Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well the talk that it was going to be colder this week than lasts ,is total rubbish in my location.  This time last week was perishing with that bitter easterly wind. We've got another two days of cold left in the bottle  before it turns milder on  Friday. Cold week my Axxe 😂

• Like 1

Posted

Embarrassing regional weather forecast on Good Morning Britain this morning. I haven't see something as bad as this. This is what happens when you don't do a live weather broadcast. The bulk of NW England was affected by snow as this was being aired.

• Like 2

Posted

Its all starting up again in the MAD thread and once again its all FI stuff, 29th Jan and beyond  - its quite sadistic what they're doing to themselves.

Don't get me wrong I hope it comes off but it seems like you need a 1001 things to be perfectly aligned for it to happen

Just now, Weather-history said:

Embarrassing regional weather forecast on Good Morning Britain this morning. I haven't see something as bad as this. This is what happens when you don't do a live weather broadcast. The bulk of NW England was affected by snow as this was being aired.

That is shocking

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

That is very bizzare.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Its all starting up again in the MAD thread and once again its all FI stuff, 29th Jan and beyond  - its quite sadistic what they're doing to themselves.

Don't get me wrong I hope it comes off but it seems like you need a 1001 things to be perfectly aligned for it to happen

That is shocking

Yes ,some people never learn! There chasing charts at T+300 from the gfs because the 12z run showed a Scandi high at such a silly time frame. TBH , it's getting very boring now, how many times have we seen this before.....!😃

h850t850eu-17.webp

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

These days I'd imagine these are just computer generated with no human input. Bit like the countless useless apps with have these days too. We need Ceefax and Oracle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That is shocking

If January is anything to go by, it'll all start off with "fantastic" ice age-style deep freeze charts, which will get delayed and pushed back multiple times, before a watered down version will produce a few days of below average and one day of snow before milder conditions storm back in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
33 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

childhood! I remember her, thought she was utterly useless, cannot remember now if she did ITV national or central ITV or Midlands today in 90's

Posted
1 minute ago, raz.org.rain said:

If January is anything to go by, it'll all start off with "fantastic" ice age-style deep freeze charts, which will get delayed and pushed back multiple times, before a watered down version will produce a few days of below average and one day of snow before milder conditions storm back in.

Spot on. 

There were even references to 1947 & 1963 in the last chase!

I might be wrong but with SSTs being so much warmer now (~+2.5c) coupled with a shrinking arctic ice-mass, I don’t think it would be possible to repeat those winter now….

Ah well, let the crazy kids carry on, it’s entertaining

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and cold

There is some cold weather 10 days away,

let’s hope it gets us before a sunny May,

10 days away, 10 days away 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
46 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Spot on. 

There were even references to 1947 & 1963 in the last chase!

I might be wrong but with SSTs being so much warmer now (~+2.5c) coupled with a shrinking arctic ice-mass, I don’t think it would be possible to repeat those winter now….

Ah well, let the crazy kids carry on, it’s entertaining

Aye, I don’t think a 1963 is possible anymore. 

Posted

Again, if you look at the Net Weather Radar and click on 'weather type' you can see the snow is pretty much reserved for Scotland, not sure how accurate this is, but it got spot on here where we have had sleet showers at best..hardly a remarkable cold spell.

Posted
Just now, Scott Ingham said:

Yea typo sorry! 2 weeks earlier!

This cold of 2018 was impressive. Still at the fourth of march I was able to skate. The 28th of February had a record cold tmax. Which is in our warming world quite remarkable. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, sebastiaan1973 said:

This cold of 2018 was impressive. Still at the fourth of march I was able to skate. The 28th of February had a record cold tmax. Which is in our warming world quite remarkable. 

It was a fabulous spell and it involved nearly all the British isles! The east and south east and Scotland especially hit hard with showers from the North Sea and a normally barren south west and south wales got the mother of all channel lows giving 40-50cms in some parts. My girlfriend at the time from Abergavenny measured 49cms! I was jealous as I was back in Yorkshire at the time!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
2 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

It was a fabulous spell and it involved nearly all the British isles! The east and south east and Scotland especially hit hard with showers from the North Sea and a normally barren south west and south wales got the mother of all channel lows giving 40-50cms in some parts. My girlfriend at the time from Abergavenny measured 49cms! I was jealous as I was back in Yorkshire at the time!

Think I would have visited. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, That ECM said:

Think I would have visited. 🤣🤣🤣

😂😂 I tried! Believe me! A week away when I could see the potential I tried to get the time away from work but it wasn’t enough notice unfortunately! Gutted! She bombarded me with pictures and videos on WhatsApp! 😂😂 we split 2 months later…. Think that was the bringing of the end!

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

almost all of NA covered in snow right down to the gulf of Mexico

gfs_nh-sat1_seaice-snowc_d1.png

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
4 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

She was short then Scott 😱😱 

soz 😔 I’ll get my winter 🧥 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
Just now, Crackerjack said:

She was short then Scott 😱😱 

soz 😔 I’ll get my winter 🧥 

I’ll just reply with 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 as I think we’re derailing the chat n will get into trouble soon!

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

almost all of NA covered in snow right down to the gulf of Mexico

gfs_nh-sat1_seaice-snowc_d1.png

for now it is, i watched an update video from Mark Sudduth, who has been capturing some Lake Effect Snow over there

They are moving from extreme negative anomalies to extreme positive in a short space of time. A more extreme version of what is about to happen in the Uk. From extreme cold to extreme warmth, i'm thinking cracked pipes & pavements.. they are in for an interesting time over there 

Posted
4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s like watching tramps fight over a 3 day old kebab

• Like 1