Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
22 hours ago, Whether Idle said:

Snow cover disposition by Tuesday morning from the WRF his res:

https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=70&mode=26&map=5

Not good news for me unless it melts by 12:45, or to anyone coming down from Chelmsford or oxley.

21 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

Not just that, but now reporting sleet!

Clipboard02.jpg

Not true lol, was nothing falling here, the heavier stuff though probably is.

Posted

Just seen a couple of flakes fly past here and im low ,140ft asl ,so crossed fingers theres a chance of lying snow on hills 🙂

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Not good news for me unless it melts by 12:45, or to anyone coming down from Chelmsford or oxley.

Not true lol, was nothing falling here, the heavier stuff though probably is.

What's not true? It was sleeting here, and a few flakes earlier too 

Posted

Only rain here today, but I'm only at 33m asl. I'm quietly hopeful of getting a few flakes tomorrow, but I expect not nearly as much as those in the Thames streamer. A flurry would be lovely to see!

Posted

Northerners are so weird. Any mention at all in the model thread of the south and they are so offended

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

Northerners are so weird. Any mention at all in the model thread of the south and they are so offended

Yes it’s very strange. There’s a complex amongst some about the SE. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

They just hate the fact that the SE does well for snow in an E -NE'ly 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

What's not true? It was sleeting here, and a few flakes earlier too 

Yes, it was sleety here in heavier bursts too

Posted
16 minutes ago, danm said:

Agree.. it’s not a good look… I don’t see anymore than if somethings was brewing up north for example.. also it’s logical as there are more members from this area as there a larger general population..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Just started snowing here, 2.4c and DP -0.7c. Not heavy but very visible in the lights

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Wow.. I don't think anyone (in this thread, or elsewhere on forum) should be derogatory.. let alone when it is over something quite trivial as what's happening outside personally 🤔 and dependant on another's location. I get the jokes and the stereotyping but let's not use this thread to bash others? I quite like this thread being friendly, and wouldn't like it to become another mad thread where just because 1 person is from "x' or that they have the preferred weather others crave like needing a fix, it becomes either Olympic toy throwing or dissing others over a few flakes here and there. Our little regional thread has for me at least, been a nice little refuge from the mad thread. Could we keep it that way?. Pretty please? 😍 

If others are, let's call it jealous about us getting snow, or sleet  or storms or whatever.. I think that's their issue, and if they make it personal. Don't react.. rise above it and enjoy what you have. As we know, we don't get much chance to enjoy winter down here, so let's enjoy what we do get, be it a single flake (which I thought I saw earlier but might also have been bird poop... 😄) or drifts the size of mountains.

And likewise, if they get a flake (99p ones don't count!! Are they still 99p...? I digress) or a drift.. yay for them!!!

• Like 3

Posted

Now please don’t all bite my head off when I say this but ….. rain tomorrow morning before any snow? That’s what my Met Office forecast is and nothing for the evening 😞 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
1 minute ago, BLS said:

Now please don’t all bite my head off when I say this but ….. rain tomorrow morning before any snow? That’s what my Met Office forecast is and nothing for the evening 😞 

It’s marginal so who knows! It could go either way

Posted
25 minutes ago, Challock Weather said:

They just hate the fact that the SE does well for snow in an E -NE'ly 😀

A few years back when I lived a mile or so further inland but about 100m higher it snowed one evening. I posted a short video of it and was told I was lying by a non-SE member. Made me laugh.

Temp down to 3.8c DP 1.5c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, BLS said:

I'd ignore the symbols most of the time, let alone at this stage.

Not recently for obviously reasons but the amount of time they say rain but it's been dry you would not believe.

Take it as a positive it shows precipitation if at all, the rest is nowcast.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

It was just cold drizzle in Bexhill this afternoon (I was trotting in and out of the Glynde Gap shops) and the dew point has actually gone up a bit, so we'll see how the next 24 hours goes.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
14 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

A few years back when I lived a mile or so further inland but about 100m higher it snowed one evening. I posted a short video of it and was told I was lying by a non-SE member. Made me laugh.

Temp down to 3.8c DP 1.5c

I had the same insinuation leveled at me by a non southeaster in December last year when forecasted rain on the coast not only readily turned to snow but settled.

'Radar is showing rain, how can you have snow when we have rain inland etc etc.

Up on the Downs a mile from the seafront sure throws people!

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

I used to go across there most days when I worked in Brighton. Warren Road often got a belt of snow when hardly anything else did. As you can tell from my avatar I fit snow tyres in the winter, and of course up past the Nuffield everyone was sliding around like Bambi. I wasn't and was able to drive perfectly normally. Cue lots of horns and flashing headlights for my crazily dangerous speeding... 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Kentspur said:

Its weird as in the late 90s and early 00s your area often had several snowfalls that missed anywhere Strood Westwards quite often I remember this occurring as my dad lives in Dartford where I went to achool my aunty near you across the Medway. But about the last 15-18 years ive noticed it hardly ever happens now!

I blame the models 😄 seems they drive the weather according to some in the model thread 😉😉 😄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Well if you trust the met video on twitter it’s hours of snow for many, also none to settle 😂

Posted

Surprised to see some SE bashing and p!ss taking about possible snow tomorrow elsewhere. At the end of the day I'm happy for anyone who might experience snow as its rare as non corrupt politicians these days.

It's an event tomorrow as there's a chance of snow and a chance of settling snow for some.

Who wouldn't get excited for that on a site where 90% of people are hunting for snow 🙄 

Still looks like anything before Monday night is a bonus with the chance of some snow for heaviliy populated areas.

And as experience tells us sometimes it surprises us all with heavy snow and sometimes it doesn't. That's the exciting bit (and admittedly disappointing) if it doesn't work out).

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Surprised to see some SE bashing and p!ss taking about possible snow tomorrow elsewhere. At the end of the day I'm happy for anyone who might experience snow as its rare as non corrupt politicians these days.

It's an event tomorrow as there's a chance of snow and a chance of settling snow for some.

Who wouldn't get excited for that on a site where 90% of people are hunting for snow 🙄 

Still looks like anything before Monday night is a bonus with the chance of some snow for heaviliy populated areas.

And as experience tells us sometimes it surprises us all with heavy snow and sometimes it doesn't. That's the exciting bit (and admittedly disappointing) if it doesn't work out).

hello coops, how's bluebell hill these days? 

seen this???

WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

A rather cold start to the new week, with raw easterly wind in the south blowing in some snow showers on Monday, bringing a slight covering perhaps in the southeast. The rest of the week will be mostly dry, less cold...

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MAF said:

hello coops, how's bluebell hill these days? 

seen this???

WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

A rather cold start to the new week, with raw easterly wind in the south blowing in some snow showers on Monday, bringing a slight covering perhaps in the southeast. The rest of the week will be mostly dry, less cold...

Hey Mick, how's things?

Yeah good when I get back there always have good memories of the numerous snow events when others had nothing.

I think BBH will see a covering by Tuesday morning but it feels in my gut it'll be a West based event more due to wind direction