Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Feels like its been raining for a good 48 hours here and still coming down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
8 hours ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Feels like its been raining for a good 48 hours here and still coming down

It’s been relentless now for a solid 48 hours and more to come.  Here’s the rainfall accumulation forecast until 3:00pm tomorrow according to the UKMO showing that some areas can expect another 30mm (does not include the rain that fell yesterday)….

IMG_1291.thumb.png.c452b347afa22bae654c93dcafabf0c0.png

Edited by Sky Full
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

Hurray, the rain has stopped, the clouds have lifted and broken up and there is even some sunshine!😃Better make the most of this short dry interlude today before things go downhill again. What a miserable few days it has been but at least I am assured now that no one has stolen the mountains while i couldn't see them!😉 Another uplifting thought is that according to MetO astronomical data tomorrow's sunset will be at 16.01 opposed to 16.00 today!!!🌞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Wetterfrosch said:

Hurray, the rain has stopped, the clouds have lifted and broken up and there is even some sunshine!😃Better make the most of this short dry interlude today before things go downhill again. What a miserable few days it has been but at least I am assured now that no one has stolen the mountains while i couldn't see them!😉 Another uplifting thought is that according to MetO astronomical data tomorrow's sunset will be at 16.01 opposed to 16.00 today!!!🌞

Yes - what a difference!  Blue sky at last and we can start to dry out a bit.  No significant rain expected now until the 23rd - but precious little sunshine either so must make the most of the afternoon…..  Must now go and wash the car, I suppose. 🙄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Fab nacreous cloud over Chirk this morning, very poorly captured  by my iPhone 

IMG_0072.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 17/12/2023 at 19:09, snefnug said:

There must be some very tiptoe-y family members when the thingy-z’s and ENS  rollout as groans or whoops heard from Madmod Dad’s/Taid’s direction…..

Strong stratospheric warming underway should see down dwelling leading to zonal wind reversal in the new year.

Screenshot_20231221_122007_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
18 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Strong stratospheric warming underway should see down dwelling leading to zonal wind reversal in the new year.

Screenshot_20231221_122007_Chrome.jpg

Is that a whoop or a groan?

Posted
12 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Is that a whoop or a groan?

Depends on your point of view should see big turn around in weather ,can be pretty cold January. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Very weird orange Hew in the sky this late afternoon wonder if it’s to do with the volcano in Iceland very peculiar 🤔   

Posted
57 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

Very weird orange Hew in the sky this late afternoon wonder if it’s to do with the volcano in Iceland very peculiar 🤔   

Weird, just mentioned to husband that the sky was a bit angry red looking this evening.   Probs is, particles and stuff? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
Just now, snefnug said:

Weird, just mentioned to husband that the sky was a bit angry red looking this evening.   Probs is, particles and stuff? 

I think I’ve found the culprit Gower Grassland on fire pretty big one too 

df0a861e-ed26-4606-9fe0-9d7fa4abcbd8.jpeg

Posted
18 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

I think I’ve found the culprit Gower Grassland on fire pretty big one too 

df0a861e-ed26-4606-9fe0-9d7fa4abcbd8.jpeg

Not sure if that would be it for us?  We are well north of you and the wind is north westerly so can’t see how that would impact us.  But then I know naff all about the subject….

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
6 hours ago, snefnug said:

I noticed that here too. Hope you all had a good Solstice day - onward now to Christmas Eve!🎄🎅

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Wetterfrosch said:

I noticed that here too. Hope you all had a good Solstice day - onward now to Christmas Eve!🎄🎅

We had a lovely Solstice - we always cook a special dinner and this year it was duck breast.   Today I will mostly be  making a Panettone cake that only needs 1 day to make, rather than traditional 3.  A good baking day I think, as it’s mostly drekky rain today.  Have a good day.  

• Like 2

Posted

Penetrating drizzle has just set in here, after a few brief breaks in the cloud earlier. 

It’s banana-bread-making time here. If I get over the ridiculously early appearance of Cadbury’s Creme Eggs in the corner shop, I might manage to pick up the enthusiasm to put some lemon frosting on my creation. 

• Like 1

Posted

Ooh I say!  I am pleased with the result.  Would never get the rise of a 3 day sourdough based proper flour Panettone but deeply deeply happy with the -visual- result.  Waiting for total cooling before the taste test.

IMG_0074.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

In fact on a baking roll.  Rolling with Talking Heads as an antidote to incessant Chreeestmas Muzak.  Streusel mince pies in the oven.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
16 hours ago, snefnug said:

Ooh I say!  I am pleased with the result.  Would never get the rise of a 3 day sourdough based proper flour Panettone but deeply deeply happy with the -visual- result.  Waiting for total cooling before the taste test.

IMG_0074.jpeg

That looks amazing!

Posted

It’s Christmas Eve - no snow and it’s warm enough to be March but at least the heatings bills will be smaller than usual!  We are definitely going to get blizzards in the New Year - in my dreams at least - but we’ll have to wait for models to catch up with my forecast!

🎄NADOLIG LLAWEN 🎄 to everyone on here and I hope you have a lovely restful and stress free day tomorrow.   🎅 🧑‍🎄 🥂 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Sky Full said:

It’s Christmas Eve - no snow and it’s warm enough to be March but at least the heatings bills will be smaller than usual!  We are definitely going to get blizzards in the New Year - in my dreams at least - but we’ll have to wait for models to catch up with my forecast!

🎄NADOLIG LLAWEN 🎄 to everyone on here and I hope you have a lovely restful and stress free day tomorrow.   🎅 🧑‍🎄 🥂 

And a Merry Christmas to you and all on here.  🎄☃️

• Like 4

Posted

Nadolig Llawen i pawb/ Merry Christmas to you all!! May the weather gods look kindly upon us mortals in 2024!🎄🎅🤞

• Like 1