Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Lovely morning…

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.f7b2f7a09f002c74fc7d93b9d53fbe31.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

I have just came back from the future and can report how the rest of 2024 went!

May 2024- Eerily similar to 2021, but a little bit duller somehow! Users went into meltdown at yet another waste of a month dominated by low pressure!

June 2024- So bad that users were praising June 2012 in comparison with some folk saying "it weren't that bad in hindsight"! Not a single day was reported with over 8 hours sunshine in a truly remarkably woeful low pressure month!

July 2024- "Bring back July 2023!" Cried the folk on here. Nowhere reached 20c and there was a stretch in the last half that went 13 days with zero sunshine & 150mm rain!

August 2024- Similar vibes to 2008 & 2010 but far wetter, completing the worst Spring & Summer on record and making 1816, the year without a Summer, look phenomenal in comparison!

September 2024- Not even a late Summer spel of fine weather as the low pressure stayed over the UK forever causing British parliament to rename our country to Cloudagascar. Brits rushed out on holidays to the Faroe Islands in order to get a bit of sun!

October 2024 onwards- The same wet & dull theme continued and yet another late season SSW occurred in early March 2025 to ruin Spring 2025 too!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Billy Hicks congratulations to you both x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

danm Very nice to see the sunshine, shame about the vile, freezing Siberian ‘breeze’ 😆 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Really enjoying this spell at the moment, very like April 2021 in that skies are completely clear but temperatures are restricted to mid teens so it feels chilly sometimes. A shame it's going to be over so soon.

Yesterday we recorded over 10 hours of sunshine for the first time since... June 22nd ?????????

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Clear blue skies here in Exeter, absolutely gorgeous. We recorded over 13 hours yesterday so we are at 91 hours and most of that is from the last 10 days, hope the unsettled weather next week is just a blip! Would be surprised if we have above average sunshine for April but would be nice finally get an average sunshine month, we have another 80 hours to get that.

The first third of the month was dull as dishwater 

E0FE1855-3042-4DB1-B45E-2CC32F2D2BA4.jpeg

Posted

Every day that comes is yet another confirmation that says: leave this tip of a country and never return. Do it, do it, do it! 🙂 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

SunnyG we’ve had a lot of rubbish weather for several months overall, I’m sure it’ll flip for the better and the tories have underfunded public services and it shows but I’d rather live here than many other countries in this world, many beautiful places 🙂

Posted

It’s cold in nearly all Europe presently 😆 🥶. I remember a cold start - I think 1974? I lived in the north-west UK at the time and we were all cold throughout April and into early May, and snow fell and settled in the Pennines about May 10th.

We had a heatwave about two weeks later and a decent summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

TwisterGirl81 Wow I see 11 hours & 13 hours in your last 3 days- an absolute pipe dream down in Shoeburyness! We haven't got over 10 hours of sun since 14th September 2023. Shoeburyness has been amazingly bad lately for sun, worst run on record & not a single full blue sky day to be seen. Glad I went away when I did haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

TwisterGirl81We'll have to agree to disagree. I like sunshine and I like good local produce (fruit and veg) and you get loads of both in Med countries, which is where I'm eventually heading. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Back to winter tomorrow 🥴

image.png

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Very nice to see the sunshine, shame about the vile, freezing Siberian ‘breeze’

It’s its cold out there, not too pleasant unless you’re wrapped up! 

This is what makes Spring at times the most infuriating season. If we had this weather in Winter we wouldn’t mind, but in Spring our expectations rise. That schizophrenic nature of the weather at this time of year can be very frustrating. 21c and sunny last Saturday. 11c this weekend. Wet and cold during the coming week. 

Posted

SunnyG they haven’t had the best weather either.

I know this is the conspiracy theorist in me but with all the rain that Dubai received recently I do wonder if some particular country has seeded clouds so that north west Europe has received shocking weather for months on end, there’s a few countries who don’t like us thanks to the powers that be 🥺

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I know this is the conspiracy theorist in me but with all the rain that Dubai received recently I do wonder if some particular country has seeded clouds so that north west Europe has received shocking weather for months on end, there’s a few countries who don’t like us thanks to the powers that be

You jest surely……

• Like 1

Posted

danm kind of half in jest but nothing would put it past people after what we’ve all been through the past 4 years, I don’t trust any of them 

• Like 1

Posted

Don Your further north wher ethe cold wind has gone. Was still a cold wind here yesterday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

TwisterGirl81 Surely Moscow and St Petersburg are due their hottest days on record, at 10 million degrees C, if that is the case?

Posted

Speaking of cloud seeding, the silence from the climate warriors has been deafening. I mean deliberately meddling with the weather & nature you think they'd be up in arms. Funny how its been going on for years but not a peep. Strange that.

• Like 1

Posted

Despite the presence of high pressure, tomorrow is truly disgusting. Worst April day since 2018. This April so far has been rather poor too, but not quite as bad as 2012 or 2018

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Another mostly cloudy and chilly day. This April will end up with less sun than the average March!