Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 20th March 2023 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well at least the sky looks more interesting today with some mid-level instability. With a bit of AltoCas 

Could contain: Outdoors, Shelter, Nature, Sky, Monastery, Cloud, Cumulus, Tree, Neighborhood, Person

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Well, The sky today in Gloucester certainly  gives off the stormy vibes. I think ill cry if nothing pops up today 😂💀

Personally, id say mid afternoon is looking nice.
Plenty of convergence.

While im not directly in the firing line, hopefully something shifts this way

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Chart, Plot, Plant, Vegetation, MapCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Edited by Lynxus
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

I'm on the edge of today's convective forecast, ideally the cloud would be starting to break up by now, but it's fairly cloudy. 

I have my camera gear at the ready, and I finish work at 3pm, hopefully there will be some positive signs by then, and if anything decent pops up, I'll be heading further west, so fingers crossed.

Hearing some positive talk for things to improve on the storm from towards the end of the month, one to watch ⚡⛈️🌩️ 

Edit, cloud thinning and and feeling warm now! Fings crossed 😁

Edited by Southern Storm
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
37 minutes ago, Southern Storm said:

I'm on the edge of today's convective forecast, ideally the cloud would be starting to break up by now, but it's fairly cloudy. 

I have my camera gear at the ready, and I finish work at 3pm, hopefully there will be some positive signs by then, and if anything decent pops up, I'll be heading further west, so fingers crossed.

Hearing some positive talk for things to improve on the storm from towards the end of the month, one to watch ⚡⛈️🌩️ 

Edit, cloud thinning and and feeling warm, now! Fings crossed 😁

Always worth being ready for the unexpected! 🙂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

The small cells that have developed so far in Oxon seem to be tracking directly southwards as opposed to the SW'ly track shown on models. Either CZs are going to funnel them towards Dorset in the end, or a few more of us to the east of there could be in with a shout.

• Like 2

Posted
26 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

The small cells that have developed so far in Oxon seem to be tracking directly southwards as opposed to the SW'ly track shown on models. Either CZs are going to funnel them towards Dorset in the end, or a few more of us to the east of there could be in with a shout.

Impressive cell just developed further east than forecast! You might be in luck 🤞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
Just now, Southern Storm said:

Impressive cell just developed further east than forecast! You might be in luck 🤞

I can see the base of it. That one's developed so quickly out of nowhere! Good looking core on radar.

Posted
1 minute ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

I can see the base of it. That one's developed so quickly out of nowhere! Good looking core on radar.

Looks like it's eased off a little on radar. Just message in the wife who's over in Christchurch and she says it's just rain as far as you can tell, but definitely better chances of storms than I thought there would be, especially for areas further east 

Bodes well for later 

Posted

That cell in Oxford has just exploded into life. I'm 15 miles south/SE and you honestly couldn't get a more benign day! Warm sun t start the day and just a bit dull ! Shows how local these set ups are!

• Like 3

Posted

Potent cell west of Southampton heading my way. Nice dark base over that way but no thunder heard yet.

Posted

Salisbury Plain proving to be a breeding ground at the moment. Probably a mixture of uplift and convergence. Cells heading roughly NNE-SSW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Nowt here as to be expected, even though we are in the warning zone. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Some rare Southward moving storms which are quite potent. Reminds me of June 13th 2014 or somewhere around that time! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

A small amount of convection to the NE of Brum caught in our local CZ.. Not really expecting anything today despite the BBC midday weather forecast

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Machine, Motor, Engine, Building

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Possible funnel in north Warwickshire half an hour ago.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Tornado

• Like 5

Posted

Wow and i wrote today off thinking the pressures too high.. was woken up to really close strike from a storm that seemed to come out of nowhere! I should've checked the forecst skew-Ts, figured CAPE would be llimited by a mid level temperature inversion but clearly that wasn't in place. Reckon this could pretty interesting year 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A decent downpour now. Nice to hear the thunder even if it wasn't a direct hit.