Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
1 minute ago, Coopsy said:

Hey Mick, how's things?

Yeah good when I get back there always have good memories of the numerous snow events when others had nothing.

I think BBH will see a covering by Tuesday morning but it feels in my gut it'll be a West based event more due to wind direction 

yep, i think it will miss me here in SE18, but as i am half a mile from the thames, if a steamer does brew i might get a few flakes here 😄

• Like 1

Posted

I always go back to this for a reminder how difficult it is for snow to arrive 

Posted

Just watched the latest Met Office forecast video via their app and to say it was underwhelming would be an understatement. Lets hope for surprises. 

Come to think of it I don't remember the Met O forecasting the snow that fell here beginning of December so definitely a wait and see and fingers crossed situation. 🤞 ❄️ 🌨️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Where's the best place to see DP's for a location please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Try the Charts & Data page, via the NW Homepage. . . 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I know I shouldn’t but I’ve got a weirdly good feeling about tonight for Medway.

we have seen these put a proper coating down before. It never hangs about for long but certainly has given us a real covering.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

This is a good one for current dew points. I like that you can scan back over the last few hours too to see how the cold air is moving about:

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Points de rosée en temps réel des stations de France et des pays limitrophes.

Edit: you can see the dark blues marching towards us from the east!

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Hope those further SE do well tomorrow, so much talk of cold in a weeks time. But the uppers for tomorrow are very impressive and right on our doorstep,  some places could get very lucky. Fingers crossed.

Should be a fun day in here tomorrow, nothing beats an easterly flow and tracking those snow showers and streamers!

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 6

Posted

Looking at the radar now and the most recent met office high res ukv model (looking at wind convergence), we should be looking out for some streamer development from about 22.00 onwards. Radar is currently showing nada in the way of precipitation so I'm looking to see what starts to fire up from about ten this evening. 

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, NewEra21 said:

Hope those further SE do well tomorrow, so much talk of cold in a weeks time. But the uppers for tomorrow are very impressive and right on our doorstep,  some places could get very lucky. Fingers crossed.

Should be a fun day in here tomorrow, nothing beats an easterly flow and tracking those snow showers and streamers!

This spell next weekend is likely to be a complete non event away from Scotland / NE IMHO. Nobody dare say it in the MOD thread but its quietly downgrading all the time. If we see any snow tomorrow best we enjoy it even if its not much.

Problem for tomorrow is that pressure is high and rising which is dramatically reducing potential. Normally with that depth of cold you would get some punchy showers. Likely mostly flurries though.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Tomorrow in London? 😁 That said, things are looking quite good! 

image.thumb.png.589d1e59041ff428bcaea93bfd749e52.png   image.thumb.png.3014e7a75dfad32c459568159861292e.png

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all 🙂

Here in East London, I wouldn't be surprised to see snow falling tomorrow but I'd be more surprised to see any lying for any length of time.

• Like 2

Posted

I am starting to get worried tomorrow will be nothing more than a flurry, I am worried about the potential for rain in the morning 😞 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, BLS said:

I am starting to get worried tomorrow will be nothing more than a flurry, I am worried about the potential for rain in the morning 😞 

It can only ever be a few flurries. Air pressure is going to be very high tomorrow. Its actually surprising that we will even see flurries given just how far pressure is rising.  

• Like 1

Posted

Another disappointing Country file forecast. Charts suggesting uppers of -10 -12 over Kent tomorrow and yet a ground temp of 5! 

Posted
Just now, jright35 said:

Another disappointing Country file forecast. Charts suggesting uppers of -10 -12 over Kent tomorrow and yet a ground temp of 5! 

I just don't get this.. -8 has served me well as 0 at ground baseline..-10 and below is definitely 0

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature
2.3°C

OutsideTempHistory-3.thumb.gif.d5e3d1e57cbaca8c70162d181912856b.gif

Have begun to watch for sub-zero temperature, it may be a push looking at weather station graph though. It has been wall-to-wall sunshine 🌞 here today which has been a lovely surprise.

Did the app thing, as you do for poops n giggles when it's an Easterly ish wind direction, the 🌨️ symbols have appeared for here but only bare minimum hourly events 🤭

Edited by ChillyJuju
Typo

Posted
1 minute ago, jright35 said:

That really is the absolute maximum temperature that can be expected - it won't get that high especially inland away from the coast 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jason M said:

It can only ever be a few flurries. Air pressure is going to be very high tomorrow. Its actually surprising that we will even see flurries given just how far pressure is rising.  

I tend to agree I am kind of confused as to why I’ve seen some online (not here) saying kent could see up to 5cm tomorrow 🤔 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
1 minute ago, BLS said:

I tend to agree I am kind of confused as to why I’ve seen some online (not here) saying kent could see up to 5cm tomorrow 🤔 

Maybe not quite that much but models do tend do under do convection in these scenarios with streamers and the very cold 850s should lead to some decent showers generating due to the differential with the sea temperatures despite the higher pressure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
11 minutes ago, Jason M said:

This spell next weekend is likely to be a complete non event away from Scotland / NE IMHO. Nobody dare say it in the MOD thread but its quietly downgrading all the time. If we see any snow tomorrow best we enjoy it even if its not much.

Problem for tomorrow is that pressure is high and rising which is dramatically reducing potential. Normally with that depth of cold you would get some punchy showers. Likely mostly flurries though.

I do tend to agree, and a northerly never really delivers anything much for the SE anyway. 

The initial promise of a East/NErly flow looked very promising for next weekend onwards. Unfortunately that has become more of a northerly, which looks more of a struggle with each run.

A few flakes and a freezing cold day tomorrow would be a nice at least!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
12 minutes ago, BLS said:

What's this based on? Not the metO symbols again surely??