinions'

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Which really is a thinly veiled 'I haven't blocked anyone but i am throwing my toys out the pram because i can't hack others opinions'

I mean, this is a model output discussion thread, not a lets throw all our towels thread. Pretty sure most of these comments should just be moved to the moans chat.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters
17 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Wow. Never blocked so many people in 1 day !

Get used to it. I lost the plot last night and to my shame I rose to the bait. My post was removed (correctly by the mods) just ignore the click baiters. Let them post in their own echo chamber. 

Could contain: Person, Text

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Can't wait for the next run of clear sunny days. This cloudy weather over the past week or so has given the feel of being back in Nov/Dec/Jan. Dull as dish water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
4 hours ago, RJBingham said:

"Models have no clue what's going on"= not showing cold 🙄

And blocking people usually equals "I can't handle someone not going along with a cold narrative, so I'll block them for daring to have another opinion, even if it is reasoned..."

• Like 4

Posted

Well isn't this thread a delightful read this morning! I have also been on a blocking spree lately of those who eternally shout beast from the east is coming and every year it never verifies! It's so nice jsut read about what the model shows rather than my view is golden

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

Can't wait for the next run of clear sunny days. This cloudy weather over the past week or so has given the feel of being back in Nov/Dec/Jan. Dull as dish water.

I thought it was sunny, it has been here. Didn't realise it was cloudy further north.

Posted

Just watched the BBC forecast for the week ahead. Complete borefest. Next 10 days same as now. No precipitation of any kind. Lots of cloud. Bit of sun. Occasional frost. We have the most boring weather in the world!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Well isn't this thread a delightful read this morning! I have also been on a blocking spree lately of those who eternally shout beast from the east is coming and every year it never verifies! It's so nice jsut read about what the model shows rather than my view is golden

I've not seen anyone shouting beast from the east for ages, a northerly that probably won't do much in the south yes, bfte no, although my mind is open. The models are all different at the moment, past the reliable. No one knows what is going to happen after this small easterly happening now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Hardly clear blue sky but nice to see the sun for more than 15 minutes today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

The 1st half of February was actually really decent here in terms of sunshine but the 2nd half so far has had the horrifying theme of being cloudy during daylight hours & crystal clear skies at night. My absolute least favourite phenomenon and seems to be just sheer disgustingly bad luck. In fact. this will be the 4th clear night in a row after a mostly cloudy day, with the same forecast tomorrow. Makes me want to pull my hair out and jump into a wood chipper. Well, maybe an exaggeration but as you can guess, I despise a cloudy day that goes into a clear night lol. Especially 5 times in a row lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
21 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Manchester Winter Indices ranked 

2022-23 : 51 (up to 23rd Feb)

38 here to the 26th February. So 22nd place out of 36 winters or lower mid-table for us (back to 1987/88).

What's startling when looking through the figures though is there have only been 19 days with snow lying at 0900 in the last 10 winters. 6 of those last 10 had zero or one day aswell. Extremely poor.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just mentioned in my regional thread; RH down to 50% earlier, lowest since October 11th. Average minimum from November until today has been 80%. Constantly damp for the past 4 months.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just mentioned in my regional thread; RH down to 50% earlier, lowest since October 11th. Average minimum from November until today has been 80%. Constantly damp for the past 4 months.

Below 50% is quite rare here in February (7 times in the last 23 years). The record low was 40% back in 2001. Our mean low minimum humidity since 1st November is 75%, but we've been considerably drier than your location since then (199.4mm of rain). February has averaged 68% which is quite dry. That's more to do with only 6.4mm of rain this month though. It was even possible to cut the grass, something I haven't had to do in February before.

• Like 1