Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 22nd February

Tim B

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

It is the snowings agains!!! light flurries gettings heaviers! they is turning into size of the mr crazy snowfans plop plops...... :D deeelightful weathers! heavy nows....... :):)

Edited by mr_crazy_snowfan

Posted

gosh i hate to say this is getting quite monotonous we have had another 4 showers here since the last time I posted. :D

Only joking :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A day of sunny spells and light snow flurries in Lancaster, including a moderate-intensity graupel shower at lunchtime.

None of it settled, and in any case the showers amounted to so little that even if it had been January 1987 we would have done well to have more than a half-cover.

Re Weather Underground temperatures: you do have to be careful, as a lot of them do seem to over-read. Morecambe may have a warmer climate than Lancaster during the winter, but the maxima are often reported on WUnderground to be 2-3C higher, and during the summer (when Morecambe is slightly cooler than Lancaster) they can be 4-5C higher.

Posted

Here we go again - another heavy snow shower just come in from the North Sea. Gone very dark, visibilty dropping rapidly. Temperature appears to have fallen pror to the shower, hope it sticks this time :D

Blizzard conditions in Sheffield currently . A mixture of pellet type snow and proper flakes. Its settling giving a light covering, replacing the covering from last night which had mostly melted by 9 am ( heavy snow from 3 - 3.30 am gave covering.) Light flurry at 1215 this afternoon but did not settle.

Posted

mr ben shermans is will be the very busy updatings league tables!!! gufaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

why is snows not settlings if it is the so damn freeeezings?

Blizzard conditions in Sheffield currently.

Started off at 1645 with proper flakes and started to settle, replacing covering from last night which had more or less melted by 9am (covering as a result of heavy snow 3 - 3.30 am) A flurry this afternoon 1215 approx didn't settle.

Turned more sleety now - covering gone.

Edited by petemans2004

Posted
Blizzard conditions here.A white out.Really thick flakes has given a covering in minutes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

gutter thats just passed to the south of me :D I can see it in the distance! Well I have faired not to bad total snow showers from 00.00 to present.. 7 snow showers, also woke to a 1cm covering which was quite nice :)

Posted

Hmm snowing in Norwich on and off since early hours of Saturday morning, settled overnight on Sunday, but not settled for very long since then, despite some very hefty showers, how long can this last?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snowing very heavily here in North Walsall! Its a complete white out!

Posted

Since 1500 there has been 3 flurries here all on the edge of what were large snow showers. The 1st to the South left the hills partly white and the latter just to the North of town.

Beautiful sunset with the shower clouds reflecting pink :D

Posted

Does anyone know what the conditions are like in Stansted? As im suppose to be flying to Italy tomorrow at 5 in the afternoon. Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

SE6 snowed on and off during afternoon, brief spells, not setling, now snowing heavier and settling.

Stopped again!

Edited by textmum

Posted

Been Snowing here off and on all day. Good covering and showing no signs of stopping! :D

We are about 900ft asl so that helps!

Posted

I thought i would update this for the snow league

well, since i posted yesterday evening, i have had a further incredible 9 SNOW SHOWERS and 2 HAIL SHOWERS. 4 of the snow showers were extremely heavy, and layed for about 30 mins- 1 hour, plus ones we had last night

i woke up to 2cms this morning, and 3 of the showers today gave 1cm each, so i have probably had around 4cms of snow, maybe a little more, but most of it has melted afterwards....

snowking

Posted
Does anyone know what the conditions are like in Stansted?  As im suppose to be flying to Italy tomorrow at 5 in the afternoon.  Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live about 2 miles away, it is currently very wet with minial snowfall left.

However, it is already 0c, and more clouds are buoilding to the NE at the moment, we have been told to expect perhaps 1 inch overnight, and maybe more tomorrow morning, but most of it has been melting pretty quickly afterwards...

snowking

Posted
I live about 2 miles away, it is currently very wet with minial snowfall left.

However, it is already 0c, and more clouds are buoilding to the NE at the moment, we have been told to expect perhaps 1 inch overnight, and maybe more tomorrow morning, but most of it has been melting pretty quickly afterwards...

snowking

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that snowking, should be ok then. Im more worried about the train journey, as i've got to come all the way down from chester.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

A rash of heavy snow showers during the day - the snow not settling until after 4pm, a dusting on the ground atm which shouldn't melt now.

Guest Sir Seany

Just had a heavy snow shower, it has stuck on some surfaces, inlcuding grass, cars, wooden posts, and next doors gnome!

Why is the "g" silent?

It was like a Blizzard, visibilty went down very dramatically, adn at one point it was snowing on one end of the road and not the other, very odd snow storm!!!

gallery_2069_23_11812.jpg