Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

They are getting excited on the main model thread with good signs midweek onwards that we may start to see some of the white stuff, hopefully this chase might just be a bit more productive than other chases we have endured this winter, seems a long time since we've had a decent dumping.🤞

• Like 1

Posted

Yellow Snow Warning.... for just to say my house lol

Thursday / Friday Met Alert, go onto app and it shows rain 😂

Edited by NorthEastSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms
3 hours ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Yellow Snow Warning.... for just to say my house lol

Thursday / Friday Met Alert, go onto app and it shows rain 😂

I don't think the front will reach as far north as me but areas around Boro/Stockton might do well tbh 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

I’d be amazed if any low levels saw anything better than wet snow from this to be honest. Love to be wrong 

Posted

This will go down to the wire, who will be right and who will be very very wrong, the GFS or the others, I’m sitting on the fence!

Posted

Still think the best chance for us is Friday / Saturday as winds turn to an easterly with plenty of showers out to sea. Keeps it a bit more interesting anyway, sick of wind! 

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Surprised there was no warning for wind, it’s wild out there tonight

Strange. We were wild this morning but completely calm currently 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The temps are going to have to drop a hell of a lot before low levels see much in the way of snow...

image.thumb.png.2bf7dc09ca60bfd8ecfb92caa9983dce.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Summer Sun

I'm expecting sleet at best in darlo. Most likely cold rain. Must admit im about ready for spring now, the chases we've had this winter have been pretty long and drawn out and have amounted to practically nowt. Too early to give a rating out of ten for this winter but so far it's been pretty poor. 

Posted

Can't see much from this system on Thursday, maybe sleet but more rain.

However Met Office are still quite bullish about it ( probs more on high ground) but also bullish about things next week with snow showers along coasts and then further on an E/NE with East facing coasts again seeing wintry weather.

Not sure why but it just doesnt feel like it for me, maybe because it's been so mild recently, though did feel quite a bit colder this evening with the cold front coming down from the North.

What's everybody else's thoughts for the next couple of weeks ?

Edited by Gizzy

Posted

I am very dubious of snowfall next week, we have been promised so much but it always seems to go tits up at the last moment. 
Take the movement or should I say lack of movement of this weeks low, it was predicted to go east well we know what’s happened, it does not give one confidence for any predictions

Still we live in hope that during the next 4 weeks our winter wonderland will happen.

Posted

Beginning of winter was pretty good. Had a decent covering early December but since then it's been very poor. Very mild and often windy. Not alot of frost around. Is this what our winters are becoming? All the background signals and drivers have gone AWOL. I'm now after some warmth. Nothing worse than a cold march/april

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Phil Blake Agree Phil started off ok but the constant wind has made this an awful winter. If we can’t have the beast then roll on them warm spring days

Posted

Met keeps going on the warnings for my area but I can't see anything but rain, Guess they're the professionals so clearly see something I don't, or do they. 🌧️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Just checked the Met Web site and its continuing to say easterlies and snow showers with cold next week and the week after. Is it using out of date information? I don't know what they are seeing really. They are the professionals I guess. 

Posted

NorthEastSnow  Continental Climate

I am at a loss with the Met Office, they have remained bullish on this outcome for a long time now, cold Feb, easterly, north easterly etc and remained bullish that tomorrow's event will be a snow event even at low levels before turning to sleet/rain, not quite sure what to think but for sure I would rather be reading it from them than the mad thread.

I guess a case of wait and see.

Posted

Disappointing that Met Office have a major downgrade in their updated outlook.

Oh well let's kick through February then give me some early spring.

Posted

Gizzy

Think it was always going to happen with what models are showing which is a shame because it looked to some what favour us with north east winds mentioned. 
Bring on the warm weather, we will hope for it more tomorrow when we get freezing cold weather rain! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

I'm not seeing any major downgrade from the Met, its still going with possible easterly winds and in the extended with easterly or north winds for the rest of Feb, onto tomorrow's event, elevation over 200 metres needed for Snow imo, sleet to lower ground not sure why we are under a warning in Darlington 

Posted

Well the front seems to have moved in faster than forecast. Wether that'll mean snow for lower levels remains to be seen