Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

danm We had the sunny spells already, so I guess it's now time for clouds and showers.

Edited by SunnyG
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

SunnyG yep more showers pushing in from the SW!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

In Absence of True Seasons and it’s windy 🤢 Again

• Like 1

Posted

Saturday looks like a day Easterlies would normally give us at this time of year. Warm, Bright and Windy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunnyG had all of about 20 mins total sun today in my area. It can be super localised though. I'm at home today but my friend is in central London, he sat outside for lunch as it was sunny for long enough 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

England saw the highest level of rainfall over any 18-month period since Met Office data began back in 1836.

Officially the wettest period on records. We've done it! Joys of joy.

Interesting how not one mention of climate change is present in articles like this about the wetness/rainfall, though. In fact, zero focus at all on such conditions being potentially worrying or damaging. 

Weird...

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

In Absence of True Seasons Almost like the narrative is set to make people believe climate change exclusively means hotter and sunnier so that concerns or action about climate change will not be made... 🤬 How much more seriously would it be taken over here if people were more aware that wet and mild extremes were also the result of climate change?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

In fact if we start to see a more defined seasonal rainfall pattern (heavy persistent rainfall in the winter months, drier in the summer months), I believe that's a defining characteristic of a Csb climate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

A surprisingly nice day today. It was forecast to be drizzly and cool all day, turned out to be settled and mild.

Posted

Saturday’s one day wonder looks like a bit of toned down blowtorch. Places with a long land fetch will reach at least 20C possibly right up to the far north east. Southern coast and almost all the south west and likely to notably colder with drizzle moving in quickly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Saturday, sunny in the east in the morning, patchy rain and cloud in the west. Clouding over in the east by mid to late afternoon. Warm in the east - 20 to 21c:

Screenshot2024-04-04at18_06_06.thumb.png.92dd36a9478393e6402fa1934e8c6c20.pngScreenshot2024-04-04at18_06_16.thumb.png.034a58d8719b541ffaf3fcc9cc29bccc.pngScreenshot2024-04-04at18_06_35.thumb.png.7f476adbb6ed07fc2bb283128bbeeffe.png

Cold front pushes through overnight Saturday into Sunday. Sunday itself looks dry with sunny spells on the SE & EA, highs of 16c or so here. Sunshine and showers the further north and west you go:

Screenshot2024-04-04at18_20_27.thumb.png.e7007882ca5f82d77917b786909b9aca.pngScreenshot2024-04-04at18_20_41.thumb.png.12142a392e04187ef6cfefe4ff662d21.png

Edited by danm

Posted

More rain coming this evening, overnight and tomorrow morning. Garden could really do with more rain, so thank god for that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, danm said:

Ok, all except markyo...😉

One of many, one of so many.😉

Posted

raz.org.rain We still get a fair share of drier winters, around half have been dry and half wet over the last 10 to 12 years. Some of the wet ones have of course been very wet, though it seems we are still quite a way away from a more definite shift into wet winters in general. 

When I had a quick flick through the met office climate summaries, ahead of this reply, I was surprised at the number of drier winters that I'd somehow forgotten. I have strong memories of the wet 'orrible ones, because I spend my working life navigating floods and getting soaked. Can't remember the nice dry ones, and I must admit, I had some bias thinking we'd had a lot more wet ones than dry ones, until I had a closer look at the climate data. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

GFS consistently showing some settled warmth and drier weather starting on April 10th! This is not a drill! We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, rejoice 😁😁

Been looking for this for the past two months and it's finally come just in time for my birthday. Appreciate it weather gods.

(probably going to get a trough straight after but GFS keeps giving us highs in FI so things aren't looking as bad as they were a week ago)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Sun Chaser If anything GFS has (somehow) been the slightly more reliable model since the start of winter, so this is probably a good sign.

We're also now at the part of the year where general accuracy shifts from the "three-day window" to more long-term trends.

I long suspected April would finally see the back of this wetness, hopefully it comes to pass. I still want to see the warmest 4/20 on record and a breach of 28°C before the month's over to get rid of the excess groundwater before the heatwaves start moving in from May onwards. No 2019 repeat, thank you, I'd rather any big heatwaves in the summer were nowhere near as humid as that.

It would be completely in-character if immediately after the wettest 18 month period on record, we now go on to experience the driest 18 month period 🤣

• Like 2

Posted

No posts in the MAD thread for over 7 hours now. I thought it’d be busier given the more warmer and settled weather coming up? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
6 minutes ago, CryoraptorA303 said:

It would be completely in-character if immediately after the wettest 18 month period on record, we now go on to experience the driest 18 month period 🤣

I think we deserve that after what we've been through since autumn 2022!

Says a lot that it's been the wettest 18 months on record despite having two 6 week long very very dry spells in the middle.

• Like 2

Posted

Josh Rubio Everyone's probably going out on the lash tonight at the news of better conditions on the way 🍺

Posted

Sun Chaser I imagine it being a gradual turn to very dry conditions, with April onward being drier than average, but May and June perhaps only being a bit dry. From July it gets a lot drier and it's as dry as 2016, then August is one of the driest on record and is only behind the likes of 1995 and 1947, then September is the driest and hottest on record with most stations southeast of Manchester recording no measurable precipitation all month, which likely makes it among the driest months ever recorded, let alone the driest autumn month, much less the driest September. From there the rest of autumn stays dry giving us one of our five driest on record, winter is dry overall but perhaps there's room for a wetter than average month in there, with the rest being made up by a notably dry January or February period, next spring is very dry and very hot, reminiscent of 2011 but even hotter and April 2025 is at least the third driest on record with May following suit and being at least tenth. Summer then stays overall dry, it doesn't have to be insane but perhaps now we get a very hot and dry June and beat 2023's record with the La Nina frontending and such, then July and August are less explosively dry but still drier than average. We then get our second notably dry September in a row, perhaps reminiscent of 2014, and now it's October's time to shine with the finale of our 18 month period being very dry and among the driest October's on record. By now I imagine we are seriously overdue Atlantic systems and November 2025 is the wettest on record with the worst flash-flooding ever seen.

This of course is not a prediction but it would be very in-character with the extremes we've observed in the last few years. We're overdue very dry autumns now.

Edited by CryoraptorA303

Posted

Just about got home from work tonight before the rain started to fall. Lucky timing to be honest. Pretty poor day here - a cold and drizzly morning, very little sunlight to be had all day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

CryoraptorA303 Sounds like you have been on the lash with predictions like that 😂😃😄

• Like 1

Posted

WYorksWeather It's been alright here today, no rain since Monday now and the Sun tries to come out every day now. The wind flow is essentially unchanged since winter so I have to assume this is a sign of the subtropical ridge/Azores high beginning it's trek north.