Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

TwisterGirl81 Yeah, I mean we shall see how accurate it is as the week passes but fingers crossed that their more optimistic forecast is more realistic! Its much better for the mind to see a more positive outlook. Always thought their forecasts have been far too pessimistic hence why I started using BBC and its turned out that their pessimistic outlook for this week just gone was not very accurate so this new update could be just the tonic 🤞

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.

Azazel I've just done an average for the summers of this decade so far and it averages an impressive 16.7 in the CET zone rounded off meaning effectively our summers this decade so far have been hot.   Always a good idea to do averages in my books, even if summers haven't been particularly sunny it doesn't mean that they haven't been hot or had heat spikes.   We will find out this year if our trend since 2020 can manifest itself.    

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Metwatch been using  this for a while and it's as bad as the old one.Feel the met forecasts over the last year or so have become poorer   

Posted

johncam whereas the weather channel provides excellent forecasts, also Chilterns weather alerts on facebook are spot on too.   

• Like 1

Posted

Azazel Now you're just sounding like a twit, I don't appreciate your sarcasm either. Anyway winning the EuroMillions and Rihanna giving you a shoutout is more likely than it not raining at all for 5 months straight in this country and before you say something smart about my statement about Rihanna, all you have to do is text her on Facebook and there's a chance albeit incredibly small that she'll give you a shoutout especially if you're a big fan. 

Posted
Posted (edited)

Azazel exactly this. Personally I’d be very happy if the daily temperature record was broken by 5C every day until the end of September. Will it happen off course not. But given how changeable and how poor our climate is it doesn’t stop me hoping or wanting the absolute best outcome. 

Given my situation my dislike of our climate has exponentially increased during the last week knowing I shouldn’t even be here.

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Wade how am I sounding like a twit? Because I pointed out the difference between hope and expectation for you? If you don’t appreciate my sarcasm I suggest you take your own advice and stop doling it out to others in this very thread. 

It doesn’t matter which of these hypothetical scenarios is more likely - that’s not the point - the point is that I HOPE it doesn’t rain between now and November. I don’t EXPECT it not to. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Azazel I think we ought to put this debate to bed before the moderators issue us points. Hope you have a pleasant day.

Posted

The rain's arrived in all its glory🙄

• Thanks 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

Andy Bown Im also thinking that with it warming up in land and a cold sea that sea mist is being factored into our forecast, winds are going to fall light always a bad combination at this time of year, hopefully pick up a light easterly breeze off the land.

Edited by KTtom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
Posted (edited)

Two weekends in a row which turned out better than what was forecast. For that reason, my hopes for the upcoming settled spell have risen. By the looks of the forecast it won't be particularly sunny, but we'll see.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

Weather Enthusiast91 obviously the NAO has been in a much better state than first thought, we just now need the AO to follow suit and it'll be happy days.   

• Like 1

Posted

Bristawl Si it's gone cloudy in my neck of the woods but not raining currently.   Think Lakenheath is the warmest destination currently at 20 C.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
1 hour ago, raz.org.rain said:

Cloudy here but 18°-20°c with no breeze or rain

Sunny and warm now, pretty classic spring day 

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* as things are currently I have no faith in the bbc forecasts at all, downplaying everything when the weather could turn out to be excellent.   The weather channel are way ahead of them in terms of accuracy.   

• Like 3

Posted

Metwatch thanks for the heads up. I've just switched to the new way and it's very different to the previous forecast. The app was completely useless for Swindon. I don't know what caused it, but basically almost every day from April to October, 3c needed adding on to the temps and 1c taking off Brize Norton. Also, apparently Swindon was the cloudiest place on the planet, and often in clear blue conditions, the app would still say cloudy. There was a day this week where the forecast still insisted it was 13c when it was closer to 17c. The new forecast does now seem to resemble what is likely to happen this coming week with pressure building. 

A couple of months ago I fed back to the met office because they were putting out forecasts with 6c difference between Brize Norton and Swindon. I travel every day around Oxfordshire, north Wiltshire and east Gloucestershire, and I'm certain beyond doubt that Swindon and Brize Norton are virtually the same temperature on average, less than 1c difference. I started turning to the BBC for a more accurate reflection and just using the met for rain radar. I'm very pleased to see they are sorting this sort of problem out with their new calculations. One would expect the main boys in the business to be the gold standard. Their location forecasts haven't been anywhere near gold standard in recent times. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

markyo Isn’t autumn your favourite season, where the ‘stench of death’ is literally everywhere?

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another decent day here in Czechia. More cloud but some good sunny spells with scattered thunderstorms (sadly, none hit my location). A respectable and pleasant 21°C attained. 

IMG_1477.jpeg

IMG_1483.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely morning / lunchtime period here. Clouded over a bit this afternoon and a fair bit cooler but all in all a pretty decent day. Max of 17-18C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I'm sure the models were saying this weekend would be a cool washout, instead it's turned out pleasantly warm and sunny. Even had to dig the desk fan out of the loft.

• Like 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

The new grout's been down 48 hours and the rain we've had in last couple of hours really brings out the colours of the indian sandstone slabs (i did jetwash them with a black spot remover solution and water the other week).

20240505_175859.jpg

Edited by Bristawl Si
  • Like 3