Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Had Worse been and gone by 9, a bit tight going through the front door but we now have a kitchen completely taken over by an American fridge freezer😂

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Not sure on the stats but it’s felt like a fairly typical March so far no big bursts of Springlike warmth or sting in the tail winter chill to be had. It’s been drier but after last winter that’s not saying much with showery rain yesterday, overnight & into this morning, mild though. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A mixed bag of weather here this weekend. A couple of showers here this morning so far, but these have moved away and some brighter skies now, should hopefully be a dry and bright afternoon.

• Like 6

Posted

Another low grey cloudy sky... will it brighten. Barely a couple hours of sunshine all week.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Thought it was brightening, now it’s raining.

ah well, it’s the weather and it will do what it wants.

• Like 5

Posted

Sullen grey, sunless and almost calm.  But looking south towards Cheshire and S Lancs clouds seem more broken.    13.9 mm rain collected at 9 GMT today.  March so far =101.6 mm.     2024 so far 489.6 mm.

• Like 5

Posted

Just been out for a run, overheated a lot more than of late, a tropical feel to the air, currently 14C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Replacing filters on camper or I was as it’s gone all showery 😟

• Like 4

Posted

Lovely sunny morning yesterday ☀️☀️☀️heavy rain second half of game yesterday and drive back home ☔☔☔

Sunny warm in sunshine this morning… clouded up a bit… useable weather… just been for quick jaunt into town…  making Irish stew and a Guinness to go with… Happy st Paddy’s Day 🇮🇪🍀🇮🇪🍀🇮🇪🍀🇮🇪🍀 

IMG_8912.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Certainly brighter than first thing, 15°C currently at Man Airport, shame no sun to go with it.  My sister is taking me out shortly, looks like a decent afternoon. The sun is doing its best to break through.

• Like 4

Posted

It's been dry here since the showers moved through mid morning. Sun is popping in and out of the cloud, 15.3C.

• Like 4

Posted

Not particularly a train enthusiast but it’s not every day that you come out of Rawtenstall retail park as A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley is slowly heading into the station 
Just a shame that my phone was in my pocket but a lot of cameras were in action.

weatherwise, it’s tuned into a lovely sunny and mild spring afternoon.

• Like 8

Posted

Undoubtedly the first day of the year that's felt warm. A coat was definitely not required early afternoon in the March sunshine. A wander into town for a couple of drinks and a look at our revamped town hall. Incredible work done to the inside and a couple more months to go on the outside. One of the region's, if not the country's, most impressive civic buildings. 

20240317_144741.jpg

20240317_145005.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

PennineMark just a shame that they’ve taken the car park or is it back again now.

On the odd time that I drive in to the centre to pick my missus up from meeting friends it’s a nightmare trying to park these days.

your right about the town hall though, never been inside but it’s an impressive building from the outside

• Like 6

Posted

Pleasant afternoon out, not cold but didn't get the sunshine here.  Very busy at Macc Forest.  Didn't spot any baby lambs, but found some nosey wagu beef cattle.  Mud everywhere we walked.  Spotted a few llamas.

20240317_144858.jpg

20240317_154154.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Off round the corner to the local for a teatime pint or two and although I’ve not got the slightest bit of Irish decent in me, maybe a celebratory Guinness for a change.

• Like 5

Posted

iand61 it is little more diffficult than it used to be to park, but we've gained a huge space for festivals and shows. There are loads of spaces within 2 or 3 minutes walk,  plus there will be a new car park to the rear. With all council car parks free for 3 hours, I don't suppose it's their priority to build new ones. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

iand61 we do have some impressive town halls around the north west ,I quite like Barrows though the town centre is a dump

IMG_1802.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

A reasonable enough afternoon here, variable amounts of cloud cover but the sun coming through every now and again, reached 15.6C.

• Like 5

Posted

iand61 They certainly don't make them like that anymore and of course the unmistakable shrill whistle of the A4 Pacific engines. What a sight they must have been roaring past at the best part of 100mph back in the day.

• Like 5

Posted

Mmm a mostly cloudy day, bright spells brief, alot of low cloud and heavy drizzle, capping off a thoroughly dull week. Looking forward to the polar air arrival on Friday to kick away the moist tropical maritime airstream set to last until then, I'll say it again the SW airstream is my least favourite, and I don't care it brings mild/very mild temps, rather have dry sunny weather. Fed up of it!

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 9

Posted

I sometimes hear the unmistakable two-tone whistle of Sir Nigel Gresley down in the yard at Crewe station whilst I'm walking the neighbour's dog about a mile away.. Lovely!

A dry afternoon but a lot of cloud and very mild. A mixed week ahead according to the forecast on Countryfile tonight. Some rain midweek and then turning colder towards the end of the week as the dreaded NW's set in. 

• Like 7