Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

baddie This day in 2012 was my wedding day. I couldnt believe our good luck as it was booked a year earlier, fully expecting rubbish weather. Instead it was clear, sunny and warm throughout. It couldnt have been better for the time of year.

• Like 1

Posted

12c, sunny with clouds. Pleasant enough at the mo, but threat of showers by looks of it.

Posted

I love it when a forecast goes from rain all day to cloudy. I hope the 4th/5th April forecast goes the same way as 18th March did this year. One time it was meant to rain all day and it turned out to be quite a nice spring day instead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous spring day here in Czechia, the sunshine is quite hazy but feeling lovely and warm 👍🏻

IMG_0996.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

An unforecasted hour of blue sky! Met Office had guff for this entire past week but they got it wrong pretty much every day. Hasn't been a bad week comparing to what they had lol.

20240330_133507.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

SunSean I dont hate low pressure now. Why????? The wet second half of March has felt spring-like

If only last Sundays glorious weather was the day after (My birthday), instead of it raining on my birthday for the first time in a decade

Edited by baddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

I suppose today isn't far off the wonderful end of March 2021; sunny calm nice sunny spells, not as warm but still good in the sunshine, but the difference is this time in 2021 we were heading into a very dry and sunny April. Not so much now. The strength of the Greenland blocking in the upcoming week is just sickening!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

baddie not sure about the 4th/5th but there have been hints of a warmer and drier spell for around the 9th, fingers crossed it comes off.

Posted

Roban The farmer across from us hs had similar issues. The fields remain with nothing in the ground as it has been relentlessly wet and the ground partially flooded. There were similar issues in 2019/20 but different in that it went from flooded to parched in the space of two months. I think he just settled on turnips that year and got them up in the November.

Edited by reef
  • Like 2

Posted

My partners parents live in a little village called St. Mary Bourne and every time I drive over there, even though it’s only like 5 miles away, it takes me half hour because the route is full of trucks and equipment pumping the floodwater. They’ve been there every day since December I think. The water is coming up through peoples downstairs toilets etc and the road is lined with sandbags. Never seen that before. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Very sunny and actually quite warm here, albeit the breeze still has a chill to it. Definitely feeling very springlike. Personally I'd rate this March as distinctly average temperature wise overall, with a mixture of what you'd expect from early spring.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

raz.org.rain Scary that +2.5C above normal feels average nowadays! 🥵

I don't have sunshine statistics at hand but March 2024 feels grimmer than March 2023. I'm also unsure of rainfall anomaly distribution so far but is it one of those times where even though last year was wetter for the UK overall that this March is wetter down south? Apparently Heathrow is about 5mm away from beating the March rainfall record set in 2001.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

16c with largely sunny skies. 

Posted

Looks like we’ve got a rare spell of sunny, warm and settled weather for the majority. Tomorrow also looks dry albeit with more cloud around. Then next week normal service resumes with the Atlantic onslaught. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

15C with plenty of sunshine today. As spring should be.

Posted

Sun is out here. Everyone is sat inside but I am sat in the garden legs akimbo and splayed out in the sun like a washed up bin bag. I can feel the strength on my pallid, grey skin and it’s glorious 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
26 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Sun is out here. Everyone is sat inside but I am sat in the garden legs akimbo and splayed out in the sun like a washed up bin bag. I can feel the strength on my pallid, grey skin and it’s glorious 

I’d be one of those sat inside still.  It’s sunny here today, lovely compared to recent days, but still only a fresh 13.8c currently.  Not warm enough for me to sit in a beer garden/park/beach yet.  Need to get up towards 20c for me personally, for that.

Nevertheless, still feels lovely in the sun, nippy when clouds pass over though.  Shame the outlook is more of what we’ve recently had, rather than what we have today.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Pretty wild how much better today panned out than was forecasted. A few days ago, the entire Easter Weekend in my area was just showing as cloud and rain. But yesterday was pretty decent with sunny spells albeit quite chilly, and today is a genuinely good Spring day at 15c and mostly sunny all day.

Just goes to show that things can, and do, change on the day of. It's usually a case of the change being a downgrade of conditions and it being less sunny and pleasant than forecast, but today is a rare example of the opposite.

Next week's forecast is looking dire at present so I'm fingers crossed that it'll be similar case where the weather won't be quite as unpleasant once those days actually arrive. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

A near enough perfect Easter Saturday and possibly Sunday coming, warm plenty of sunshine and certainly no need to put the central heating on!! Monday not so good i admit.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
42 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

just need about another 18C on top lol. 

🤣......why ruin a perfect day?

Edited by markyo