Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - New Year and Beyond

Message added by Paul,

Please keep your posts to discussing the model output in this thread, and for more general winter weather chat please use the winter chat, moans and ramps thread.

The model highlights thread is also available for a more concise view of the model discussions. 

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, Penrith Snow said:

Classic Bartlet High on the ECM +240, Paul would be proud of that one 😔 

Nothing is ever set in stone but it's a long way back from some of tonight's output in the medium term and what is that I hear in the background......a ticking clock

Andy

There enough changes for the better well before whatever happens after Friday. Things can and will change in day ten or so range.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
2 minutes ago, Northern Sky said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like a Euro high to me rather than a Bartlett High? It looks too far north, meaning the UK is under the influence of high pressure and relatively cool temps if you look at the 2m charts. 

A true Bartlett is further south so directing mild and wet SW winds over the UK. 

The UK isn't all under the full influence of the high just the south , up here its sw winds and drizzly muck 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Eps 12z a deeper trough in the Atlantic nearer uk than 0z by D15 - no real news apart from that - control does have some amplification to our East by D15. last sneek peek from me - my bank declined the transaction, went into see them Saturday & they said you cant have repeat payments  or International transactions so they must have just gave me the 3 day trial which ends tomorrow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The Met office have issued Ice Warnings for the next few days..Can't believe they have done that, it's only January 😂😂😂

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Eps 12z a deeper trough in the Atlantic nearer uk than 0z by D15 - no real news apart from that - control does have some amplification to our East by D15. last sneek peek from me - my bank declined the transaction, went into see them Saturday & they said you cant have repeat payments  or International transactions so they must have just gave me the 3 day trial which ends tomorrow.

Don't like the sound of that.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Penrith Snow said:

Classic Bartlet High on the ECM +240, Paul would be proud of that one 😔 

Nothing is ever set in stone but it's a long way back from some of tonight's output in the medium term and what is that I hear in the background......a ticking clock

Andy

Come on - it could turn cold within 72hrs of that chart, the high will ridge north westwards imo. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Don't like the sound of that.

its cause i have a basic account - nothing sinister - a bit petty really - only wanted a months subscription ($27) but because you have to cancel manually.......    the bit about international transactions is stupid though - weatherbell a big respected US company.

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

its cause i have a basic account - nothing sinister - a bit petty really - only wanted a months subscription ($27) but because you have to cancel manually.......    the bit about international transactions is stupid - weatherbell a big respected US company.

I think he was talking about the deeper atlantic trough 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Johnp said:

I think he was talking about the deeper atlantic trough 😂

its more a stronger anomaly really, haven't got used to the charts in short space of time & might be better long term with WAA into pole, probably just natural run to run variation & nothing to worry about.

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
1 hour ago, Ali1977 said:

Interesting correction north vs METO latest forecast for 1900

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Sea, Nature, Outdoors, Water, Land, Hurricane, Storm

It’s not cold enough for snow for the majority especially with the warm front ahead of the system. 

Even the tops of the hills above 250m might only get backend sleet and slush.

896575DF-01CF-4D19-9B55-3B2C02653FA2.webp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
1 minute ago, MATT TATTOO said:

Hey folks what have I missed.. my head ain't been in the game just lately. 

There is some snow too look forward to in the coming days and some very icy nights thrown in..so perhaps some of you who ain't seen snow will finally get your wish!

Hey its not even February just yet...so I reckon game on.

And I would just like to add..most of you are aware that my Dad is ill and i have an 18 year old daughter who we havnt seen since she was 8..well my Dad crys most days over it...as do I.

Well this evening she as finally made contact with me...and after giving me a hard time via messaging is now having a laugh with me.

Seriously folks I could cry I really could.

Never give in folks..no matter what.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Sea, Water, Land

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Map, Land, Hurricane, Vegetation

Much love Matt, good for you xxx 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Is this getting any closer?

What is the trigger date?

Thanks

Yes its getting closer, the trigger date if you mean when we are going to start seeing imprint on trop and powerhouse Northerlies in the output then no one knows yet, thats all assuming it does imprint of course, i would rather let someone more qualified Provide a more confident Feb forecast but i will stick my neck out and say that strat chart will verify, its stable, has overwhelming support and is very slowly ticking down, I am confident of something substantial re cold in Feb but may be a patient wait, reason i am confident is apart from strat, every time the trop vortex has located to Greenland and strengthened, it just doesn't seem to want to stay there or maintain its strength this winter so its a double whammy, the main risk of a rubbish rest of winter IMO as has been pointed out is a risk of relocation of strat and trop vortices clashing, ie- relocating just at the wrong time and an imprint occurring just at the wrong time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, RainAllNight said:

Here is a fun chart on the ECMWF website made from EPS data that you can use to torment yourself over your snow chances:

https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/opencharts_ptype_meteogram

Could contain: Chart

So from that at best sleet tomorrow, where's the chart for?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

So from that at best sleet tomorrow, where's the chart for?

My backyard, if you follow the link you can put in your own location and see your own chances!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

It’s down to 1c here where I am, and falling.  Going to get interesting early a.m.   I think there’s big potential for heavy snow coming

BFTP

• Like 7

Posted

colder air hanging on for Friday as the front approaches, possibly a snow to rain event - they aren’t the best though 😫

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Rainforest, Land

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Atlas, Face, Person