Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
41 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Back in west London for work and it’s a lovely sunny morning, if chilly. 
Have been reading the chat about humidity and I always find UK winters to have a very damp feel (as opposed to Central Europe). Have a work trip to Singapore coming up, that’s proper humidity with heat, thankfully UK summers don’t even come close

How long do you come back to London for? A few days at a time?

• Like 1

Posted

Rather cold this morning with a min temp of -2.0C. Finally a completely clear day, the first this year! As a result its already up to 8.6C.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
54 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

How long do you come back to London for? A few days at a time?

Yes, exactly. Nice to come back to sunshine, especially after that awful gloomy March 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Great sunny morning today and feeling really warm in my garden sun trap ☀️ Step in to the shade though and it’s like the Greenland Ice Sheet!

Edited by TheOgre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

Great sunny morning today and feeling really warm in my garden sun trap ☀️ Step in to the shade though and it’s like the Greenland Ice Sheet!

It takes a while to warm up. It’s more gradual this year. Perhaps the cooler winter has something to do with it.

For me, it becomes noticeably warmer in the shade once we have a few days reach or exceeding 23-24c. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Still waiting on a completely clear day but nonetheless it's been a decent spell of weather. The last completely clear day of clear blue skies was in February - which to be honest though synoptically not particularly interesting, was one of my favourite winter months ever just for how mild, sunny and dry it was here, especially the first half. April looking like it has the potential to be a good month once again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Finally, a completely sunny day! Feels warm in the sun. Only the most stubborn are still wearing coats.

• Like 2

Posted
47 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Finally, a completely sunny day! Feels warm in the sun. Only the most stubborn are still wearing coats.

Winter jacket with a fleece and t shirt underneath. 

One of the stubborn ones you mentioned. Still feels cold in the breeze and shady spots while I’m out and about. But, it is nice and feels like the first pleasant day of the year so far, after yesterday of course.

I’m still waiting for a day when I can wear a light jacket and t shirt, which can’t be too far away. 

50 minutes ago, Nick L said:

It’s not t shirt weather just yet. Nowhere warm enough for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
9 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Winter jacket with a fleece and t shirt underneath. 

One of the stubborn ones you mentioned. Still feels cold in the breeze and shady spots while I’m out and about. But, it is nice and feels like the first pleasant day of the year so far, after yesterday of course.

I’m still waiting for a day when I can wear a light jacket and t shirt, which can’t be too far away. 

It’s not t shirt weather just yet. Nowhere warm enough for me. 

Just about mild enough in the sun to get away with a sweatshirt and a hoodie but by the evening when it gets chillier need an extra layer; usually a thin coat above the hoodie. 

Too warm for a full on winter jacket now. 

Edited by Metwatch
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Think the breeze feels even colder today than yesterday. The sun is nice though and when sheltered it does feel very pleasant. Still need a coat with that breeze though. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Nick L said:

🙋‍♂️

It is very pleasant in the sun today though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Wall to wall sunshine today, my favourite 😍 

Also, amazingly, we have breached the halfway point of the March 2023 sunshine total already...just 4 days in! Hahaha. Just shows how bad March was down here!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Beautiful here, with shade temps of 14c, this afters. But with clear blue skies, and in full sun, it feels more like 20c in the suntrap back garden. Oh, and no cooling breeze either.

Luverly😎👍

Edited by Bristle Si
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Nick L said:

I hung the laundry out without a coat bit there was no wind

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Metwatch said:

Just about mild enough in the sun to get away with a sweatshirt and a hoodie but by the evening when it gets chillier need an extra layer; usually a thin coat above the hoodie. 

Depends on the person though.

My question is, do you wear a t shirt under the hoodie or sweater? Or just wear the hoodie on it’s own?

When I drop down from a winter jacket, I still need two layers.

Posted

Lovely day here,sun out,cut a really big lawn,customer happy,only needed t shirt and work jeans,sweating as I sat down for my coffee breakore please

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still had a thin coat on when I went for a walk just now as the breeze was still a bit cold. In sheltered spots though I would easily have felt fine without one. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
44 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Depends on the person though.

My question is, do you wear a t shirt under the hoodie or sweater? Or just wear the hoodie on it’s own?

When I drop down from a winter jacket, I still need two layers.

No t-shirt under the hoodie, just the sweater and hoodie. 

My winter jacket is that warm that I can wear it above just one layer such as a sweater in temperatures down to - 5 and still feel alright. Not today though otherwise I would be dripping with sweat! 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

No t-shirt under the hoodie, just the sweater and hoodie. 

My winter jacket is that warm that I can wear it above just one layer such as a sweater in temperatures down to - 5 and still feel alright. Not today though otherwise I would be dripping with sweat! 

I usually wear t shirts as a layer under a jumper or hoodie/fleece, then if it’s cold I’ll wear a winter jacket on top.

My coat isn’t the warmest, but it’s still warm enough. 

• Like 1

Posted

I wore today: Bra, vest, long sleeved top and a thick wool jumper on top. Yesterday I also had on my coat too

• Like 1

Posted

As long as you're sheltered from the wind now the sun is higher it feels so much warmer than the same temperature 2 months ago

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Today has been probably the best of the year so far.  Temperature wise though it is probably been acceptable as a March day, not April.  Ideally I'd like 15C plus now.

However  I'll certainly take it after the horrendous month we've just endured  

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Today has been probably the best of the year so far.  Temperature wise though it is probably been acceptable as a March day, not April.  Ideally I'd like 15C plus now.

However  I'll certainly take it after the horrendous month we've just endured  

A good day but it is only early April, not late April.. 

5 hours ago, Metwatch said:

Borderline thick coat weather at the moment, this morning was cold and the thick coat needed, by lunchtime a light jacket woudl suffice by evening thick coat again. Its that time of year when it is difficult to know what to wear and dress. Same with walking, need your summer and winter gear, on and off, and off clothing weather. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1