Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Summer 2023 chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Feels pretty fresh, in fact the breeze of those warm SST’s is distinctly cold. 

The great thing @Alderc is each weather year is different and brings something different as well.  There are a ton of variables of why our jet stream will be southerly placed next week.   

Posted

It’s that sort of annoying in between today. Walked the dog in a jumper and came back sweating. Just went out into the garden in a t-shirt and it’s way too cold for that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Addicks Fan 1981 said:

The great thing @Alderc is each weather year is different and brings something different as well.  There are a ton of variables of why our jet stream will be southerly placed next week.   

It’s not great, different things mean unpredictability and that inevitably means it’s difficult to plan. We have dreadful, dreary damp climate and I as soon my kids are older we’ll be moving somewhere much further south. 

Edited by Alderc

Posted
Just now, Azazel said:

It’s that sort of annoying in between today. Walked the dog in a jumper and came back sweating. Just went out into the garden in a t-shirt and it’s way too cold for that 

Typical of the low 20s high summer weather when it’s mixed with longer cloudy spells.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

It’s not great. It’s a dreadful, dreary damp climate and I as soon my kids are older we’ll be moving somewhere much further south. 

When Australia get wet summers they are as happy as Larry.  There are advantages to our cooler regime like we can sleep better and everything will look greener and more vibrant which in turn is better than our parched earth last year.   

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Addicks Fan 1981 said:

When Australia get wet summers they are as happy as Larry.  There are advantages to our cooler regime like we can sleep better and everything will look greener and more vibrant which in turn is better than our parched earth last year.   

Speak for yourself. I sleep fine in the heat and enjoy the crunchy grass 

5 minutes ago, Addicks Fan 1981 said:

Lol you should have heard the whinging when Sydney had its wettest summer on record the year before last. The locals turned into manic depressants. They were certainly not happy as Larry! 

As for sleeping, the heat is lovely and brown grass is a sign of good weather. Everything is green for the rest of the year anyway.

Edited by Alderc

Posted
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

I like the heat but I like compromising as well.  

Just now, Alderc said:

Lol you should have heard the whinging when Sydney had its wettest summer on record the year before last. The locals turned into manic depressants. They were certainly not happy as Larry! 

I didn't see that to be honest with you, thanks for telling me on that score.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, Alderc said:

As for sleeping, the heat is lovely and brown grass is a sign of good weather. Everything is green for the rest of the year anyway.

I've heard enough whingeing from peeps whenever temps in Bournemouth fail to exceed 32C already. Why listen to Aussies?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, Methuselah said:

I've heard enough whingeing from peeps whenever temps in Bournemouth fail to exceed 32C already. Why listen to Aussies?

I actually remember a poster( he knows who he is and is a friend on here i really get on with) who actually posted there was more moaning in the Winter months about lack of cold than in Summer with lack of heat!.....i think we can agree my good mate is very wrong on that one!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

I actually remember a poster( he knows who he is and is a friend on here i really get on with) who actually posted there was more moaning in the Winter months about lack of cold than in Summer with lack of heat!.....i think we can agree my good mate is very wrong on that one!

I don’t know if it’s me but I completely agree with your friend - or it’s at least equal. That’s why I find this cyclical argument hilarious and ultimately pointless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I don’t know if it’s me but I completely agree with your friend - or it’s at least equal. That’s why I find this cyclical argument hilarious and ultimately pointless.

Its not you mate...no offence intended. But i do stand by my post, just a bit of banter thats all.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Not as bizarre as actually complaining about heat in this country... 🤡

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Azazel said:

You're lucky as your body is obviously good at self regulating its temperature.  Unfortunately for others this is not always the case when it comes to heat, myself included.  Not only do I sweat buckets and can't sleep, I also sometimes come out in a horrible heat rash.  However, that's by no means to say you or others shouldn't enjoy the heat, just that it's not for everyone. 

Mid June was perfect for me as it wasn't too hot or humid during the day, but warm enough to enjoy some nice evenings outdoors and not have trouble sleeping!

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Don said:

You're lucky as your body is obviously good at self regulating its temperature.  Unfortunately for others this is not always the case when it comes to heat, myself included.  Not only do I sweat buckets and can't sleep, I also sometimes come out in a horrible heat rash.  However, that's by no means to say you or others shouldn't enjoy the heat, just that it's not for everyone. 

Mid June was perfect for me as it wasn't too hot or humid during the day, but warm enough to enjoy some nice evenings outdoors and not have trouble sleeping!

No of course I know mate and genuinely I do empathise with those who struggle. 

The June spell was great. Loved sitting outside in the garden in the evening in my shorts and the house didn’t get TOO insanely hot and was manageable 

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I found this!! I went on school run in my jumper and by the time I had gone up hill I was warm. But it's chilly out now. And wore a jacket on school run this morning 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

That’s why I’ll probably move to Munich or Latvia where my partner is from.

Both have better summers, and both locations record more snow, even during a milder year.

Yeah it is. LBC just mentioned it.

I remember years gone by, where a few 30c days wouldn’t require a heat health warning.

Actually they've always had heat health warnings, it just wasn't public knowledge, or misunderstood as a weather warning for that matter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, danm said:

Nice enough day. Increasingly long sunny spells this afternoon. 22c.

Been nice and sunny all day here apart from this morning, when there was a bit of high cloud about, even that was thin and patchy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Not too bad a day here. 20.4°C and 9.35 hours of sunshine. Possibly 26 or 27°C tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not bad here either 21/22 c in sunshine though raining now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Nice day here too in the end, 22c, good afternoon sunshine. 29c forecast for tomorrow. 

The weekend should also be fairly warm, but thunderstorms will become an increasing risk. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, danm said:

Nice day here too in the end, 22c, good afternoon sunshine. 29c forecast for tomorrow. 

The weekend should also be fairly warm, but thunderstorms will become an increasing risk. 

I'm loving the fact that this summer that more convective activity is going to be predicted, makes for more interesting model watching.   Also the water companies will benefit from the rain too.   

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

The SE admittedly fairs best in these setups. 22.5c when I got back from work at 6pm. I'd prefer it a bit warmer but a breezy run of 20c - 23c with the odd shower isn't a disaster. Usable I'd say albeit boring from a model watching POV! 

Posted

Looking at the outlook many in the west at least are staring at an exceptionally dull first half to July, in contrast to June. A complete flip.

Good to observe sunshine levels, I expect this is turning into a notably dull start to July as well as cool. 

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Bristle Si said:

Ha! "Increasingly sunny" i said - it's clouded over and a shower or two beckons this lunchtime. Warm though, at 20c.

Heading for 27c tom though, clear blue skies and a southerly breeze😎

Be careful with the clear blue sky bit, this country is a magnet for cloud, seen many a forcast for sunny days fail.