Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Today was supposed to be warm, according to Meto. It was not. But, sure, let's trust them with 10+ days forecasts. Not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

SunnyG  Although it was a bit disappointing in London, it was widely 16-17C elsewhere. I would class that is pretty warm for mid-March.

• Like 2

Posted

Dreaded forecast for today promised clouds but dry. They were not wrong, the permaclouds never left.

But I was surprised to wake up to nice bit of pish from the permaclouds while the forecast was also amended to remove ant last bit of sunshine from the next week! Glorious

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had a beautiful sunny day here yesterday and looking pretty decent this morning, too. Makes such a difference to one’s mood

IMG_0930.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

78/79 you know what it’ll do, it’ll make the first evening of light until gone 7.30 be dull and wet! And ensure the colder nights with that set up push into the early morning a little further! 

Posted

I’m in Bognor Regis and it said yesterday that it would feel warm in the sunshine but clouding over later.

it rained all day. 

I’ve never known the weather forecasts to be so incorrect so regularly.

Also, looking like another year without a spring. How dreadfully depressing. 

Roll on March 25. 

• Like 4

Posted

Forecast for the next week has just changed from permaclouds to pish every day. Glorious! What is this and why isn’t there wider outrage and investigation. Media screams the second there are 30s of sunshine but this is barely talked about. Farmlands and nature is suffering

• Like 4

Posted

Nick L I am not disagreeing with you. But as for London, they got it spectacularly wrong.

Edited by SunnyG

Posted

I've been treated to bright cloud today ... It's VERY exciting!!

• Like 3

Posted

This is what Meto says for today

image.thumb.png.da907238fcc566c2ce00469339be9a7d.png

This is what their app shows

image.thumb.png.e54ec5a017b42f7e7b2e0c0c9b5cba18.png

They are a national joke, same as other once-upon-a-time great institutions. They might just predict overcast with occasional rain for the next two weeks and get much closer to being right without having to do any actual work. Pathetic.

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A little early rain now cleared, the rest of the day should be dry, largely cloudy with the odd break in the cloud here and there. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If March doesn’t want to, then I hope April comes armed with an absolutely ginormous axe and strike the rock-solid sun and dry weather shields that have been dominant for a number of us in here. 

Despite that, some of the afternoons in the last few days have at least brought some brighter spells at times kinda helping making things feel like Spring. Some of the thorn bushes (particularly the Hawthorn/Crataegus) are really greening up well in some places too. Even one or two of the bigger trees like the sycamore are starting to open up its leaves with some golden colours showing through.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

At Warsaw airport after 5 lovely days in Poland. A bit breezy and showery on Sunday with a couple of light snow showers. Rest of the time? Sunny, calm and about 7/8 degrees. Perfect. View from bridge on way to station in Toruń below. So nice to be 800 miles away from the sodding Atlantic ocean. 

IMG_5769.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

PermaCloudFU time to cloud seed. There’s no room for any more rain. 

Posted

SunnyG to be fair the models actually weren't that warm for the south, it was reserved for Midlands on pretty much all models which is broadly what happened.

Today and tomorrow should be better for temperatures, though with considerable cloud around.

with that being said, actually got decent sunshine here for the moment.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Absolute vile output imo. Someone's gotta be having a big laugh at us somewhere.🤢🤢

You really couldn't make this lemone up.

Edited by joggs
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* Ah excellent. Those are the best days. Much better than dark cloud. Makes you really appreciate the paler shade of grey

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Still too far away to be guaranteed but next week is currently looking shockingly bad. For me, that's the genuinely worst possible conditions for Spring - chilly and rainy days, cold rainy nights. 

This country's climate is a real learning-lesson in "keep your expectations low, and you won't be so disappointed". 

Screenshot_20240320-113004~2.png

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Well we’ve got some nice sunny spells now, much more than I expected and it feels warm out there. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

BlueHedgehog074 What we really need in April after the year so far is at least average temperatures (15c), zero rainfall and above 250 hours of sun.

Even that would not be enough to get our rainfall and sunshine totals back on track for the year.

Edited by B87
  • Like 3

Posted

Azazel They've had a really poor time forecast-wise since Spring last year. 

Nearly the entirety of Spring and high summer 2023 consisted of last-minute downgrades re any predicted sunny/warm/dry spells. 

Whatever is causing this dominant pattern of cloudy, mild and wet, it seems to be very difficult to accurately predict exactly where the rain bands will land. I've taken to carrying an umbrella around with me 24/7 now because I've been caught out numerous times in the rain despite the Met Office saying 0% chance of rain in my area. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3

Posted

SunnyG I learnt a few years ago that from March-October when the Met Office app shows cloud it will generally be pleasant hazy sun through mid/high level cloud. 

@Summer8906 was it you who referred recently to the humidity as opposed to fresh Spring air? Today almost feels oppressive in the still, hazy conditions. Possibly something to do with all the moisture from all the rain! Sorry if it wasn’t you.