Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Pt 4

Posted
Yup a none event. I'm expecting a slight dusting from this. See Plenty of disappointed kids. Still it could move further North than predicted.

It could so stay positive! Must remember cloud cover and wind will raise the tempertures so consequently making the band go a tad faster though i have me doubts about this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

Warming rapidly here now. It was -3.4 at 7.30 and now its -1.7

Posted

As the low pushes in temps have gone up from -2 to 2c so it looks like this big huge band that is nearly ontop of me will be snow on higher ground IE exmoor but rain/sleet at lower levels.. Had a few little flurries today but not enough to make the ground wet.. oh and im sure i saw some very disstant lightning on way home..

lol kaz x

Posted
I'm in Gravesend. Temp is reading Minus 3 in my garden so it could be a bit cooler still away from the buildings.

Wow- That's good. My guess is, is that places such as Higham/Shorne could be at -4/-5 by now. I'm in Wainscott, about 1 mile east of Higham, and 1 mile west of Rochester. Not sure on temp for me though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Do you think the south coast (Brighton) will see ANY snow at all before it turns to rain? I'm bracing myself for a very disappointing night.

hmmm i think your going to be dissapointed. sorry to dissapoint you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
Nothing here anyway, and there is a definite feel of a temp rise outside...my only temperature gauge is the car which reads 4c :) Dont know how accurate they are though. I think I can forget it but you are on high ground?

hi there,

stopped snowing here at the moment,

current temp 2.1c but drops dramatically when snowing,

funny thing about this wind it is a very dry wind

regards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Temp falling away here -4.2C now.

Posted
the meteo 24 free 15 min radar has the PPN forecasted to practically switch direction and not get out of the southwest and wales

http://www.meteo24.com/uk/index.php?q=radar

That's weird! And implausible!!

regards,

Mike.

Edited by Winston

Posted
hi there,

stopped snowing here at the moment,

current temp 2.1c but drops dramatically when snowing,

funny thing about this wind it is a very dry wind

regards

Hi, over here though on the east coast we are suffering the effects of mild easterly winds (what a horrible thing!)...temps have increased with the wind, unless of course they drop over later when the main band arrives but I'm not too hopefull being only 6 miles from the coast. Enjoy it over there :) You only had the starters so far, the main course has yet to arrive!

Posted
the meteo 24 free 15 min radar has the PPN forecasted to practically switch direction and not get out of the southwest and wales

I think its the band swinging around look at Past 3 hrs meteox radar from zooming out over western europe its swinging itself upwards and around..... its coming......dont worry

Posted
Folks If you can pust your CURRENT temp in the post & your TEMP trend for the last Hour with that as well.......

it will help to see where the warmer segment is..........

S

-2.5C, still slowly falling.

Posted
I think its the band swinging around look at Past 3 hrs meteox radar from zooming out over western europe its swinging itself upwards and around..... its coming......dont worry

I don't know why people are looking at this free rader cr*p. For starters PPN can't change direction like that. And 2 nobody can't forecast the exact location and intensity of a PPN band. So theres no point looking at that because its useless!!

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Wouldnt worry about that, I have been following that radar for the last few hours and it keeps moving north-east with every run but the forecasted ppn is saying that it will just go north, which is rubbish because the ppn isn't doing that with each latest radar run.

Posted
Do you think the south coast (Brighton) will see ANY snow at all before it turns to rain? I'm bracing myself for a very disappointing night.

Another shoreham local! hows it going ?

Keep an eye on the local weatherstation here.

Its touch and go with the temps at the moment, we will get some precipitation, but it will probably fall as sleet/rain unfortunatly - Just that bit to close to the coast ! :o

You never know though, the colder air might win through, but it doesn't look to hopeful.

I'm desperate to snowboard down Mill Hill !! :)

Posted

Hi Brian

A little nearer the coast here, now -2.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

This front is and was always going to fragment i woudnt take to much notice of anything unless its outside your house.Its that fragile you could end up with a heavy fall or nothing.Enjoy anyway considering its only frotal lightweight snow. :o

Posted

BAD NEWS - Raining here with just a smidge of sleetiness.

GOOD NEWS - Temp was up to +3.6 but has now fallen 0.8 in half an hour to +2.8 and the dew point is still low.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Current conditions here if you're interested:

post-94-1170879430_thumb.jpg

Temps drop sharply after sunset but seem to have levelled somewhat now. 0.5c warmer than this time last night...

Posted

evening all just looked at the radar some deep shades of red and pink so it looks like as they when we all wake up in the moning things could be in for some fun on the roads in the moning in the south and east :o