Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

TwisterGirl81 Impressive (depressingly so) when you compound the rainfall stats like that. Shows how extreme this spell of weather has been/is. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
15 hours ago, B87 said:

This is what I was talking about the other day when I was saying that the SE seems to be having the worst weather this year.

Aberdeen had over 100 hours in February, while London had a pathetic 52 hours of sun.

Looks like pretty much all of the UK (not just the SE), barring the NE of Scotland had the worst of it in February re sunshine:

image.thumb.png.ecb5f7c4cc70cb7a17e59dc48eb1eccd.png

• Like 1

Posted

Absolute cats and dogs this morning, Gfs 06Z is almost a complete write off until mid April with just a continuation of low after low plenty more rain. Not a sniff of any warmth, getting to 15C for more than a day or two will be a major achievement in the next two weeks. Some places  away from the SE will likely struggle to get past 10-12C. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Rinse and repeat. A window of sunshine followed by ANOTHER band of rain moving through. It's just relentless at the moment. It will turn at some point, but not anytime soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Another day, another wet and chilly mess.

Although I'm sure the statistics would contradict me, it does feel like the seasons are homogenising. Nine months of autumn and a few months with the odd warmer interlude seems far more common than before.

Even at long range, the outlook is more of the same. Thoroughly depressing, and at a time of year we should finally be feeling a lift from the winter gloom. Hard to appreciate the longer evenings and nature returning to life when it's like this.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

yesterday was lovely wall to wall sunshine 15c got up this morning and its snowing and -5c..."my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined" 

• Like 1

Cold and wet yet again. I've said to the Mrs (and she's agreed) that if this summer is wet and chilly then we are selling the business and moving to Spain or the canaries. It's not good for my mental health this.

• Like 6

Posted

Im putting March 2024 around a 4 or 5/10 in terms of rating. Not as bad as last March, and felt brighter and more spring-like even though sunshine totals were poor

Edited by baddie

Posted

Squall line just gone thru' here. Plus a crack or two of thunder.

Relentless🙄

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Currently on the Costa del Bewdley I've just put the light on. After a short bright interval in late morning, it's been relentless rain. The temperature stands at a mighty 6.9 °C. It's miserable, utterly miserable, and we'll need whole dry *seasons* to recover, let alone weeks or months. A couple of dry days and then more rain is almost completely useless beyond the very short term.

For a variety of (some personal) reasons moving abroad is not even remotely an option in the foreseeable future for me, so I'll admit it grates just slightly when so many peoplen here keep pushing that approach... but in truth anyone who does, good luck to them and I hope they feel better for it. I just hope you'll give the odd thought to the millions of us who can't copy you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The rain really doesn’t bother me…guess I’m weird 😅

Feel sorry for the people it does get down and depress, that’s how I feel during anticyclonic periods!

• Thanks 1

Posted

B87 2022 too. Spring was no great shakes.

According to Wunderground, London hit the 20c no times in March (fair enough) and ONCE in April (15th)  - took until May to see decent temps

2021 had a lovely 3 day spell at the end of March where we hit 20c (I remember it well)  0 times in April and then only 3 times in May.

So actually, it looks like we've only hit 20c on one solitary April day in the past 3 springs. I wonder if we can make it four?

I swear I was gaslit on here for saying the last several springs have been c**p with people telling me 2021 was great etc but the temps say otherwise.

Something has changed in our climate. One crap spring with reduced temps you could say fine, that's a fluke. Two Springs is coincidence. Three Springs (and what looks like a fourth) is a pattern.

Winter seems to have shifted into a completely different section of the year. I would argue our seasons are now something like May (Spring) June/July (Summer) August - Feb (Autumn) March-April (Winter)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

It's been milder than average, mostly due to the extreme cloudiness keeping minima high. It hasn't really felt spring like at all, more like a typical November in terms of temperatures, rainfall and sunshine. 

I'd say there's a 90% chance that this month ends up the wettest March on record in London, and there's a high chance of failing to even hit 90 hours of sun.

If I was rating this month out of 10, giving it a 3/10 would be generous, and all of that for the temperatures. March 2013 is a 0-1/10 for me, with 1995, 2003 and 2012 being 9-10/10.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Azazel Wunderground seems to be inaccurate for UK locations. At Heathrow, March 2022 had an absolute max of 19.9c (typical). April saw 2 days above 20c with a max of 23.1c (although another 3 days all at 19.8c), which is fairly typical for April.

May 2022 which was warm, very dull and dry, saw 17 days above 20c, maxing at 27.5c. Typically May would see 10 days above 20c and max around 27c.

Posted

Azazel you're right, looking back, London got above 20c only twice in April 2022 on the 13th and 15th, but we had a lot of dry days in March and April that year and overall each month in the Spring of 2022 was warmer than average in terms of maximum daily temperatures. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Last year we got away with a reasonable April... however I think this one I could be heading into a stinker here too. This week funnily enough with the cyclonic SW winds has been pretty nice here at times but we have rode our luck so far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Derecho: It's nae looking too good, is it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
2 minutes ago, danm said:

you're right, looking back, London got above 20c only twice in April 2022 on the 13th and 15th, but we had a lot of dry days in March and April that year and overall each month in the Spring of 2022 was warmer than average in terms of maximum daily temperatures. 

April 2022 I remember had some snow showers at the start when I was in Buckinghamshire. It became a lot better after the first week and was a very dry month in the end. This followed a great March. May was more on the unsettled side but was very warm and we had some decent storms mid-month.

Spring 2021 saw some great weather at the end of March. April was very cold but mostly by night with many sunny days that felt quite nice. May 2021 however was a shocker.

• Like 1

Posted

Derecho Yep it was a chilly start to April. Overall Spring 2022 was quite good. It was a little dull in May, but each month was quite warm and March and April were both sunnier than average, particularly March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Outside of Jan, this is genuinely one of the coldest days of the year for me. 10c but feels about 2, lol. Properly foul. Reminiscent of when I went to Iceland in early December a few years back. Harsh winds and constant rains, with the wind blowing the rain in your face.

It is interesting that we often get these properly wintry set-ups in March and even April yet in December they're often nowhere to be seen. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

danm Plenty of dry days and sunny days in Spring 2022. We had that warm spell at the end of March too, which lasted a good few days. 17-20c and pretty much unbroken sunshine. 

It was an above average Spring overall for me, predominantly because of lots of usable weather and sunny days. Obviously not 2020 level but that Spring was a freak event for our climate tbh. 

Far better than 2023, and obviously 2024 thus far, which is somehow panning out worse than 2023.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

It is interesting that we often get these properly wintry set-ups in March and even April yet in December they're often nowhere to be seen. 

Northern blocking can be more common in March and April than during Winter. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

In Absence of True Seasons haha, absolutely! Though it’s not been much better here in Czechia, a very wet run of months. At least the last week hasn’t been too bad. Back to grey, windy crap today though

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons yep 2022 was a decent Spring overall. Add that to the phenomenal Summer and it was a great period of weather. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cheshire Freeze So many of those in the last 10 months 😜