Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Back to reality today. 17c, full clag, and a chilly breeze. Coats and jackets abound in city.

Today was originally looking to be semi-decent with 19c and quite sunny by around 1pm or so but that's been completely scrapped now.

Wednesday probably the only decent day this week for warmth and sun. Pretty poor.

PXL_20240513_112331380.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

In Absence of True Seasons I think we'll get some sunny spells later this afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Well, the sun and warmth was nice while it lasted. Back to chilly breeze and overcast. Yuck

• Like 2

Honestly speaking, I've read some complaints about how it's too cold outside. Depending on where you're from... My friend is from London. I visited London a few years ago from my own hometown. However, they have shared with me that it's not too cold at all. They also shared with me that the warmth recently was uncomfortable. I've done some research myself; London looks to be cooler today. I'm not sure why people are complaining about the weather though. I'm aware that most places right now are experiencing dull skies. There's still some warmth from what I've been told. There's also apparently still a breeze to keep those who don't like heat feeling comfortable too. Would it be fair to say that this feels more like balanced weather? I guess... but I think people are being overdramatic. It's not bad weather. It's not even good weather. It's just okay, mid-weather. It feels very mid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

SakuraOwl I have a preference for sunny, warm or hot weather. The current weather is neither of those things in my opinion, and I'm expressing my disappointment at that fact. Your friend's opinion happens to not align with mine, and that's fine, because the world would be boring if everyone had the same opinion.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

16c outside, 20c indoors, feels sort of refreshing. I would go to say this was the most pleasant spring warm spell since 2020. Helped to dry things up nicely while also not being insanely hot or a 2 day heat spike like we often get these days, just in the perfect area of low to mid 20s. A slight shame not much of a thundery breakdown around here, with any thunderstorms passing to my north / west yesterday.

Speaking of thunderstorms it's been a much more inactive year up to this point compared to last year, but plenty more chances to come i'm quite confident in that. This week isn't looking too bad either, warmish but could be a bit wet in some places. I can still see this May having the chance to be the warmest on record in modern times, overtaking 1947, 1992, 2008, 2018 etc.

About 85 hours of sunshine this month so far, average for May is 191 so a fair more needed to reach that, but should be doable I reckon.

• Like 2

Posted

A lot more comfortable today, upper teens and sunshine is all I need tbh. Hope it stays this way till September 😁

• Like 2

Posted

Today is actually the best day of this spell here, we've got blue skies rather than white and no onshore breeze. Currently 22.3C so the warmest day of the year so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Quoted from the models thread @Scorcher but we saw something similar in March too. It didn't translate to anything exceptional on the ground but the 850hPa was quite something for the time of year. I wonder if we'll see some absurd upper temperatures through summer too?

5 hours ago, Scorcher said:

The persistence of the warm air for this time of year is quite remarkable on this morning's runs.

No exceptional warmth but consistently above average 850 hPa temps for most of the UK into the weekend and probably beyond.

The chances of a 14C+ month are increasing all the time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Miserable day here today, overcast with a chilly wind. Makes you think yesterday was just a dream and now you’ve came back to reality 😔

• Like 2

Posted

Sunny first thing, then the cloud rolled in, now some good sunny spells again. 19c

IMG_2492.thumb.jpeg.6f663819afce70ebd3c661940cc34de9.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

After a cloudy early morning it's clear skies but very windy. 24c. Not as hot as same time last May '23.

20240513_150359.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

danm

Hoping that that's heading this way! I'm in central today and it does not look anything like that photo lol. Admittedly its less gloomy than earlier but certainly very little blue visible and more-or-less still completely overcast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It’s now raining here.  The end.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
Posted (edited)

An odd breakdown here.

Yesterday saw Ac Cast at times and almost looked thundery, but as is typical for this area in these kinds of setup, no thunder appeared.

Indeed the fairly small amounts of cloud dissipated in the evening to leave clear conditions by sunset.

Then, oddly, sometime towards midnight, low cloud came in apparently from nowhere. There was no sign of it around 9pm.

This has remained throughout today and has recently started producing light or moderate rain. Not even interestingly convective, more like a rough day in October. Is it too early to use the A-word? 😉

Not the first time this time of year, either. The Coronation Monday (May 8th) last year was distinctly Maytumnal.

Whatever, not especially welcome, even though since Friday I've been expecting a poor spell of weather. We've already had way too much of this kind of weather for the past 10.5 months.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Cloud just is. It is what it is and it's always here! I'm just not surprised to see it. In fact I'm more surprised to not see it!

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons variable cloud. I’d say we have about 30% blue sky, 70% cloud again now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
Posted (edited)

richie3846So do you mean higher or lower for London? Charts show a somewhat-cyclonic easterly which could mean either warm or cold this time of year.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
Posted (edited)

AWD What will probably help in terms of rainfall totals is that the low is generally centred W, SW or S of us, so the winds will be less southwesterly than was expected a few days ago. This will likely lead to less rain but agree it doesn't look overly sunny.

Nonetheless, looking at the models it's never really settled right out to FI. There always seem to be lows quite close by, albeit not especially intense, and with winds from an easterly point at times. It looks like there will be further spells of quite heavy rain every few days, admittedly with calmer conditions in between. Another month which is both cloudier and wetter than normal is still my bet, even though it won't, I suspect, be dramatically wet. But still waiting for a month that is drier and sunnier than average...

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted

baddie Less here. I would restrict it to 6th, 7th, 8th, 23rd, 24th and 30th.

One of these was bright with hail showers (23rd) but arguably that counts as spring-like, at least for the first half of spring.

Posted
Posted (edited)

Catbrainz Re the Alaska location: overall, it looks a bit like our climate in some ways, but much wetter, but with temps around 3C lower in both summer and winter.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

It looks like we're not far off from seeing the second warmest May CET. If we continue on this course, 2024 could easily be the warmest year. So far everything is pointing towards a very warm summer.

WWW.THEWEATHEROUTLOOK.COM

Could the UK have a very warm summer with lengthy dry periods?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Gutted to not have been able to enjoy the plentiful sunshine and warmth we had the weekend due to working 12 hour day on both days, day off today and it’s cool and raining all day…someone hates me 

we have received 17mm rain so far to add what we’ve already received so it’s a certain we will have yet another wetter than average month…as far as sunshine goes I think it’s going to be touch and go if we reach average monthly sunshine which Is 195 hours for May…I think we are on 85 hours so far 

We have got to be due a really nice summer after what most of us have endured weather wise for far too long.

raz.org.rain can we point towards a sunny summer too please 😑

• Like 3