Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Pt 4

Posted

Man this is getting interesting talking about a battle!!! this cold air dont wanna give up -4 currently here. also just to let people now, u see them showers out in north sea east off coast of yorkshire and further noth, there intensifying, and and pushing directly east to west now, If you look close enough you can see a trend of a possible line forming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
Looks like the snow will become heavier over west yorkshire on thursday night, due to the irish sea influence! I wouldnt be suprised if there was some locally deep amounts!

This will probably be over the Western parts of West Yorkshire like Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield. I'm driving to those parts tomorrow with work so i'll take some pics.

Posted

Hi Arrows-

The SE corner is tricky to forecast here-Being on the eastern end of the front we will get the benefit of the colder air, but will have pay the price of a thinner band of PPN-

So from that perspective you may estimate a couple of cms up to 5cm..-

However its not as straight forward as that- once the band reaches the northern limit there will be a period whereby very little movement is observed at all-

If you happen to hit that then upwards of 5cm could accumulate- The issue with respect to that for our region is obviously were aiming perhaps at a smaller target ( Narrow band)

Give it say 4 hours & we will begin to see the pivital point of the Front- then & only then do the assessments & depths begin to gain some credibililty.....

regards

Steve

Steve, would you say that the front has more of a northerly drive at present, and the precip progged to move slowly eastwards along the line appears to be narrowing markedly since say 5.30PM. Could the front even fragment to a point where no snow falls in parts of the south east bar a flurry here and there ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
Is the grass covered Yet????? :rolleyes:

it was sticking to everything very easily but has since stopped,

i will keep you posted and take some pics

regards

Posted

I'm closely watching an area of snow off the East coast of Scotland which seems to be slowly moving NW, gradually encroaching on Aberdeen, probably between 8-8.30 it will make landfall. There's a good 2" in that cell.

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted
I think the next 2-4 Hours is going to be quite telling with respect the Northern extent-

As we head into the latter stages of the evening the inflection point should become clear-

Where this happens expect the heaviest of snow-

My deepest guestimate right now would be for somewhere to pick up around 8 Inches-

One of the shires perhaps-

I am quietly confident of my own location getting a resonable hit......

fingers X'ed smiley.......

S

steve you mean Bukingham.............shire :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
This will probably be over the Western parts of West Yorkshire like Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield. I'm driving to those parts tomorrow with work so i'll take some pics.

So that includes me then? as Im at the very western reaches of yorkshire.

Posted
I used to live in Hagley Worestershire.....*sob* Now im on the rainy south coast....... :rolleyes::(:)

What are you doing down there forestpagan - you should have stayed in Hagley!! Saw the Midlands Today forecast with Shef and it was a site to behold! :)

I'm hoping that Paul (Site Development) will give us the heads up when he gets snow as he's not far from me! Any other Worcs posters around here? What happened to CloudBurst!?

Steve, would you say that the front has more of a northerly drive at present, and the precip progged to move slowly eastwards along the line appears to be narrowing markedly since say 5.30PM. Could the front even fragment to a point where no snow falls in parts of the south east bar a flurry here and there ?

Thats always a possibilty my friend.......

As was mentioned though give it till about 11pm radar & review then-

S

Not just yet vince........

WESTERN TEMPS STILL CONCERN ME

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
must have a chance at a covering in south yorkshire then. I hope our friends in the south get a right pasting! Don't forget there are people who have children that have never seen any real snow. Kids i teach are 16 and they dont believe snow depths measured in feet from my childhood in the 70's and 80's are even possible, poor buggers!

I love the blob of snow u forecast just over us :rolleyes:

I got a feeling this snow is going to push a little furthur north than people think, it looks like its gathering in density and that colds hanging on.

Posted

Just a message to Kippure.. I dont expect the band to reach Dublin until midnight.. it is the guff band of drizzle thats moving north now..

Main band has tracked into southern Wicklow now and will move very slowly north :rolleyes:

Temps will drop back but will they be enough? Probably not :(

Posted
Just a message to Kippure.. I dont expect the band to reach Dublin until midnight.. it is the guff band of drizzle thats moving north now..

Main band has tracked into southern Wicklow now and will move very slowly north :(

Temps will drop back but will they be enough? Probably not :)

:rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

One question: how quickly is the front moving because it seems to be huge by the looks of it on the Met Office website and if it's going relatively slowly - surely there will tonnes of snow to be had.

Posted
What are you doing down there forestpagan - you should have stayed in Hagley!! Saw the Midlands Today forecast with Shef and it was a site to behold! :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that Paul (Site Development) will give us the heads up when he gets snow as he's not far from me! Any other Worcs posters around here? What happened to CloudBurst!?

Well, im in Herefordshire, would expect it to reach me first, any time between 11 and 1 id say. Your right, Midlands today forecast WAS a site to behold!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
I used to live in Hagley Worestershire.....*sob* Now im on the rainy south coast....... :rolleyes::(:)

Hi there,

Used to live in Malvern, which'll get a hammering tomorrow. Even thought of travelling down there tonight, but didn't think my wife would approve!