Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

*Stormforce~beka* just cleared up here at 6pm so had 2hrs brightness ,looking not bad tomorrow and weds,  we will see 🙄

Edited by johncam
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Absolutely nothing to suggest a sustained settling of the weather in the next couples of weeks. Just looks unsettled in general, not quite October-March unsettled, just normal unsettled and generally poor. Getting much beyond 15-16C will be a struggle even into early May. Fortunately for me I flying to Dallas on Saturday so my attention is turning to the Storm Prediction Center as a lively severe weather period looks likely 😁

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Weather Enthusiast91  it took until mid May last year to warm up too…That’s why some of us are frustrated baring on mind many of us have seen so much wet dull weather, much more than our fair share, it’s bad luck but we can only hope May  the tide will change and we’ll start having lots of above average sunshine and warmth….the last couple of gfs runs have been hinting at better brighter days in May, hopefully many during summer 🍀 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

TwisterGirl81 I hope so. We are certainly long overdue some pleasantly warm sunny weather now. Be nice to do some more work in the gardens but it's difficult when it keeps raining. Much like this time last year, my gardens are overgrown.

B87 There will be a hosepipe ban too.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Weather Enthusiast91 If the grass isn't totally brown and dead in the summer, then we will have had too much rain.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, raz.org.rain said:

with the way some wx accounts are talking about it on Twitter you'd think an ice age was on the way.

Or an ice age has already arrived?! 😲

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* thanks Becca , I need them 😀

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Felt chilly in west London today, but it’s worse in Czechia. They had graupel and light snow showers today in cold air. A widespread frost tonight, too. Not pleasant and bad for the fruit trees

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

B87 That seems a bit extreme to me... I don't think we should want to go right to the opposite extreme, just a change to something a bit more normal. The damage this would cause to nature after already enduring one ridiculous extreme would be huge.

stainesbloke Zurich has had snow on multiple days now, some of it even settled for a while. Why couldn't this have happened in February? Bloody El Niño.

As for continued unsettledness, this is still quite the change from the constant Atlantic lows we were getting, so progress is progress. Breaking the habit is the first step towards something better. I get people's pessimism at the moment, I really do, everything is going to 💩 and we still aren't seeing any truly warm weather in the near future, but the situation is now a lot better than what it was in March, at least down here.

This April has also imo far surpassed last year, I'm seeing the Sun more or less every day now, the trees have bloomed and we've had a handful of warm days. Last April was completely dull, grey and rainy aside from all of a few days at the end of the month. Things are on the up.

• Like 2

Posted

CryoraptorA303 Yellow grass then. That is a standard thing that happens in any normal summer.

April 2023 was sunnier than April 2024 here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
41 minutes ago, B87 said:

April 2023 was sunnier than April 2024 here.

Same, by a long way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

CryoraptorA303 I planted some fruit trees last year in Czechia and some have baby fruit on them this spring, hopefully they won’t get frozen off. Apricots and greengages, so far. This April has certainly felt warmer than last year, but the last week has dramatically changed that and in west London, I think April 2023 was sunnier. Next week looks better, thankfully, though a real rollercoaster temperature-wise in Czechia

Posted

Mapantz  last year April had 160hrs of sun at Bmth airport (which 15% below average) only 100hrs month to date. Might sneak 140hours but that’s pushing it. So another poor months sunshine. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

B87 What a load of nonsense

• Like 2

Posted

B87 I know what you mean, green green grass in July is not a good sight if you like hot summery weather. I love it when everything is lush and green in May and early June but would be quite happy if it didn’t rain from then to mid September. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I just hope we don't have an absence of a happy middle ground between this dross and the inevitable "Unpleasant 35C+ from nowhere heatwave" that we will inevitably get in the summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

baddie To be fair May 2023 here had us in the low-mid 20s, this spell has been leagues below that one.

Posted

markyo What are you talking about?

Posted

Perfect summer - 3 months of around 23-27°C every day, above average sunshine throughout, frequent thunderstorms and the occasional heavy frontal rainfall event. Of course, it won’t happen

• Like 3

Posted

Glorious day here sunny and comfortable warm  for a change 😎 woohoo

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

According to my newspaper, Co. Fermanagh reached 29C yesterday. . . another misprint! 😁