Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Pt 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I used to live in Hagley Worestershire.....*sob* Now im on the rainy south coast....... :rolleyes::(:)

I go to school there. Brake lane is where it is.

Very cold here currently.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Hi there,

Used to live in Malvern, which'll get a hammering tomorrow. Even thought of travelling down there tonight, but didn't think my wife would approve!

Pretty sure the malvern hills will be very badly hit. Probably one of those areas reaching top end of 15cm.

Posted

just had a look at the lampost still dry thought it would be doing something by now :rolleyes:

Edited by BARRY

Posted
its -1 where i am so y are they forecasting rain?? surely thats cold enough for snow??

I dont know exactly where you are so i cant help you, but the problem if you only have -1, is that when the front arrive, there will be a rise in temperatures, and if youre in the far south, it could well get too high for snow. You might well be ok if you live in northern hampshire, particularly since the temps will likely drop more before the front arrives.

Posted
Now Anglia are saying ipswich will have sleet and we have 70% chance of disruption. I don't think they're giving it as much credit as bbc tbh. Anglia and ITV weather are tbh thick as you know what when it comes to forcasting. ITV national weather will be different and will show EA with heavy snow

Arrows the problem is that we are literally right on the borderline of snow and sleet here in Ipswich, I have a funny feeling we may get a slight dusting before 8am but that it will quickly turn sleetier as the morning progresses...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
What are you doing down there forestpagan - you should have stayed in Hagley!! Saw the Midlands Today forecast with Shef and it was a site to behold! :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that Paul (Site Development) will give us the heads up when he gets snow as he's not far from me! Any other Worcs posters around here? What happened to CloudBurst!?

Lol if my school is closed tomorrow ill be here updating from 7am to virtully all day with Reports from Kidderminster and Stourbridge.

Posted
Arrows the problem is that we are literally right on the borderline of snow and sleet here in Ipswich, I have a funny feeling we may get a slight dusting before 8am but that it will quickly turn sleetier as the morning progresses...

love the avatar mate :rolleyes: spot on

Posted
I dont know exactly where you are so i cant help you, but the problem if you only have -1, is that when the front arrive, there will be a rise in temperatures, and if youre in the far south, it could well get too high for snow. You might well be ok if you live in northern hampshire, particularly since the temps will likely drop more before the front arrives.

i live near winchester just below. hope it does snow would b nice!!

Posted
Lol if my school is closed tomorrow ill be here updating from 7am to virtully all day with Reports from Kidderminster and Stourbridge.

I thought playing in it would come first man, thats what i would do. Go snowball my ex gf's house :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi Arrows-

The SE corner is tricky to forecast here-Being on the eastern end of the front we will get the benefit of the colder air, but will have pay the price of a thinner band of PPN-

So from that perspective you may estimate a couple of cms up to 5cm..-

However its not as straight forward as that- once the band reaches the northern limit there will be a period whereby very little movement is observed at all-

If you happen to hit that then upwards of 5cm could accumulate- The issue with respect to that for our region is obviously were aiming perhaps at a smaller target ( Narrow band)

Give it say 4 hours & we will begin to see the pivital point of the Front- then & only then do the assessments & depths begin to gain some credibililty.....

As well as a CLOSE eye on current temps in the Southern regions....

regards

Steve

ANSWER TO TEMP IN SE - i am in folkestone and it has been cold with a bite... now has become 10x as cold!

Posted
I thought playing in it would come first man, thats what i would do. Go snowball my ex gf's house :)

oh i certainly will be doing that too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloudy and not a breath of wind here! The temperature has dropped to -2.2C from -1.4C at 7pm. I think the effect of cloud cover is slowing the rate of it getting colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather
Well a fascinating 24 hours ahead, very much a throwback to the eighties and great that the younger members can see such an event.

Events like this can be letdowns - Dec 95 was one such occassion....

Another event in the mid-80s (can't remember exactly when' saw a Channel Low expected to bring heavy snow to Central Southern England, South Midlands and London. It was talked up so much that ITN even posted a man in Central London to wait for the snow in the early hours of the morning. The reality was that the Low headed in another direction and gave South Wales, parts of SW England and the SW Midlands a dumping !

Oh, remember them - especially the 1980s one when the 'blizzard' ground to a halt and headed south leaving us to wake up 'green'. Hopefully tomorrow will remind us of those days when we woke as kids to a strange light outside......

Brutal dew points now being recorded and to reiterate Steve's point, massive drops in temperature now showing up which must augur well. All we need now is for the ppn to be a bit heavier than anticipated - and there's potential there with the developing system, instability and high RH values.

Posted

also the temp here is -3.1c clear skies alot colder than this time last night could get down to -5c by the time the cloud gets here and -2c when the snow gets here well hopefully and can anyone tell me when the snow is expected to hit west leicester