Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

24c, clear blue skies, windy, typical Fuert day😎👍🍻

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

*Stormforce~beka* wow you are seriously unlucky! 

IMG_2479.thumb.jpeg.2d1d127d28431f410ef029ab95f0b2f9.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Another warm day here. Slight cooling breeze but with no edge to it so it actually feels quite nice.

Around 21C here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Comfortably mid twenties here. Pity the motorcyclists at the NW200 wrapped in leathers in that heat today.

• Like 1

Posted

Alderc 2.0 The 03z downgraded the heat a bit, a bit of a bust really that as we have achieved 25C. Location also wrong.

image.thumb.png.8099044098e6a8a178be5383a5f97de5.png

On the plus side it did call the cool weather in coastal areas e.g. Bridlington correctly. You can't win them all I guess. For tomorrow, after a wobble a day or two ago, UKV still going for 27C for the second time in a row.

image.thumb.png.c1b682d6c27e01c45134956ce0988a88.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

For a update for the next week going by forecasts and models Monday looks awful with a front bringing rain and suppressed temps, Tuesday and Wednesday look showery but at least it seems more sunshine and showers convective than prolonged frontal rainfall as the low weakens and moves south into France and Thursday to the weekend looks decent with sunny spells and drier. Not a return to wall to wall sunshine and heat but a lot of pleasant usable weather forecast. 

• Like 3

Posted

Catbrainz For your location admittedly a very poor day for mid-May on Monday. Definitely not the case everywhere though.

image.thumb.png.ba49dfc659883f34bdf8aa047faacd31.png

I think it will be a case of who dodges the showers and sees the most clear spells. Looks like eastern areas favoured on Monday but that may shift later on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

WYorksWeather My areas around that 20 near the border hope the front stays clear of my area for a good bit until later on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

timing of front for Monday, staying to the SW, looking like Tuesday could be the washout for my area, 

Posted

matt brid I can see the large bank of sea fret to the east but thankfully it has stayed away today and we reached 17.9C. Its close and the easterly wind has picked up so its only 14.8C now, but at least its still sunny. I imagine around 6-7pm it'll roll back in and then it'll be like being sent back to winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

24c at the moment, could squeeze a 25c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Clouded over here now, albeit still warm.

Does this mean it’s the beginning of the end of this lovely spell of weather we have endured?  Was kinda hoping we could last the weekend with it so those of us who were stuck at work Tues - Fri could enjoy it.  

I don’t want it to go just yet.  😢😢

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The Met Office forecast for here shows Tuesday being the only day below 20C now, and the only day with rain. After that it’s back into the low 20s with sunny spells and dry weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Will be very very thankful for the cooling down next week, currently nearly £5 a day on ac in May!!! Not happy at all. Plus the hayfever is on a new all time level, feel shocking. May by far is the worst month of the year, heat spikes like this only prolong the misery for folk like myself.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Incase last night couldn't have been better with the aurora, got lucky with the sun popping out below cloud and lining up perfectly with Coventry in the distance. 

DSCF73582.thumb.JPG.5b700b1e3098a70f2f0dea1469fbf21b.JPGDSCF73622.thumb.JPG.a93272d1973d904fa79148d2b0aa0f9c.JPGDSCF73632.thumb.JPG.8f9b38dfa3c789a96c29cdd0d084b7f8.JPGDSCF73652.thumb.JPG.98387ea8a96b10ec0d6733ab09850459.JPG

Thunderstorm risk tomorrow and next week perhaps doesn't look as unsettled with pleasant days forecast; I feel our luck is turning and good things are coming into the second half of this year 🤞

• Like 4

Saturday wasn't uncomfortable. I know some may disagree & argue that the heat was uncomfortable. I personally believe it was balanced again. There's a calming breeze that keeps you cooler. Unfortunately, I think there will be some complaints tomorrow for Sunday. I have a feeling that it's going to reach a level of uncomfortable for some. Usually, the moment it gets closer to 30 degrees is when most people start to complain. I always ask myself this question; why does it feel like it always gets hotter on weekends? & why does it also feel like Sunday is always the day where the heat rises to a much higher level? It's not just me that's noticed this. Right? - I know some people will say that the heat has outstayed its welcome. I know this is being written as a "mini-heatwave" - I just agree that the fact it started early in May is disappointing. It's unfortunate. I'd much rather it started later in May. I definitely think that this year's summer is going to be hated by many. Just for the fact that it's going to be a brutal summer with continuous delayed heatwaves that cause even the most tolerable person towards heat to suffer... Overall, it's an okay month. I think some of us didn't want Summer Heatwaves to start this early...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
Posted (edited)

This spell, whilst lovely, has felt a lot warmer than it actually has been thanks to the very slow warm up this year, thus being accustomed to much cooler temps. In reality, this spell has been nothing out of the ordinary for May and I don't think it will go down in history as being a particularly memorable one.

Hoping there will be plenty more spells like this one over the next few months, with some thunderstorms added in.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted

SakuraOwl outstayed it’s welcome? It’s been here 3 days.

It’s been like 23-24 degrees so hardly a heatwave either.

Jesus Christ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Alderc 2.0 Whitecliff no?

• Like 1

Posted

Another lovely day here but surprisingly not quite as warm as yesterday. I was convinced it was going to end up warmer this afternoon as temperatures were comfortably warmer this morning than the same time yesterday.

Just after midday the easterly/southeasterly breeze picked up and seems to have prevented the temps rising much higher.