Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Summer 2023 chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Meat n Two Veg said:

Thank you for just proving my point👍

All we need now are your own 'scientific' justifications for your outlandish claims: we await, with bated breath, MTV's versions of climatology, virology and epidemiology.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm,sunny,cheerful!.
Just now, Sunny76 said:

Yeah, but most people would prefer 25-28c with sunshine over this rubbish.

I agree.Useable weather I believe it's called on here!

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

I don't know anyone who embraces the continual low pressure cycle of dull wet windy and cool. Am i going mad ? 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Methuselah said:

All we need now are your own 'scientific' justifications for your outlandish claims: we await, with bated breath, MTV's versions of climatology, virology and epidemiology.

Just as many epidemiologists,and virologists disagreed with all things Covid,but weren't allowed an opinion.I used gut instinct to not have a medical procedure I didn't feel I needed.Proved 100% correct😁👍

Posted
50 minutes ago, danm said:

True to an extent, although our Summers are becoming sunnier on average. 

That might be the case, but it surely doesn’t seem like it.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Isn't insisting that our summers are becoming sunnier and warmer ,like going into a pitch black room and insisting the lights actually on?.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

And that religious bloke with the big hair off GB news. Another clown. Like I say. Anything gets in the way of big business. Construct a ' it's just the weather ' dialogue and off we go money pouring in to our bank account. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

at the moment don't care about temp. just would like it dry even if cold, no sign of zonal fest ending, 

Posted
8 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Ok mate. Have a nice evening

And to you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

London sunshine values:

1961-1990: 1,519 hrs per year

1991-2020: 1,674 hrs per year

Edited by danm
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
4 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I don't know anyone who embraces the continual low pressure cycle of dull wet windy and cool. Am i going mad ? 

No your definitely not.  I understand that people don’t like it to hot , hotter the better for me personally. We have this weather all year round it seems. We have a small window for long hot summer days and it being used up by low after low drives me crazy 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Meat n Two Veg said:

Isn't insisting that our summers are becoming sunnier and warmer ,like going into a pitch black room and insisting the lights actually on?.

Whether you believe man to be the cause (or partly the cause) of climate change or not, please tell me you at least accept that temperatures are rising. It's impossible to deny. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
17 minutes ago, Meat n Two Veg said:

Ahh,a spelling pedant!.(Full stop).

I actually meant to say a single space, not full stop...my bad! 😅 Oh the irony...it's been a long Monday, lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
7 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

There's no shortage of people who like to remind us this is a "typical British summer", which ignores the trend of the past decade locally and globally. Typical British summers aren't typical anymore.

Also have seen people on Facebook and Twitter cheer this sort of weather on. Back in April and May there were people complaining about the "hot" <15°c weather and I did wonder if I was on another planet or if they were at that point.

Posted

Posted
3 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

No your definitely not.  I understand that people don’t like it to hot , hotter the better for me personally. We have this weather all year round it seems. We have a small window for long hot summer days and it being used up by low after low drives me crazy 

Absolutely.  We might get 17c and pleasant in October. No good really. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

Whether you believe man to be the cause (or partly the cause) of climate change or not, please tell me you at least accept that temperatures are rising. It's impossible to deny. 

Yes,I do concede that.I think we are all just fed up with this unrelenting grey and drizzle tbh.When you have kids sitting on the sofa under their duvets in JULY it's a bit rank to say the least!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Good grief, its so dark here...at 5pm in July! Honestly shocking how it looks out here upon leaving the office.

Genuinely feels like 6.30pm in mid October, no exaggeration. Not merely from a temps perspective, but the sheer lack of light.

Funnily enough, I think elsewhere have actually faired better today than us in the South-East, at least on a brightness front. Horrifically dark, dull and dreary day, and a high of 17c with a cold wind chill to boot.

Not quite as bad as Saturday in that it hasn't, ya'know...rained for 16 hours straight, but it's not far off. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

I actually meant to say a single space, not full stop...my bad! 😅 Oh the irony...it's been a long Monday, lol.

Mate,banter is banter.You forgot to add a long miserable grey Monday!.

1 minute ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Good grief, its so dark here...at 5pm in July! Honestly shocking how it looks out here upon leaving the office.

Genuinely feels like 6.30pm in mid October, no exaggeration. Not merely from a temps perspective, but the sheer lack of light.

Funnily enough, I think elsewhere have actually faired better today than us in the South-East, at least on a brightness front. Horrifically dark, dull and dreary day, and a high of 17c with a cold wind chill to boot.

Not quite as bad as Saturday in that it hasn't, ya'know...rained for 16 hours straight, but it's not far off. 

It is.Grey and miserable. I know I should remember other just as bad July's at my age,but I'm struggling to tbh.This is really depressing rubbish.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow
18 minutes ago, Meat n Two Veg said:

So you are triggered?.Must be a difficult existence,day to day for you!

I am indeed. I won't deny it. Being triggered is a reaction to something. If I were not triggered and remained placid then that would be accepting the idiocy of such a comment.

It can be difficult to have to constantly defend science for the greater good of people you're correct, because sadly we live in a world where there is a lot of ignorance which actually is dangerous to our species' survival. But, I find comfort in remembering I have an IQ higher than that of a chicken so there's that 🙂 

Posted
4 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

Also have seen people on Facebook and Twitter cheer this sort of weather on. Back in April and May there were people complaining about the "hot" <15°c weather and I did wonder if I was on another planet or if they were at that point.

They simply do not like seasons or weather disparity. That's their choice, but it makes little sense to me personally. I've no qualms with these conditions in say, early November or early-Mid March, they're topical and applicable for that time of year and I'm prepared for it mentally and physically...but in July...that's another thing entirely. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Absolutely.  We might get 17c and pleasant in October. No good really. 

Same as a warm sunny September.Never feels the same.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Meat n Two Veg said:

Temperatures are trending higher when we are in a regime of high pressure, but since we in the UK are dependent on the vagaries of the jet stream, it means bugger all to us. If, like this year, we fall foul of the jet stream we get a wintery summer with below average temps. And for all we know, this may become the norm from now on. No one knows. Seems to me though that with extreme fronts to the right and left of us, it's much more likely that we'll get summers like this one from now on.

• Like 1