Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

Wearing a t shirt in this weather is just plain weird lol.

It was sunny with fair weather cloud all day here, but it wasn't warm, an easterly chilly breeze all day, and needed a coat, as well as jumper. T shirt nope.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
10 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Wearing a t shirt in this weather is just plain weird lol.

So it all went downhill in 2002?

It did here, But remember we here have always been well behind lol.

when you have lived where I do with hundreds of acres of open land in the Peak Park in a Nature Reserve yes times have changed a bit recently ☺️

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
36 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I agree, though it wouldn’t surprise me as  most of Europe is cool and has been all through march too besides the usual southern clime areas. I’m sure we would have had a brief warm flirt by now in most years….the pattern that has plagued us for a month or two just doesn’t seem to allow it, hope it changes soon.

I heard Spain had their 3rd driest march on record whereas we must have had one of the more wettest and dullest. Plus they’ve had an early heatwave recently too 30C +.

Mind you, I was gardening today and went the sun was out felt quite pleasant and I could feel the warmth of the sun on me.

Northern Spain is still a good 500 miles or more south of us, so it’s still a long way for the warmth to move towards us, plus you have the good old Pyrenees in the way, which are still covered in snow at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

It did here, But remember we here have always been well behind lol

I don’t think much has changed, apart from one’s perception of a place. 

I could say the same about London, but if I start that one I might get banned with my comments. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Hi, I can understand. I'm a very solitude type and have always been used to the countryside and live in the middle of know where worked and lived here all my life, apart from living up in Strontian (Highlands when  young on and off..so to me a few walkers and cars make a big difference, never used to be like this though. But as you say I can completely understand where your coming from. At least you can see through the wood from from the the tree's.. Many can't!

I was schooled in my younger years in Bakewell and it's nothing like it used to be! 

Times used to be so close knit with families here in the villages, much different now since the past 15/20yr.. 

Anyway must not grumble, it's been a wonderful Spring day😊

I walkers were wonkers when I first read this post 🤣

Plenty of wonkers in London. 

10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It was sunny with fair weather cloud all day here, but it wasn't warm, an easterly chilly breeze all day, and needed a coat, as well as jumper. T shirt nope.

Nice all the same, but even on a warmer day at this time of the year until early May, you can get a warm day with chilly dry air.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

It did here, But remember we here have always been well behind lol.

when you have lived where I do with hundreds of acres of open land in the Peak Park in a Nature Reserve yes times have changed a bit recently ☺️

I don’t know if I could handle open countryside on my own. I like it, but not used to living in an environment with a small population, especially for a long period of time.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I don’t know if I could handle open countryside on my own. I like it, but not used to living in an environment with a small population, especially for a long period of time.

It's not been easy through the years and its a different way of life 'being so called behind in times but I dont regret it.. It's been brilliant! But  properties are being brought up by folk with pots of money that have no respect for families that have lives here for generations that can't afford to live here any more..I will leave it there.. live and let live they say ☺️

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
Just now, Polar Maritime said:

It's not been easy through the years and its a different way of life 'being so called behind in times but I dont regret it.. It's been brilliant! But  properties are being brought up by folk with pots of money that have no respect. I will leave it there.. live and let live they say ☺️

I fully understand that, and I can see your resentment.

I’m from London, but I would be mindful if I were to relocate to a smaller village or town. Respect the local community, and also take an interest in local life.

The trouble with us townies are, we are very closed off, and very territorial. 

I think the lack of space in London, does affect a persons mindset, and when or if they move further out they actually have a hard time adjusting to the space around them, but also feel like they are the centre of the universe.

Nobody cares about wonkers who come from London, and I’m embarrassed for those idiots who give people like myself a bad name.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I fully understand that, and I can see your resentment.

I’m from London, but I would be mindful if I were to relocate to a smaller village or town. Respect the local community, and also take an interest in local life.

The trouble with us townies are, we are very closed off, and very territorial. 

I think the lack of space in London, does affect a persons mindset, and when or if they move further out they actually have a hard time adjusting to the space around them, but also feel like they are the centre of the universe.

Nobody cares about wonkers who come from London, and I’m embarrassed for those idiots who give people like myself a bad name.

Absolutely agree, But for the record I don't call folk from London wonkers.. But I know where your coming from and well put re- centre of the universe! And your certainly not in that category going on understanding.. Have a good evening and let's hope for a good spring/summer and good health! ☺️

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
9 hours ago, johncam said:

Up here it's 12C and 15C 🤣

Agree...some of the more youthful locals parade around in shorts and flip flops in January! Now that is mad!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A frosty morning has given way to gloom. Of course.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

What a difference the sun makes! Cold last night and chilly this morning but the sun taking the edge off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Forecast vs. reality

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Vegetation, Map, Atlas, Diagram, SeaCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Land, Storm, Sea, Water, Blackboard

Too much thick grey cloud over London this morning. Disappointing considering these were meant to be the sunny days before the cloud and rain returns later this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
47 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Forecast vs. reality

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Vegetation, Map, Atlas, Diagram, SeaCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Land, Storm, Sea, Water, Blackboard

Too much thick grey cloud over London this morning. Disappointing considering these were meant to be the sunny days before the cloud and rain returns later this week. 

It was sunny until a short while ago. Some fair weather cloud has bubbled up. Still some breaks in the cloud. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Lovely day out of the wind 😎

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

Forecast vs. reality

I was wondering what all the moaning was about, now I get it. It's been nice here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Met Office have released some March statistics, extremely wet for England with a few local stations having their wettest month on record. 

Chilly for Scotland compared to England and Wales.

Posted

Temporary cloud gone and back to lots of sunshine.

• Thanks 1

Posted

850hpa temps above average, clear skies yet it's only 10C here..strange. Does feel quite warm in the sun, warmer than the 15Cs we saw in March under thick cloud

Posted

Stunning day. Warm in the sun, chilly in the shade. 

• Like 1

Posted

Baffling time for us gardeners,what's coming next,some stuff flowering really early,dreading frost on Magnolias ect,don't want fruit blossom killed,April is a tricky month,last April's frost was damaging,masses of rain,hurry up May lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, danm said:

Stunning day. Warm in the sun, chilly in the shade. 

Quite typical of March and April, sometimes even early May.

What I like about this period until late May is the clear dry feel to things, as from late May and beyond it becomes much more humid even during a clear warm or hot day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
12 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Quite typical of March and April, sometimes even early May.

What I like about this period until late May is the clear dry feel to things, as from late May and beyond it becomes much more humid even during a clear warm or hot day.

Indeed. Anyone that says it doesn't get humid in this country is just lying. For me it's impossible to wear jeans, trousers etc after May as I just sweat if I do, I've noticed dew points rise from that time as well, so if it's 23c outside with a dew above 10c it can feel a bit muggy to me. So I'm basically in shorts from then onwards until late September. And in that chunk of time it rarely drops below 20c indoors as well as the sun naturally warms this house up as it's east facing at the front and west facing at the back so the sun gets to all of it at different times of the day.