Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

LetItSnow! An average March that's 10th warmest in the entire CET series 😄

The year seems to be following the post-El Nino script similar to 1998 and 2017. Both had average/cool Aprils and very warm Mays before the Junes diverged.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Best day of the year so far IMO, lots of sunshine, including wall to wall blue sky from about 12:30, nice temperature and completely surprising too considering the forecasts whispered grey gloom for most of the day! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long til the next nice day and even better, a week plus of this type of day at least. Enjoy your Easter guys 👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

SunSean At last ,we can ramp up good weather for a change, feel like I have been let out of a long dark tunnel today! ☺

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Roban  I know where you're coming from.  Even though I'm semi retired I still have to do a certain amount of work to keep the wolf from the door . Works been tight for about a year now, and even when a job comes in you're struggling to do it in this sh..te  weather.   Working outside is a completely different ballgame .

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
2 hours ago, LetItSnow! said:

Scary that +2.5C above normal feels average nowadays!

Not surprised that the CET has come in above average, I wasn't remotely convinced by the suggestions of a below average cold March. I should note that when I say average I'm referring to the mixture of mild and cooler days. Nothing abnormally cold and nothing abnormally warm, just a distinctly benign and above average middle ground. An incredibly boring and wet month overall. Although, it's crazy to think that we've had a good mix of milder days and heavy snowfall in parts of the country.

Edited by raz.org.rain
  • Like 2

Posted

What a gorgeous spring day! First time I felt warm enough that I could have worn sandals. Definitely not forecast by either Meto or BBC.

• Like 2

Posted

Got to love last minute downgrades. Both BBC and Met Office have changed from dry and sunny intervals to low cloud and intermittent drizzle/light rain for my location for tomorrow. 

Edited by Josh Rubio

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Yep, pretty dull and misty this morning. Was hoping to wake up to some sunshine 😟 (I guess at least it’s dry for now). Yesterday, though, was a pretty decent day. Pretty good spells of sunshine, albeit a fair amount of cloud too. Pleasant enough. How cool if it could have lasted for longer and that the rain and showers for next week was just something that only happened in a dream… 

I hope everyone has a nice Easter 🐣

• Like 2

Posted

SunSean April 7th locally. You mgiht be lucky to see lots of sunshine on Tuesday though.

Hoping April 7th means the end of the grey gloom for good. Perhaps the April equivalent of August 2023???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Back to BAU today. Crazy the difference it makes. I feel so much more groggy this morning simply because it's darker, duller and zero sunlight whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

baddie Any long range forecast suggesting a pattern change is a bust really. When (or if) we start seeing a change about 4 days out then we might have a chance of breaking out of this perma dull/wet loop.

April 7th is about 700 lightyears away in meteorological terms! Lol.

• Like 1

Posted

SunSean Depends when that stuck up Greenland High stops, if its before the 7th, then we might have a chance of some decent spring weather afterwards. Im craving a North Sea high right now

Posted

Unfortunately much more cloud around today here. A few hints of clear sky though, and it's relatively thin cloud, so still better than many days this March, and most importantly dry.

Going to enjoy it while I can to be honest, as it all comes crashing to Earth tomorrow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunnyG  SunnyG Today and yesterday had really similar forecasts a few days back. Mix of sun and cloud and 12-14c.

Now, tomorrow is the better looking day, lol. Yesterday was basically fully sunny and 15/16c, and today is dark as a dirty dishwater with potential showers later 😆 

I trust nothing beyond 1 / 2 days out (at most).

Happy Easter also 

Posted

I'm in the Costa del North! You don't get weather like this down south!!

IMG_20240331_123238550.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another nice day here with hazy sunshine and 21°C. The haze is being by caused by Saharan dust, apparently.  Sadly, I have to travel back to hell, sorry the UK for work

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

Met office going for sunny spellls while BBC going for non stop rain the coming week. March has been pretty meh not terrible but pretty blah with no real early settled warmth but not a hellish washout ether. I’d give it a 3/10. 

Posted

Not wanting for sun here in Mexico at the moment; in fact there's too much off it (it's very strong).

Here's the aptly-named Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacán, just outside Mexico City:

20240330_134510.thumb.jpg.810d75bc6218e10e67eb35dc02c483ec.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The Met Office were forecasting cloud today but it’s mostly sunny instead.

On another note, it’s a chilly 8C & raining in Madrid at 4pm on the last day of March. The weather there has been worse than here this past week. Certainly rotten luck for any holidaymakers going to Iberia (but given the drought situation there, they might actually appreciate the cooler rainy weather).

Central and Eastern Europe seem to be the only places with warm weather in Europe right now. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

cheese Yes, a strange pattern with Spain one of the coldest countries atm. Eastern Europe is exceptionally warm; 25C in Warsaw, 24C in Kyiv, 30C in Belgrade. 

image.thumb.png.3b73114d541a9c7932ce2b67f0332715.png

• Like 3

Posted

Its a classic southerly-diving jet pattern with a trough stuck over us, chilly north-westerlies into Iberia and then southerlies drawn up into eastern Europe.

Its a rubbish pattern for us as we often get a cut-off low stuck over us that slowly fills unless things move.

• Like 2