Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

SunnyG I wish I could. My mate relocated to Dijon for work about six years ago - and although that’s not right down south, it still enjoys much better weather than here.

Whenever I ask him if he’s thinking of coming back he laughs like a maniac. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

markyo June and September were both wetter than average for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Azazel I didn't say I enjoyed it, I said it's been less bad than the last couple of months. That in itself is a positive unless the only thing that will make you happy is the 1976/2018/1995/2003/2006/2022 mega hybrid, in which case you'll always be left wanting more. I saw quite a lot of that in the aftermath of 2022, plenty of people (especially northerners) complaining that June and most of July wasn't warm enough for them. Oh how the last year has vindicated 2022... That poor sod would still be getting downplayed if last summer didn't go how it did.

Edited by CryoraptorA303

Posted

Oh, and I found some photos I took in Hyde Park, late July 2015...

Screenshot_20240423_191914_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b8eab7334b8b473494db5406086eba38.jpgScreenshot_20240423_191925_Facebook.thumb.jpg.c56ddf5b483464c022010297dbad3577.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 seasonality would make me happy personally. I’m not even crazy about snow but it is cool around Christmas and in winter time.

mellow mists and fog in autumn etc.

It really hasn’t been much better here to be fair - it still rains most days only now it’s much colder which makes it even more disgusting. I would honestly rather have the milder SWlies back because at least I didn’t have to have the heating on every morning and night and be wrapped up indoors like I’m on a sledging expedition to Svalbard. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

B87 But how? Summer 2015 hadn't been dry, or hot for that matter aside from the two-day heat spike. This must be more of a London thing as nowhere else had brown grass in 2015.

Posted

SunnyG Wasn't it originally going to turn drier and sunnier from mid-March? Then late March, and so on. Now it looks like we be well into May with no dry and sunny spells.

• Like 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 I’ve lived where I live in Andover since 2015 and can confirm the grass here in the parks and along verges goes brown pretty much every summer - apart from last summer. Definitely not just a London thing. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 June was fairly average. July was hot for 1 day and then warm for another 10 days or so before the summer collapsed entirely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

As an ardent warm weather fan I understand the pessimism, I really do. But it's silly to assume that these conditions will continue forever.

Posted

raz.org.rain I do remember thinking in like Feb ‘at least this spring can’t be as bad as the last one’ 

A cautionary tale to never tempt fate. 

• Like 7

Posted

Idk if its just me, or does sunny days looks a lot fresher and clearer in Westerly or Southwesterly winds while a sunny Easterly looks more hazy (sunsets are glorious though). I notice this particularly in Feb-April and in Sep/Oct

Edited by baddie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

If its going to stay unsettled, then we need the low to move to the sw to bring in something a bit warmer.  That way, the risk of thunderstorms will start to increase at this time of year.  That will make things a lot more interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Cloudy all day with zero sunshine, totally clear after sunset, couldn't make it up! My absolute fave phenomena 👌 

Have to wonder, has someone done a deal with the devil to prolong the eternal rain & zero sun hell mixture to a permanent basis?

• Like 2

Posted

B87 It's always on day 10 or 12 lmao I don't know whether they are just mistaken or if they are hope-casting...

raz.org.rain It would be silly if it hadn't been gone on for so long. At the moment, from where I'm standing, it's not silly but realistic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunnyG The whole "10 days out" is a meme by this point. It's been "10 days out" since last October, lol.

Zero point in placing stock in anything more than 48-72 hours in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Another grey lid day to add to the previous 1000's, cold, windy and occasionally spitting with rain, what a steaming pile our climate has become.  Barring a couple of storms, this year is the most boring yet too and there is quite some competition there in recent times.  SAD from Oct - May these days and seems to be extended each year.

Sunlight, warmth and stormy breakdowns soon please weather Gods before I go insane. 

Edited by James1979
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

baddie Much better air quality from the south round to the northeast. Deeper blue sky and stronger sun but generally more boring sunrises and sunsets 😅