Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Still snow in Levi, Finland or as they say in Finnish......Suomi! Interesting how even though it hardly gets dark there now with almost 19 hours of daylight the snow just lingers but the temps there still aren't that mild. The sun won't set at all at the end of the month until mid July. Good blackout curtains/blinds needed for the locals. 😵‍💫

• Like 6

Posted

A couple of hours of moderate to heavy rain, petered out around 7pm to leave a fine clear sunny evening. The length of daylight now means a few poor hours of cloud and rain can easily be cancelled out by a few hours of fine sunny dry weather, often the case, with good mornings and evenings and poor showery afternoons. 

• Like 7

Posted

The thunderstorm warning on my phone is about to run out, 9pm, my stomach rumbled that's that then.  Glad though at not having the rain Leeds and Bradford areas have had, caused quite some disruption on road and rail.

• Like 5

Posted

No rain, no thunder and no goals from Crewe Alexandra. Woe is me! Seriously, it looked quite stormy from where I was sitting high up in the Main Stand but the rain stayed away and we had a quite chilly wind instead, reminding us that although the evenings are a lot lighter and longer now, it is still not yet summer. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

A Face like Thunder don't worry I'm sure we'll soon be in the furnace if the last few years are anything to go by with temps well into the thirties. 🥵

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.2e1d1895eeb8775c3f7f1308f4d66620.pngQuite an impressive swirl.

Play it on the radar and it looks like a catherine wheel.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Pretty happy with my forecast/boundary positioning for today

• Like 7

Posted

Morning.  Clear at low levels today but foggy a bit higher up. 12°C 7.14am, grey and dry.  Risk of a shower but temps could reach 19°C again.  Macc max yesterday 17.1°C not bad considering was under cloud all day.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Rush2019 Defo under a cloud yesterday with Macc losing the play off, Crewe losing first leg and of course Man United humiliated by the Eagles . Things can only get better ( weather wise ) starting to look promising as the week progresses. Should I book that flight to visit blighty ?

C

• Like 7

Posted

Local vicinity got stuck under an ever-expanding rain cloud yesterday...no thunder but quite a few hours of heavy rain due to the slow moving nature of things.  Very nice warm sunny day today has burnt away any wet patches and dried the ground out again.  Decent week upcoming maybe a deterioration into next week.

• Like 7

Posted
Posted (edited)

Skyline in Denton 10 mins ago whilst sat having a coffee, thickening clouds. On my way back home now. Was bright earlier and felt nice when the sun decided to show itself. Seems very difficult to get a properly sunny day with little cloud build up doesn't it?

IMG_20240507_150913.jpg

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Pretty decent warm day under largely sunny skies why the whole BH wasn’t like this lol

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Persistent cloud here until early afternoon, sun burnt through after that and it's been a warm afternoon, temp reached 19C.

• Like 6

Posted

Sunny ☀️ morning… cloudy middle of the day sunny late afternoon/evening 19c… walk in park this morning and fed the ducks… gardening digging up and moving a few plants for a few hours… 

flattened three chicken breasts and griddled them….one garlic 🧄 and honey 🍯 , one chilli 🌶️ & ginger 🫚 and one bbq sauce and made wraps for tea 🤤 

• Like 6

Posted

Lovely dry warm summery day today.  Birds suddenly noisy.  Yesterday scarce a chirp in the chiily gloom.  I've been told swifts came back near Lancaster today.  😀

Pleased we missed this yesterday .  Only 0.2mm in the bit of drizzle in the evening on our far side of the Pennines.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Thunderstorms on Bank Holiday Monday led to heavy rain and flooding in parts of north Leeds.

• Like 8

Posted

WillinGlossop is your phone camera faulty? You wore it out with food pics 😂 but we want them back 🤤

• Like 6

Posted
Posted (edited)

Dark Horse 🤣😂 next time 🤞👍 I did contemplate taking photo but ended up just eating… was hungry 😋 

off to Londonford on Friday… my niece has booked Lovely tapas place in Fulham…. She lives there and we’re at Fulham for 1230 kick off Saturday… . We’re in away end… they’ve got tickets in home seats not far from us….shes United… her boyfriend is Arsenal….will be interesting Sunday 😂🤣 back Monday…. 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Rain Lady

A completely dry day here on Monday but places no more than a couple of miles away had rain with some getting a lot.

Apart from a bit of drizzle and dampness on Saturday, and a couple of lightish showers late last week, the last week has been mainly dry and with nothing since Saturday afternoon, this is already our longest dry period since last autumn.

long may it continue🤞

• Like 6

Posted

Morning, looks like another pleasant day ahead.  13°C and sun trying to burn through 6.15am.  Making the most of it, I'm off to Hayfield and Glossop for a few hours today gentle walk around, really trying to build up a bit of stamina, hoping to return to work soon.  Birds were very excited for their meal worms earlier. ☀️🌞🐦

• Like 6

Posted
Posted (edited)

Rush2019 Howard park and Manor Park are looking pretty this time of year… lots of ducks, geese and occasional heron about… both short walk from town centre… hope you have nice day out 👍👌 hopefully sunny ☀️ most of the day after high cloud has burnt back 🤞🤞

also old glossop has three nice pubs that do nice food… tapas, curry and traditional fare 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 5

Posted

WillinGlossop   Thanks Will, yes I'll be mooching around Manor Park.  Just in Buxton waiting for bus to Glossop.  Feels warmer today, have brought an extra layer, sun is burning through quite nicely, doubt I'll need to put it on. 🌞🙂🍦

• Like 5

Posted

Calm and gloomy.  Mist down on fells.  14.3c

• Like 6