Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into 2024

Catacol
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for model related chat and discussion only.
Please head over to the Winter chat thread if your post isn't about the models. If you'd like localised weather chat, make sure you've joined your regional group. Or if you just want to moan about the weather or models, or would like to ramp up whatever may be on the way - there is now a dedicated ramp and moans thread.

Please use the insightful reaction on posts you think should be copied to the model highlights thread.

As ever, please keep to the community guidelines, the guiding principles of which are:
Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
3 minutes ago, RainAllNight said:

Your post prompted me to look for model output discussion threads from around that time... for some reason the nearest one I could find is this one, from six months later, but it is still interesting to see:

Very interesting some names on here back then which are still around..amazing😊 thanks for that!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Looks like the signal for retrogression is growing tonight..

EC46 might reveal more...

EC46 headline - consistent.

Positive height anomalies still showing to our north-west throughout most of the run and even appearing over Scandi into Feb. I know pressure anomaly charts can be misleading but it still looks pretty good 

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, LRD said:

Positive height anomalies still showing to our north-west throughout most of the run and even appearing over Scandi into Feb. I know pressure anomaly charts can be misleading but it still looks pretty good 

I’m glad to see that they are finally showing over scandi for February. This is what I told @Catacol would be my favoured next step from Greenland heights. Greenland/Scandi/Greenland…. Very 196……..? 

3 minutes ago, swfc said:

They don't listen mate uto/utm🤔🤔

It’s draining 😂😂 but everyone’s entitled to their own opinion! UTM/UTO (both of us improving 😂)

• Like 8

Posted
2 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

I’m glad to see that they are finally showing over scandi for February. This is what I told @Catacol would be my favoured next step from Greenland heights. Greenland/Scandi/Greenland…. Very 196……..? 

It’s draining 😂😂 but everyone’s entitled to their own opinion! UTM/UTO (both of us improving 😂)

Indeed. It's a weak signal as you'd expect this far out but something to keep an eye on 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

For fun here is the KMA - to be fair the whole run is good. Better early doors too 👌🥶

IMG_2289.png

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, LRD said:

Indeed. It's a weak signal as you'd expect this far out but something to keep an eye on 

Fits an MJO signal to enter cod and quickly into Phase 6 off the back of a still reasonable GWO Phase and associated Glaam as I don’t expect these to drop a huge amount before being on the way up again 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
4 minutes ago, LRD said:

Ties in with Tamara's thoughts from yesterday (I think it was yesterday.....lost track of the days over the festive period). Anyway, she mentioned heights shuffling between Greenland, Iceland and Scandinavia as I recall...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Looks like the signal for retrogression is growing tonight..

EC46 might reveal more...

Anyone else having an  issue  with ec website ?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

Anyone else having an  issue  with ec website ?

Yes. I just managed to catch the latest run before it crashed

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Yeah..

Not working ..

1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Yeah I am mate

@LRD managed to get in there before it went awol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
14 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

The high could do a shuffle? 😃

“A shuffling high”. The best term I’ve heard in a long time.😃👌 @Tamara

Edited by That ECM
  • Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, That ECM said:

The high could do a shuffle? 😃

“A shuffling high”. The best term I’ve heard in a long time.😃👌 @Tamara

😂😂 yeah the year of the shuffling high! Pretty much the holy grail if the jigsaw pieces fall in the right places! We have an atmosphere ripe for it right into the heart of February!

• Like 2