Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A bit brighter today than yesterday, warm again, reached 18.7C.

A real contrast to come by the end of the week, automated metoffice output showing double figures only just being scraped by day and overnight lows of 3 or 4C so chance of ground frost at night.

• Like 7

Posted

Last of the late season warmth today? We shall see, but we are now into mid October, the sun has same strength as late February.

A rather dull damp day at times. 

Looking forward to crisper sunny days by the end of week, and probably that first feel of proper Autumn. 

• Like 9

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

We’re a pretty friendly bunch in the north west thread with plenty of banter, a good sprinkling of Wills cooking and very little falling out.😂

occasionally we even have a bit of snow to talk about🤞🤞🤞

Ur another I've followed Ian. A shame the snows getting less frequent. Grew up on the West Pennine moors and used to get "snowed in" regular. 

It's just not the same now for the most part. Believe me I love the snow. I'm the guy up and walking in it with my camera at 2am! before it turns to rain these days haha. 

Il have to dig some old photos out. Whenever you describe the whether in your location it's always almost identical to where I lived until recently. Elevation is key usually. 

Still family living up there so we aim to arrive before the snow and enjoy. 

Live much lower down now at 140m asl. It really does make a difference. We do OK sometimes but it's just not the same. 

Keep up the good posts and thanks for the reply. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, iand61 said:

We’re a pretty friendly bunch in the north west thread with plenty of banter, a good sprinkling of Wills cooking and very little falling out.😂

occasionally we even have a bit of snow to talk about🤞🤞🤞

Football also helps to lighten the gloom of a forecast like tomorrow's, but not when Crewe Alex are playing as they are tonight!☹️

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Looks like one of those days tomorrow where the temp actually drops through the day instead of rises as cooler air moves in and winds swing more from the NW.

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 8

Posted

Gotten quite breezy here now curtains being sucked out of the bedroom windows 

dirty fat kebab for tea with 9” margarita pizza yum ……now sat up with acid reflux 😩

note to self…….same time next week 😂

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
2 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Gotten quite breezy here now curtains being sucked out of the bedroom windows 

dirty fat kebab for tea with 9” margarita pizza yum ……now sat up with acid reflux 😩

note to self…….same time next week 😂

🤢🤮🍕🌮🍽

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not the best starts to the day though at least it’s stopped raining 

• Like 6

Posted

Been very nice in Greece, 28 degrees pretty much evrey day since Sunday a little breezy but it's perfect. 

Husband and I have been made very welcome. 

Could contain:

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Scuba steve said:

Not the best starts to the day though at least it’s stopped raining 

More or less continuous here in the south of the region although the heaviest rain seems to be in Wales, as per the yellow weather warning there. Yellow weather warning for rain already in place for the Region on Friday.  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

10°C and lashing it down here... Back gardens already started to flood a bit as the grounds still saturated from the last downfall...

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
17 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Last of the late season warmth today? We shall see, but we are now into mid October, the sun has same strength as late February.

A rather dull damp day at times. 

Looking forward to crisper sunny days by the end of week, and probably that first feel of proper Autumn. 

Snow being forecast over Blencathra at times for the weekend

• Like 8

Posted
28 minutes ago, Alexis said:

So, this rain is about 100 miles north than forecast 😄

Yeah, when they get it wrong in a bad way, we always seem to get the worst of it. It happened the other way round last week when the trailing front forecast for southern Scotland parked itself over us. 

We always say it, but if this was snow we'd be bone dry. 

Edited by PennineMark
  • Like 7

Posted
20 hours ago, Ricko said:

Your very well travelled my friend. I have family around the world too. Ireland, America, new Zealand, Italy, tenerife. 

Properties is an amazing thing to get into it's something my father does. 

I've 4 young children so difficult to travel at the moment but maybe in the future. Keep the updates going, it's nice to be able to come on a forum and be blessed with positive comments etc. You don't get that in many groups etc these days. 

Enjoy the rest of your trip. 

It is lovely to have family to visit abroad… my oldest niece is in New Zealand… would love to go back there but you need to break up the journey…

Up early to the sound of the Howler monkeys and the birds… just coming upto 7am… just on edge of Cahuita national park… little hung over 😵 the dawn chorus is something else here… Pura Vida 🇨🇷☀️😎 it’s so much hotter here than in San Jose… 30-35c compared to 22-27c in San Jose… Plus humida here makes it feel like 38-42c 😥 phew… love the air con 😂

Didn’t know beforehand but we’ve got a solar eclipse here on Saturday and it’s going to last for 3 hours… will be amazing… plus the wildlife will probably go crazy…

WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

Which upcoming lunar and solar eclipses are visible in Limón, Costa Rica and what do they look like?

Could contain:

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Autumn is here. A very dull, very wet day here. Just steady moderate rainfall. Hoping it stops for the dog walk later.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Seems we are here in the colder airflow a much different feeling to the day

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A fairly miserable day today, moderate to heavy rain for much of the day. It has eased a bit now and can definitely feel the colder air making inroads. Temperature currently 10.7C.

It will certainly be much more comfortable for my run compared to the warmer weather of the past few days.

• Like 8

Posted
6 hours ago, Scuba steve said:

Seems we are here in the colder airflow a much different feeling to the day

Was colder today put the wife’s cardigan on …… she was out so she doesn’t know

not getting that onesie out 😂

8 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

It is lovely to have family to visit abroad… my oldest niece is in New Zealand… would love to go back there but you need to break up the journey…

Up early to the sound of the Howler monkeys and the birds… just coming upto 7am… just on edge of Cahuita national park… little hung over 😵 the dawn chorus is something else here… Pura Vida 🇨🇷☀️😎 it’s so much hotter here than in San Jose… 30-35c compared to 22-27c in San Jose… Plus humida here makes it feel like 38-42c 😥 phew… love the air con 😂

Didn’t know beforehand but we’ve got a solar eclipse here on Saturday and it’s going to last for 3 hours… will be amazing… plus the wildlife will probably go crazy…

WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

Which upcoming lunar and solar eclipses are visible in Limón, Costa Rica and what do they look like?

Could contain:

Have a great time pal 

• Like 8

Posted

Cumbria the place to be in the region today it seems. A dry day, cooler airstream. Some brightness, and a lovely sky this evening.

A chilly night expected. 

We may also escape with a dry Friday.. not sure where the rain will position itself.

• Like 8

Posted

Just made a Caribbean/Sri Lankan style coconut pork curry for my family here… brought a chilli sauce with us we bought in New Orleans in March this year… my brother loves chilli and the hottest food… that was one hell of a builder… only used equivalent of 5 drops 💦 💧 💧 

you need to sign a waiver in the USA to taste & buy it 😂🤣😂🤣

plus my brother dogs have survived another year without licking a poison dart frog 🐸 🤩 Brian & Karen 🤣😂 God Karen’s a maniac 😂🤣

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 9