Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into 2024

Catacol
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for model related chat and discussion only.
Please head over to the Winter chat thread if your post isn't about the models. If you'd like localised weather chat, make sure you've joined your regional group. Or if you just want to moan about the weather or models, or would like to ramp up whatever may be on the way - there is now a dedicated ramp and moans thread.

Please use the insightful reaction on posts you think should be copied to the model highlights thread.

As ever, please keep to the community guidelines, the guiding principles of which are:
Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
2 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

They see some retrogression of sorts

image.thumb.png.4dad5ce40ed340ecbe0fce68d519400e.png

"Into the following week, as the high is forecast to build further to the west, there is an increasing likelihood of northerly winds developing, introducing colder air once more. With this comes the risk of snow showers"

It doesn't sound like a Greenland high. Some people will be disappointed by that as it lessens the likelihood  of deep cold, but if a mid latitude  block is far enough away to deliver a decent  northerly, I don't mind so much from an imby perspective. I'd love severe cold, but it's snow I am ultimately after.  Hopefully others could get in on the action in time  too.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
5 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

The period of interest is actually beginning to show on mogreps . Just look 👀 at the 85Os beginning to plummet especially further north where we expect the change to take place , the signs are there further south slightly later . Now lets hope the signal counts down and bolsters .

15BC44E1-C492-4765-8DDB-4C3BC66D95B9.png

233D96DC-86AA-4501-9CC0-F3D873C4FC66.png

80171CD7-284E-4287-B527-DFA621EADDAC.png

Yes and strongly suggests a northerly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, Jason M said:

The good news though is that the day 12 charts that everybody will get depressed about today are just as big a waste of pixels as the day 12 charts people were ramping yesterday 😂.

In other words don't believe anything GFS shows at a certain range!...no point of looking at it past 240z.

As I've mentioned before how little drama there'd be if you only followed the ECM and UKMO most winters but then again I know a number of posters get a buzz out of the chase whatever the outcome even though the success rate must probably be at 20/25% in such scenarios. Still all to play for and I for one would be surprised to see the Atlantic back in the next 2 weeks or so but without trying to sound like the new Ian Brown we are now in the 'large teapot so who knows!. 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

In other words don't believe anything GFS shows at a certain range!...no point of looking at it past 240z.

As I've mentioned before how little drama there'd be if you only followed the ECM and UKMO most winters but then again I know a number of posters get a buzz out of the chase whatever the outcome even though the success rate must probably be at 20/25% in such scenarios. Still all to play for and I for one would be surprised to see the Atlantic back in the next 2 weeks or so but without trying to sound like the new Ian Brown we are now in the 'large teapot so who knows!. 🙂

20-25% success rate would make this an easy hobby 🤣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Well deep fi on GFS isn’t following the AAM response posted by Matt Hugo yesterday.  Are we about to it not become as important a driver this time round?

fascinating change in GFS given what may be on the table.  Wobble or right….only the next 7 days will tell us the answer for midmonth

One expects a wax and wane even with nirvana…..but today GFS isn’t really waxing before it wanes.  The main thing currently is there’s a lot of runs to come by all models….but next week will likely confirm the way forward….not today, tomorrow or yesterday 

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 minute ago, frosty ground said:

20-25% success rate would make this an easy hobby 🤣

All guess work! I think I might have overplayed that... 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
42 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

Let's keep on model discussion please all.

Any further discussions on the Met O or BBC outlooks please post over to here where the last few have gone.

Thanks.

I'd suggest a look on the thread😜

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

ICON 12z looks like it is decent so far, amplification starting towards Greenland already at T+132

Edited by Mcconnor8
  • Like 3

Posted

So far the coldest 850 value moving west into the east se in relation to the easterly .

Arpege -10 

ICON -8

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

image.thumb.png.53dcbb3a1c25096b2c2df890b5d245cc.pngimage.thumb.png.7b817c8bc770b974de8c750d4aecc530.png

Icon 12z goes from this to this in the last 24 hours of the run, cold beginning to head South.

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

So far coldest 850 value moving west .

Arpege -10 

ICON -8

Good idea.. evens! gfs is no better than -6

Posted

yes its ICON - but its a model and I'm posting this day 7.5 beauty....

image.thumb.png.09dea88563f250cd2724c47dc917aee8.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, TSNWK said:

If now the GFS and UKMO follow that , this place will melt down - speeding things up and with a great METO update to go with it. 

Edited by Ali1977
  • Like 6

Posted
Just now, Ali1977 said:

If now the GFS and UKMO follow that , this place will melt down - speeding things up and with a great METO update to go with it. 

It's picture perfect to my eyes. Energy going under heights robust into Greenland and vortex heading south

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

1 looking good 3 to go.😄🙏

IMG_0785.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
6 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Yes, good start to the 12z runs, and the best thing is it is nothing like the GFS runs earlier today at the same time.  

• Like 3