Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - September 2023

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

Beautiful storm here , popped up out of nowhere , lovely lightning and deep continuous growls of thunder , moving off now but looks like we might get something from the channel perhaps .

Sun trying to poke through,  cloud still around though so might recharge the energy , 

No breeze though and here comes another growl. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
Just now, ChezWeather said:

Does anyone know of a good elevated viewpoint in East Yorks?

I also need to know 😂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
17 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I’m gonna go for something a bit further north today I reckon - Newcastle down to Stockton in the east and then Blackpool down towards Manchester in the west.

Definitely feel Newcastle/Sunderland area will be ‘lit’ later on 

Let's hope you're right lol!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Tony Gilbert's take on today from UK Weather world.  He's usually bang on too so I'm happy with this outlook! 

Please let me see a decent storm!

https://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/132166-convective-outlook-sun-10th-sept-2023/&tab=comments#comment-1202511

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'll be heading north today. Likely to position myself near the A1 somewhere east of Leeds which offers a quick route northwards. A lot of disparity between models again but I'm going to follow the Arome which pretty much nailed yesterday's storms. This would therefore favour North Yorkshire from somewhere like Selby up to York.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Reading this thread this morning, and looking at the radar almost anywhere could be in for at least a small storm! It’s only 10.30… busy on here today I reckon.. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
6 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I'll be heading north today. Likely to position myself near the A1 somewhere east of Leeds which offers a quick route northwards. A lot of disparity between models again but I'm going to follow the Arome which pretty much nailed yesterday's storms. This would therefore favour North Yorkshire from somewhere like Selby up to York.

Similar idea to myself, A1/A64 interchange is my target. Good road network. Storm motion likely to be NNE-NE which favours the A64.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
12 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

What the actual hell is this mess!! 

IMG_6238.thumb.jpeg.e7e36bb6f12b7d8fbd32efbdce610a06.jpeg

Showery remnants I guess with some small amount of elevated storm activity in places. Most of the 'severe' storms are due to develop later further North/NE as surface based reading the forecasts.

Was hoping the storm around Taunton/Bridgewater would make it here but lightning activity has died down already.

Posted

Good luck to everyone today!

Decent overnight storm here in Kingsbridge, torrential rain and fair bit of lightning around 2.30am.

Plus the earlier storm that was further out to sea.

Well worth the wait☺️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and all extreme weather! :)

Morning everyone!

I'm not expecting much today for me. Just a showery mess moving up to the central south. Good luck to everyone chasing today!

There does seem to be a small glimmer of hope among the rainy mess... Hopefully that purple bit goes boom as it moves in.

image.thumb.png.7dab46046585c48cd5232d473ca07f28.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.
24 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

What the actual hell is this mess!! 

IMG_6238.thumb.jpeg.e7e36bb6f12b7d8fbd32efbdce610a06.jpeg

Few heavier showers developing on the front of that near to Bournemouth, might want to keep an eye on those. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well there was absolutely no cloud forecast for us 24 hours ago, now the forecast is for a couple of hours of rain. What’s the point in having a forecast then?

I may have planned to alphabetise my nitro-glycerin and sodium collections in the garden today - based on information from the forecasts - but now they would get ruined!

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Quitely confident up here in the north east today.... hopefully see some photogenic cloudscapes....have van will travel, either slightly north west to the hills around Consett or drop 30 miles or so south to the north Yorkshire Moors ☺️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Morning all. Things are looking up a bit for some action, but I don't think I can push Nick Finnis a few tenners to increase his storm risk from 20% here in the Reigate area. Hmm. Come on, Mr Finnis...

The Met Office doesn't seem to know which week it is, so I'm going to count on you folks to watch what goes on. If anything happens here I'll keep you posted.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, CoventryWeather said:

Few heavier showers developing on the front of that near to Bournemouth, might want to keep an eye on those. 

Just imagine if this produced the storm of the century over Wokingham ☺️

Worried I chose the wrong day to run my open-air tissue paper festival 😬 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just to add, clear skies here now, with temps and humidity rocketing....given that and other parameters in play, it feels ripe for some strong surface based storms here later 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, A.J said:

Quitely confident up here in the north east today.... hopefully see some photogenic cloudscapes....have van will travel, either slightly north west to the hills around Consett or drop 30 miles or so south to the north Yorkshire Moors ☺️

Captain cooks monument could be a good shout- 360 view when it's not jaffa cakesing down 😂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and all extreme weather! :)

The temperature here has dropped a considerable amount, down from 24C to 23.1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

More storms in the Rennes area that have the central south's name on them, but I guess we all know that it'll be a mess of rain by the time it gets here, like the current one! Regardless, there's a least a little more activity about down here than expected, so perhaps a slightly more interesting day ahead than I thought 

Posted

It’s the seeds of the Wokingham Supercell I tells ya

Just now, ChannelThunder said:

More storms in the Rennes area that have the central south's name on them, but I guess we all know that it'll be a mess of rain by the time it gets here, like the current one! Regardless, there's a least a little more activity about down here than expected, so perhaps a slightly more interesting day ahead than I thought 

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

It’s the seeds of the Wokingham Supercell I tells ya

I'll give you an 'Insightful' for your enthusiasm! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Rufus Butterfield said:

I’ve got so much footage to get through

MAH01243.mov

Went out last night when the second storm came through (about 2030), that was monumental. Went from no rain, to full on monsoon in less than 400 yards, and, it was really quite windy under it as well. 

Have some dashcam stuff, as well as some that was put on one of the local Facebook groups in Donny. Was definitely a talking point seeing storms go either side of me.

• Like 3