Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Summer 2023 chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

My phone says it’s hot later next week, so I think June 23 will end up being decent.

People are looking at the week after. Apparently a low sets up to our northwest. We'll see, as that's re ECM at least 10 days away. How many day ten ECM charts have been correct?

Other models showing the possibility to, at the moment though.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I feel exactly the same sweet! I've "only" had 2 weeks of cloudless (ish) skies! And don't want ot go back under months of tosh!

Yeah, if we have 6-8 weeks of cloudy crap, this current sunny period will be quickly forgotten. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

This weekend isn't looking great but at least it isn't constant rain and still looks fairly warm in the mid 20s, so it isn't all that bad. Plus there's every chance of settled weather pushing back on the 23rd, it's still all to play for!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

Yeah, if we have 6-8 weeks of cloudy crap, this current sunny period will be quickly forgotten. 

Indeed. And that's why I'm going with reputable sources, as there's no evidence that anything like that will happen...

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Very much so!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

People are looking at the week after. Apparently a low sets up to our northwest. We'll see, as that's re ECM at least 10 days away. How many day ten ECM charts have been correct?

Other models showing the possibility to, at the moment though.

Sods law though that if the models all start showing things turning crap that's what's going to happen...(It's not predicting a washout to be fair, just the standard London hot/Midlands cloudy/North wet summer weather we usually get)

Posted
4 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Very much so!!

I see 2023 being better than 21, but it won’t be a classic 2022 or 2018.

Think the wheels will come off in early August, but hopefully some decent storms in the mix.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy rain/snow, thunderstorms

Up here in Dumfries and Galloway, rivers are super low, and the Burn which feeds my water supply has dried up.  Ive only a little water left and hoping the borehole stays working.  I would be glad of some rain up here.  At least to help rivers birds and wildlife, so the changes on the 06 GFS etc I'm happy with. 

I'd love a good thunderstorm, as living at Altitude where I am, storms can be lively!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
Just now, damianslaw said:

I'll say it again, uncanny how the current heatwave that set in 10th June ending on 18th June, matches the very cold spell 10-18 Dec.... two opposite ends of the year, early heat, early cold.

Lets hope the summer doesn't follow with dross like most of WInter was cold wise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I complained earlier this week about the lack of scientific investigation into a proper cure for hayfever. Looks like I was wrong!

I hope this is for real.

72181371-0-image-a-5_1686914639024.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Lumimed - yet to be approved in Britain or the US - boasts that it will 'set you free' from pollen misery. New research shows it eased symptoms of the...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just did two runs to the tip to get rid of a load of garden waste. Everyone has the same idea, packed out with people doing the same thing. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just did two runs to the tip to get rid of a load of garden waste. Everyone has the same idea, packed out with people doing the same thing. 

Got loads pilled up at the minute. Haven't finished what I'm doing,but can't continue with digging up bramble roots till it rains now. So other than cutting down I'm rather stuck. I'm not strong enough to even push a fork into the soil now. It's like concrete to me, hubby probably could, but doesn't do anything, lazy git.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Been a frustrating day here in Greece. Lots of cloud, a few sunny spells and a couple of light showers. There’s an area of low pressure that moved in from Italy and the Balkans overnight. 

We leave tomorrow evening, I’d say all in all weather wise it’s been very nice 75% of the time. We had a couple of showers on Sunday morning and then since then it’s been dry except a couple of showers today and one very brief light shower yesterday evening. Lots of warm sunshine, temperatures between 25c and 28c. But not completely wall to wall sunshine like we’ve had on previous trips. On a couple of mornings it’s been a bit cloudier before clearing to give us warm sunshine. 

Looks like it’s hotting up here next week, wall to wall sunshine and the low 30’s (no doubt mid to high 30’s inland), along with much of the Mediterranean. 

Posted

27.4C at Aviemore International Airport! 🤣

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I don’t mind southwesterlies here so much as we do at least get some protection from the Pennines. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
17 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Also 26.4c by the runway at Altnaharra 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Think the wheels will come off in early August, but hopefully some decent storms in the mix.

I think the best part of the summer will be during the first half. After the midway point, it goes downhill.

Kind of like summer 2017.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Also 26.4c by the runway at Altnaharra 

So it was 'jet exhaust', then? 😁

Edited by Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

2022 was split North-South. 

Here, it was essentially a very good mid-July to mid-August period (would not go as far as spectacular) in an otherwise mild but unremarkable summer. Indeed, i consider July 22 to be the least worthy 18C+ month that i have experienced. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

2022 was split North-South. 

Here, it was essentially a very good mid-July to mid-August period (would not go as far as spectacular) in an otherwise mild but unremarkable summer. Indeed, i consider July 22 to be the least worthy 18C+ month that i have experienced. 

I think August 2022 was excellent personally - 5 days above 30C, 13 days above 25C, and only 3 days below 20C. We had 130-150% of the average sunshine (based on Met Office maps), and only around 13mm of rain. It was easily the best August since 1995 imo, and better than any July since 2006 bar 2018. I would call it a classic summer month. 

I also think you’re overlooking June 2022 a bit - it was warmer, sunnier & drier than average, with 19 days above 20C. It was a solid month. 

July 2022 flattered to deceive a bit, I agree there - it wasn’t as good as the stats suggest due to the extreme heat skewing things. But it was okay. 

Overall, it was a good summer with all three months warmer, sunnier & drier than average. I can’t even think of the last summer to achieve that. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
8 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

So it was 'jet exhaust', then? 😁

There's no other explanation !

• Like 1

Posted

I truly think either from Wimbledon fortnight in Early July or when the Schools break up in the 3rd week of next month will be when the Summer will goes downhill.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
50 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Maybe it’s the flatulence from nearby sheep. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Hubby's just done that too!!

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

Maybe it’s the flatulence from nearby sheep. 

Do they emit flames?