Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
27 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

So what you going to do?

Taking the kids out to a miniature train, go to the park, bubbles, rockets, lunch outside, ice cream and apply after sun tonight!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Bit of bad luck here today. The cloud began to clear around 1230, we got stuck under a stubborn patch, and another band of cloud has arrived already. We might get a brief spell before the frontal cloud arrives, but overall it appears that today is a predominantly cloudy day here in Swindon. Still, it's a fair day, even if cloudy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
8 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

Still, it's a fair day, even if cloudy. 

I was under the assumption that 'fair' meant the same as mostly sunny/partly cloudy, light to no wind and dry?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Beautiful day out there, crystal clear blue skies. Very warm in the sunshine. 

A bit of a reversal from yesterday. The NW/SE divide has flipped back:

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Hurricane, Storm, Sea, Water, Plant, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Outdoors, Plant, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation, Atlas, Diagram

Edited by danm

Posted
8 minutes ago, B87 said:

I was under the assumption that 'fair' meant the same as mostly sunny/partly cloudy, light to no wind and dry?

It's dry, overcast yet bright

Posted
41 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Interesting how you folk have hazier skies but warmer temps.

Sky is a solid blue over this way now, but cooler at 14c.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather

We had sun from the off so had a couple hours extra for temps to rise. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, danm said:

Honestly mate, just go out and enjoy it. Forget about the monthly sunshine stats and go and feel some sunshine on your skin. 

He has a point though.

We need a number of clear sunny days, not just a few hours of sunshine in between cloudy conditions.

I’m heading to the roof of the building I work in, just to catch some sun. 

No, I wasn’t going to jump 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

He has a point though.

We need a number of clear sunny days, not just a few hours of sunshine in between cloudy conditions.

I’m heading to the roof of the building I work in, just to catch some sun. 

No, I wasn’t going to jump 👍

It’s equivalent to people looking for a dumping of snow not going out enjoying it when they get it and typing on here moaning that there’s going to be a thaw in a few days. 

• Like 2

Posted

Well here’s a sunny conditions from where I am, as I enjoy my lunch break on the my own private roof terrace(at work lol). The cloud will be moving in again in a few hours, so like Chingford lad said ‘making the most of it’ 👍

Could contain: Building, City, Office Building, Cityscape, Urban, Metropolis, High Rise, Construction, Construction Crane, Handrail

Could contain: Architecture, Building, Spire, Tower, Grass, Plant, City, Metropolis, Urban, Office Building

Could contain: Construction, Construction Crane, Landmark, Architecture, Building, Church, St. Paul Cathedral

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, richie3846 said:

Bit of bad luck here today. The cloud began to clear around 1230, we got stuck under a stubborn patch, and another band of cloud has arrived already. We might get a brief spell before the frontal cloud arrives, but overall it appears that today is a predominantly cloudy day here in Swindon. Still, it's a fair day, even if cloudy. 

Not much bloody better here! 3 hours sun and it's gone again. I hate this country can't even manage one full day of sun! It's ridiculous!!

Could contain: Road, Freeway, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Railway, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Plant, Tree

• Like 1

Posted

This has 1994 vibes about it. I remember that May having some better sunny warm days, but it was also cold and dull in the middle weeks and very wet at times, then turned out around the last couple of days of May.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Not much bloody better here! 3 hours sun and it's gone again. I hate this country can't even manage one full day of sun! It's ridiculous!!

Could contain: Road, Freeway, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Railway, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Plant, Tree

There’s a thin strip of higher cloud ahead of the main front. Should be some sunshine as it clears before the front arrives later this evening. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Hurricane, Plant, Vegetation, Water, Sea

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

This has 1994 vibes about it. I remember that May having some better sunny warm days, but it was also cold and dull in the middle weeks and very wet at times, then turned out around the last couple of days of May.

We could do with a June and July like 1994. Both dry and sunny, and very warm in the case of July. 

Hopefully August will be more like 1995.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, B87 said:

We could do with a June and July like 1994. Both dry and sunny, and very warm in the case of July. 

Hopefully August will be more like 1995.

Early June was cool, after the late May hot snap, but became hot again around mid June, then we had those amazing storms on the 24th of June, and the weather was mostly warm or hot and sunny throughout late June and all of July. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I’m glad I saw a nice day yesterday. The change in wind direction has completely scuppered any chance of a nice day here. It’s been cloudy almost all day today and only briefly reached 15°C before dropping back to a miserable 12°C now. About 10 miles away inland it seems to be around 20°C. 😩

Posted
21 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Sorry to hear that, we've pinched your sun, the haze has pretty much cleared to blue now. 

Could contain: Building, Countryside, Hut, Nature, Outdoors, Rural, Airplane, Transportation, Vehicle, Housing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Sun has finally broke free in the east, took till 2pm to get there, temperature is rising rapidly up to 14c now 

• Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I’m glad I saw a nice day yesterday. The change in wind direction has completely scuppered any chance of a nice day here. It’s been cloudy almost all day today and only briefly reached 15°C before dropping back to a miserable 12°C now. About 10 miles away inland it seems to be around 20°C. 😩

It’s nothing special. Feels very warm in the sun, but I see the clouds on the horizon against the blue skies over my end.

Its around 20-21c here, but still a chill in the air, when in the shade or under cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Yesterday and last night were that cool, that this afternoon's warmth has made my home now 3C cooler than outside. 

Does feel a little refreshing I must admit. 

Could contain: Electronics, Screen, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Monitor, Clock, Digital Clock, Scoreboard

• Like 1

Posted

Properly cloudy now and breeze getting up. Rain radar has splashes of rain not far away up towards Stoke on Trent.  We did hit the 20c mark earlier.  Probably for the first time here since October 2022. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Properly cloudy now and breeze getting up. Rain radar has splashes of rain not far away up towards Stoke on Trent.  We did hit the 20c mark earlier.  Probably for the first time here since October 2022. 

Still sunny here just hit 20C too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Well here’s a sunny conditions from where I am, as I enjoy my lunch break on the my own private roof terrace(at work lol). The cloud will be moving in again in a few hours, so like Chingford lad said ‘making the most of it’ 👍

Could contain: Building, City, Office Building, Cityscape, Urban, Metropolis, High Rise, Construction, Construction Crane, Handrail

Could contain: Architecture, Building, Spire, Tower, Grass, Plant, City, Metropolis, Urban, Office Building

Could contain: Construction, Construction Crane, Landmark, Architecture, Building, Church, St. Paul Cathedral

Nice rooftop there, very similar area to where I work 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

It's table scraps honestly. Not complaining about the sun in my neck of the woods at present but it's few and few between and so regional. 

The whole country cannot enjoy a nice day together. It's one area getting lucky at the sacrifice of another area.

Its a poor show for May when half a day of 19c and sunny in specific areas of the country is the best we're getting.

• Like 1