Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Pt 4

Posted
They are certainly not going to be calm if forecast correctly!

you may get some snow but be prepared to be dissapointed if you expect loads.

Good call, mensioned it before me. Drifting is possible and the potential there for some blizzard like falls " The relative velcoity looks excellent " along with other conditions, there will certainly be downdrafts within the front. So people that are worried about having mariginal temps and dew points, dont worry about it, if you have a temp of 3 or 4oc in this scenario snow may well still fall. due to the downdrafts.

Most likely during the heavier bursts, although generally turning back to sleet/wet snow a little quicker than places north of the M4 corridor.

thanks

Edited by Snowking2007

Posted
I've had an idea:

Can we have a dedicated picture only topic for people to post pictures in?

And one for moaning about lack of snow?

And one for Blizzards?

I'm joking btw, don't start any more threads!!!!

Posted
Good Evening

Well after catching up on the latest it looks like initially we could be one of the worst effected areas being one of the highest areas in the south east. the Chilterns and the downs are looking at estimates of up to six inches in some areas with a average of two to four inches locally.

So i am now going to issue a warning for extreme Mr Crazy Snow Fan Alert posts are likely to be heavy with localised Wooping and sparadic Crazy snow fan english, for those who know him well be warned. :rolleyes:

LO

One of the best on this Forum!!!!!

I think the next 2-4 Hours is going to be quite telling with respect the Northern extent-

As we head into the latter stages of the evening the inflection point should become clear-

Where this happens expect the heaviest of snow-

My deepest guestimate right now would be for somewhere to pick up around 8 Inches-

One of the shires perhaps-

I am quietly confident of my own location getting a resonable hit......

fingers X'ed smiley.......

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
Your so lucky, Evelyn cusack on rte weather said we wont get any due to an on shore wind. Take some photos if yeh can.

will do kippure,

did you also here that her saying that the cold arctic air could push back westwards, fingers crossed

Posted

Will there be any potential for lightening as the warmer moist air butts up against the much cooler air?? This happened in Feb about 3 years ago.

Posted

Damn I'm good, I said 8 inches aswell, I feel privilaged to have the same thoughts as Steve who in all fairness is a legend when it comes to these set-ups

Posted
I've had an idea:

Can we have a dedicated picture only topic for people to post pictures in?

Photo forum ;)

Posted

Hi Kippure

Only saving grace here is that the dewpoint is low, currently -2 with the temp +3. It's a pity the front wasn't a couple of hours later as we would have had a chance to get the air tmp. down. Rain or snow - it's certainly on the way!! Would expect ppn in the next hour. Will be glued to the lampost this evening!

Oh bug**r - temp has risen to +3.3 - we're doomed!

Edited by Doc

Posted

North Yorkshire is a long hit. If snow reaches there it will be light snow, but may possibly give you a covering.

IMO, your best chance is Friday night as another front comes in and heads NE. With the cold still lingering on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Uh Oh.! ive been infected by pure rampage!

Call eyes on the radars then the street lights ;) Shame the one outside my house is still broken from the strong winds a few weeks ago!

Posted

If we're allowed to ask then I might aswell ask what Steve thinks are my chances of a decent amount, not being funny to anyone else, I like to trust Steve as he can read these kind of situations very well

Posted
steve what is your opinion on any snow reaching North Yorkshire?

I am not steve, but i say one thing me and him have had some bloody good friendly bets on snow and depth estimations! and i will say i have won my fair share hehe. All steve has to do is think a little and he will know who i am. Only one thing i am not better at than him and thats playing a game that involves " chips " ;)

As for the snow, yes i think you will get some, best chance around 3-6pm onwards before it fizzles out, I am from east yorkshire, I have a little bit better of a chance due to the way the band is pushing.

Saturday looks wicked for both of us though ;) These southerns can have the frontal snow from the west, we will have our beast from the east :lol:

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

;) -->

QUOTE(Ross B @ 7 Feb 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Photo forum :lol:

Oh yea, forgot about that ;)

Posted
On the contrary i've copied the bbc with a white fill for midland areas but what they have failed to rcognise is the heavy precip further north over barnsley. I have fixed this error for them and am happy with the result!

lol, thats kind of you! Who knows, Everton Fox might sign you up as his aprentice... ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Lots of talk of the Northern extent of this snow fall but where are we drawing the line in the South. I guess just up the road on Salisbury plain there will be some cover but how is Hampshire going to fair in general??

Posted

The whole of England is buzzing with the excitement of this heavy snow prospect.

People are posting here faster than I can read them all.

What's the odds in it being a hot sunny day tomorrow in the Midlands?

I have a 40 mile drive to work through the Midlands so that will be interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
I think the onshore wind is the main problem here too.

Dublin has a better chance though surely

Hi JS/Kippure,

Any place with an elevation in Dublin will get snow, so you should be ok Kippure.

My weather station dew point is -2.2 and wet bulb is 1.7 with air temp 3.7 so that should be ok for snow. Well according to John Holmes those dew points and well bulb should be ok. Now sure about the air temps though