Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Discussion Pt 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I wish people will lay off Blizzards back and let us respect his view in what he think.

I also think he is generally excited about this snow so you can't blame him being all hyped up!. I would be excited if i was in his location so let him makes his predictions regardless weather they are right or wrong.

Thankyou very much for that, infact can i add you on my friends list?

i 1000000% agree with your comment.

Posted

Well if Nottingham does get a dumping then at least the council will have loads of salt/grit to throw on the road as we have not had a good dumping in years!

Apparently the mountain of grit was that high even that had snow at the top. :wallbash:

Posted
Looks like things are not turning out well at all here.. temperaures are rising not falling.. i now expect we'll be lucky to get sleet here at my location and i will be viewing pics of snow over in England with so much pain i might just not be able to view the forums for a while..

:fool::wallbash:

4.1C cloudy and cold? This better not go hay wire.

Posted
Thankyou very much for that, infact can i add you on my friends list?

i 1000000% agree with your comment.

hehe, only 12, didnt realise that. Ah boy you will learn one day, i dont blame u been excited, if a 20 year old can get excited why cant a 12 year old :wallbash: hehe

Posted
Blizzard is probably right, i do think the Midlands area is going to be hit the hardest, so the west Midlands could wel lbe hit hard. Saying that the rest of England to the south does have a real chance at being hit hard, esp becuase the UKMO charts have the cold air being very stubborn indeed which is a good thing. Matty I do think your location is more marginal then for England and Wales but you've got to hope the Irish sea doesn't modify the air to much as it comes in from the east, hopefully it doesn't make it a slushy mix.

Sorry to here about that by the way JS but your area was very unlikely to gt snow from trhis set-up sadly, main snow zone also appears to have shifted slightly further east based on tonights output.

There is not much doubt about it now.. i'll be lucky to get a slushy mess at the rate temps are going :wallbash:

Posted

good forecast for me from paul hudson 2-3 inches not bad concidering we have hardly had anything hear all winter

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

I still have a good feeling that the essex and EA area are going to get hit hard too... i think certainly more than 5cm with maybe 10cm being more widely reported in lucky areas. I also believe theres going to be more surprises tomorrow morning!!.

Edited by smith25

Posted

Paul Hudson on Look North just now said that a band of snow, which could be patchy in nature, will push northwards through Lincolnshire in the morning and reach all of the region by the afternoon, could bring 2-3inches, especially in south Lincolnshire and on the Wolds.

Posted
Looks like things are not turning out well at all here.. temperaures are rising not falling.. i now expect we'll be lucky to get sleet here at my location and i will be viewing pics of snow over in England with so much pain i might just not be able to view the forums for a while..

Yea local forecast up north goin for snow to the west with winds comin in from the sea just sleet in the east. Hope they are wrong but I doubt it.

Midlands looks the place to be

Posted
Paul Hudson on Look North just now said that a band of snow, which could be patchy in nature, will push northwards through Lincolnshire in the morning and reach all of the region by the afternoon, could bring 2-3inches, especially in south Lincolnshire and on the Wolds.

Did it show the band going over hull hehe ? :wallbash:

Posted

Shefali on local weather (midlands today) said 10-15 cm in the midlands with the south west of the region being worst affected i.e. worcestershire. But herefordshire is the furthest south and west of the region........... where i am. This just suggests that blizzards is correct, because the snow will arrive in this region first and stays around the longest.

But we shall all see i suppose!

Posted
Chill out, temps will drop before then, plus when the precipitation arives evaporative cooling will come into play.. youl atleast get a good covering and see blizzard conditions before it turns tro sleet.. :wallbash:

Great! Now I know I'm being greedy but could we then expect it NOT to turn to sleet and just stay dry, possibly with further snow showers throughout thursday?.....

Mmmm - I want it all

Posted
I still have a good feeling that the essex and EA area are going to get hit hard too... i think certainly more than 5cm with maybe 10cm being more widely reported in lucky areas.

I like you, this man/girl knows what he's talking about :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

lookin at the radar there is a bulge in front of the main band (light precip) so hopefully that will give manchester a lil bit more..cos it is heading in this general direction :wallbash:

Posted

It's near 10 here Matty.

Looking dodgy even for you i think.

I dunno what's gone wrong

Posted

Midlands Today (BBC) has said that Worcestershire (where I live but they said it not me) is going to be the worst as it is going to be hit first and longest by the snow.

And Blizzards is right in saying all the schools in Dudley are closed tomorrow, cos the Wife has just phoned from work and it is in the local papers.

Edited by Pickles

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
what type of snow is this going to be i wonder??? i'm thinking back to the great blizzard of 1990 that brought down powerlines and left us without water and electric for 4 days!!! the temperatures make it look like it's gonna be the sticky type??? any thoughts?

Looks like snow will be of the 'wet' type sticking to everything, as temps and dew points will be close to freezing with a fair bit of moisture arriving in from the Atlantic aloft, the 'dry' type of powder snow which brought the infamous wrong type of snow in Feb 1991 for the then Birtish Rail - is usually the reserve of very cold Easterlies with temperatures and dew points well below freezing.

Posted
Midlands Today (BBC) has said that Worcestershire (where I live but they said it not me) is going to be the worst as it is going to be hit first and longest by the snow

Im further south and west than you............ :wallbash:

Posted
Midlands Today (BBC) has said that Worcestershire (where I live but they said it not me) is going to be the worst as it is going to be hit first and longest by the snow

Oh you just had to didn't you! :wallbash:

Posted

Well if the intensity is going to be the same then surely everwhere will have the snow for the same amount of time, it'll just hit at different times thats all. Everyone remember to watch itv weather as they seem to be on the ball

Posted

I have just heard that all schools in Dudley Borough are shut tomorrow. I think this is a brave decision but also quite a good call by the Chief Education Officer as parents know in advance and it will avoid last minute 'is school open' panic whilst trying to tune into local radio.