Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 22nd February

Tim B

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Currently moderate/heavy snow in Harlow, West Essex which has left a good covering. The showers have been getting heavier throughout this afternoon.

Approximately 0.5cm of laying snow. :D

Posted
Fair enough, although if they are reading over 5ºC I doubt the data.....

I know on Weather Underground that Darlington and Billingham always read MUCH higher than me, every single day, however in my opinion thats because of possibly the all important sensor location.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, data could be a problem, haven't personally seen location of sites so readings have to be taken with a pinch of salt...mentally knocked a degree off each reading but even so.... was looking for trends as much as anything....BTW, one was in Billingham which was the nearest one to me. You're only a bit further north but it does seem to make quite a difference.

Absolutely socking it down now, and settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

another snow shower here

Posted

had 1 heavy snow shower @ 11:30am

had another at 12:30 am - very heavy

head another at 1:45 - very very heavy and settled at first but melted wno

i'm looking forward to tonights snow!

Posted
Agreed, data could be a problem, haven't personally seen location of sites so readings have to be taken with a pinch of salt...mentally knocked a degree off each reading but even so.... was looking for trends as much as anything....BTW, one was in Billingham which was the nearest one to me.  You're only a bit further north but it does seem to make quite a difference.

Absolutely socking it down now, and settling.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That Billingham site, by the way, seems very good for windspeed and rainfall data. Its only the daytime temperatures that seem to err on the high side when the sun comes out....often reading 3º more than me mid summer, and 0.2-0.5º more on a cloudy summer day (the difference in altitude)

Swings and roundabouts isn't it? My windspeed readings are nowhere near accurate (direction is OK though), because of the situation of my anonometer, and I always look at the Billingham site for windspeed, which appears to get good, true readings.

As for trends, yep its been warmer today....2.4ºC max yesterday, and 3.2ºC today, nearly a degree.

Posted
have had 3 snow showers while i have been out in harlow Essex and just on number 4 coming down heavy and begining to settle current temp 2.3c

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

snow has now stopped and left a dusting on tables etc temp has dropped to 1.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Another small snow shower in N.Walsall! Bit annoyed because we get all these big black clouds and nothing much comes out of them! But hey its snow all the same.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

had about 8 pellet snow / hail showers today so far. last shower 10mins ago was of proper snow, and dropped about 1-2cms in 5 mins. very intense shower. thought i heard thunder in there too.. :D

Posted

we are currently having an amazing blizzard in brentwood essex, the floor went from grey to white in 2 minutes, settled immediately, its amazing and still going, not large flakes but its so heavy, flakes are getting bigger as i speak, everywheres white now! superb!!!

Posted

Blizzard conditions here.A white out.Really thick flakes has given a covering in minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
LOL Moderate Snow again......losing count now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto :D:):)

Just starting to snow here 5p size. Thats 8 falls today. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

:)

Here in Chesterfield we had several flurries of snow. When it came it looked quite thick but was finished in 3 minutes. Bit poor really compared to what some are getting. :D

Edited by TyphoonNow